User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I SOOOO want a pet monkey

So I've been looking at baby monkeys for sale in Australia and OMG they are soo bloody cute. They are becoming very hard to resist.
    What sort of license do you need to own a pet monkey in Australia NSW ??

I can't get over how cute they are, i think i would prefer a pet monkey instead of another baby for a few more years. And I think it would make the most awesomest pet. A MONKEY of all things oh I'm so tempted

Has anyone else ever gone through this wanting a pet monkey. Do you need to get certain needles so you don't catch anything or something ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure you will find that the only monkeys you are allowed to own in Australia is sea monkeys.

If you are reading advertisements i would say they are a scam. Probably a Nigerian scam.
    DD1 14, DD2 8, DS 7, DS2 (Our Angel), DD3 3

Breast feeding, co sleeping, babywearing,BLW, TT, vaxxer

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JabberJaw For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (11-02-2011),Fuchsia!  (21-02-2011),Gandalf  (11-02-2011),zombiekitty  (12-02-2011)

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea, but I just wanted to say go for it! A monkey sounds awesome!

I have DS so I should know
    "I could only find single cans of Mother in the servo and was heaps annoyed cos it was going to cost me a fortune. But then I saw the four packs were on special up the front and was like 'Ha, screw you single mothers!' - Oh, wait..."

Funniest.
    Story.
    Ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A monkey would be so much more work then a baby. At least with a baby you can take it places, use childcare. A monkey you can't, it would be very hard on a monkey to be home by its self. Are you willing to be home 24/7? No, it's not legal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would never want to own a monkey - they are not a domesticated pet - and I'd be pretty sure you CANNOT get a licence in Aus to have one

A chimp recently tore a woman's face off (in USA) - very sad

I wish that zoos didn't exist, but they are at least better than whenI was a kid
    "Free speech does not give you a free pass to say incorrect things and not be criticised for it."

Rosemary Johnson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Fuchsia!  (21-02-2011)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline harvs gave me this shiny trophy :) Katiesmum let me keep it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly I agree with Jabberjaw, I can't imagine it would be legal here in Australia to own a monkey as a pet, and secondly, as cute as they are I think they would be such a handful you would regret having one. Kids are a handful but they grow up, a monkey never stops being a monkey.
    Me - 36 He - 36 - Freya arrived 10/11/09 - MC 3/7/11
    - Placeholder for a pregnancy ticker (hopefully soon) -
    "That's what you do in a herd" - Manny, Ice Age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaw View Post
    If you are reading advertisements i would say they are a scam. Probably a Nigerian scam.

But you could all ways pay for one and let us all know if it's a scam or not.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Cj* For This Useful Post:

anewme  (11-02-2011),Fuchsia!  (21-02-2011),Gandalf  (11-02-2011),JabberJaw  (11-02-2011),RoarsomeMum  (11-02-2011),zombiekitty  (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Monkeys are wild animals, not domestic animals suited to life in a house with a human family.

I would love love love to cuddle a monkey, but as much as I find them completely adorable and so very interesting, I think it's wrong to own one and treat it as a pet.

I am pretty sure that in Australia, you'd not be allowed to keep one as a pet. If you were, you certainly would not be allowed to without appropriate paperwork and probably a decent reason for owning one too (other than just "OMGZ SO CUTE!").
    I've now lost 42kg thanks to my gastric sleeve surgery!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps4765124b.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (11-02-2011)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline harvs gave me this shiny trophy :) Katiesmum let me keep it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You need to watch the first season of Friends to see the problems that having a pet monkey can cause
    Me - 36 He - 36 - Freya arrived 10/11/09 - MC 3/7/11
    - Placeholder for a pregnancy ticker (hopefully soon) -
    "That's what you do in a herd" - Manny, Ice Age

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You can own them and other exotic animals in America (terribly backward) but not here!

It's so so sad. Unfortunately humans think they have the right to everything they want!

Monkeys are beautiful and cute but admire them from the wild where they belong!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MRJB For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (11-02-2011)