+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone is doing Midwifery at UQ? In regard to the Clinical hospital, did you get your top choice? I really am hoping for Ipswich Hospital, any idea if this is a popular choice for the Bach of Mid at UQ? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Creation

I am at UQ and based at the Mater. I got my first choice for clinical placement, I'm not sure how they work it , but have a feeling it is on your entrance ranking. The reason I'm not 100% sure is because there was a delay with everything the beginning of this year, due to the floods. The popularity of placement hospitals is kinda difficult to predict as it really comes down to what everyone else has put as their first choice.

Kind Regards

Sian

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just coming in to say that CDU are offering the BMid from 2012, so next year! Apply through SATAC.

I gather most subjects are external.

Kirsty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. For those of u who remember me.... I'm back!! For those who don't... Hello

I'm wanting info on Townsville new grad midwifery programs.... Anyone got any info? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name - tashaplus2 aka tash

University- AUT university (Auckland, NZ)

Degree- Bachelor of Midwifery

Dates- 2010 to march 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!! Can I join in or should I start a 2012 thread? I have recently received an early offer for Bach of Nursing at ACU Melbourne. Still hoping to get accepted to Bach Nursing/Mid and Deakin Geelong, but am happy to have a place somewhere!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerfae View Post
    Just coming in to say that CDU are offering the BMid from 2012, so next year! Apply through SATAC.

I gather most subjects are external.

Kirsty
    Yes it does, isn't that exciting!

Are you applying at all flowerfae? I know of a lady who is waiting to hear if she got into CDU's BMid. I got into their BNur. Looking forward to it, but scared at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summerly, congrats on the Bnurs!

I am at Griffith Uni doing Mid, but i used to live in Darwin so i kind of got excited when i saw they were offering it! They have a great homebirth program up there and lots of consumer support for non medicalised birth!

Tash, i remember you! I live in Townsville, i'm not sure about the grad programs here,I don't think they are easily come by in QLD, unless in the major Brisbane hospitals i'll see what i can find out. They do however love BMid midwives, as Townsville hospital is one of Griffiths teaching hopsitals now.

How are you?

Kirsty
    Last edited by flowerfae; 28-11-2011 at 08:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kirsty I am good!!! Course going well, life's good! Wow u live in tville!! U can be my source of knowledge hehe. Can u PM me? I also want advice on areas to buy, good primary schools xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    Hi ladies. For those of u who remember me.... I'm back!! For those who don't... Hello

I'm wanting info on Townsville new grad midwifery programs.... Anyone got any info? Xx
    Hey hun! welcome back!!! glad to hear you are still thinking of coming to Oz.