+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lite n' Easy while pregnant?

Hey there!

Anyone done Lite n' Easy while pregnant?

I've found myself making VERY bad food choices lately, and it's not so much that I'm craving the bad foods, but just that I get hungry and need to eat immediately, and am not prepared and too lazy to eat the right things, so I grab something easy which is almost always bad.

I ate takeaway 3 times yesterday, and today the guilt about it is eating me up so bad, I know I need to do something. I'm seriously considering Lite n' Easy, because it would be easy to follow and I'd be eating nutricious food rather than junk all the time.

Anyone have experience or opinions on this? Do you think it's a good idea?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, the other question I have, is how many calories should I be eating while pregnant? Lite n Easy has 1200, 1500 & 1800 calorie options. I know 1200's what I was eating when I was trying to lose weight, so I assume that wouldn't be enough. Would 1500 be the right amount?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know about light & easy but I did a googlea nd

• First Trimester - 2,000 calories per day
    • Second Trimester - 2,300 calories per day
    • Third Trimester - 2,300 calories per day

From what I read after the first 3 months is when you really need more calories & you should be eating 300 more calories per day than normal.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    From memory you only "need" an extra 200 c a day while pregnant. 500 while exclusively breastfeeding on demand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabelline View Post
    I think the frozen dinners are cool. But the vacuumed meat for lunch?? I got chronic food poisoning, 4 days in bed. I would nt risk it while pregnant. You can print the menus off and buy the same stuff from Coles online if you need to follow the day stuff.
    Oh dear, well that has turned me right off. I've never heard of anyone having issues with it before now.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Losing weight while breast feeding can adversely affect the milk supply. Lite n' Easy can provide a conveniently prepared basis for a healthy diet that could be supplemented with extra fruit and low fat dairy food.
    This is what they say about breastfeeding. I would say you would have to do the same thing when your pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im reviving this old topic. Has anyone done this when pregnant? Im not expecting yet but last time i had such an aversion to cooking that this sounds like a good idea as hubby cant/wont cook. Im not interested in the whole plan, just the prepared dinners. I can handle breakfast/lunch myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, Am 4 weeks Pregnant and I am on lite n easy although I am getting off of it because they have Genetically Modified Grains in their breads, cereals and pastas and also have not been tested for BPA in their plastic. I was on lite n easy before I found out I was pregnant and then when I looked further into their ingredients and reviews from other customers I found out that they used genetically modified grains which is a big no no apparently when your pregnant. I would suggest printing off a menu and going and buying the ingredients that match the best and then try it that way. and remember that exercise like yoga or aquarobics keep the baby fat away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is over 2 years old darl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app