+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    I didnt realise GU Mid was also online based, i wish i had known that last year... oh Well, ACU should be good!
    ACU is superior with labs and tutes which will be great for you when it comes to clinical skills in the hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwifeipswich View Post
    I don't know where your from but this definitely does not occur in queensland! I wish hahaha[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Hi there,

I'm in QLD and I've found this on the QLD Health website:

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/nursing.asp

Scroll down the webpage and have a look - maybe I've totally got my wires crossed?!?!?!

BTW - Who watched SBS series last night - One born every minute. How funny was that singing lady! And that boyfriend, sheesh!
    Last edited by Purple Monkey; 27-10-2011 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Purple Monkey - Yep, I am in love with OBEM!!! The singing lady was a crack up

Brunfelsia - You are making me nervous about not picking ACU - every time you talk about how great ACU is I wonder if I've made the right choice I love ACU and really enjoyed my previous study there....

4babies - Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    ACU is superior with labs and tutes which will be great for you when it comes to clinical skills in the hospital
    Thats awesome to hear.. im thinking about doing a 3 unit semesters, but not sure how to go about it, i think it will work for me and my family a bit better.. so so much to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post

Brunfelsia - You are making me nervous about not picking ACU - every time you talk about how great ACU is I wonder if I've made the right choice I love ACU and really enjoyed my previous study there....
    It really depends on what suits individual learners I guess One of our cohort has come from ACU (GU closer) & she has said how good clinical sessions are on campus at ACU. Sorry to make you nervous - just that for me, more of that would have been good before going on placement. We have 'quick' labs during intensives and this semester have been doing a weekly clinical session of about 2.5 hours which has been excellent. However, most of the learning is coming from prac (probably normal) - it'd just be nice to have it more 'honed' at uni first iykwim.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Part time midwifery students at GU

Hi,

Does anyone know if Part time students doing BMid at Griffith have to take on COC in the first year - if so how many and does it start Sem1 or Sem2?

Also, is there rostered shifts, for 1st year partimers, at the hospital starting Sem2 (like fulltime 1st year students have)?

I was thinking about doing partime study in 2012 and then taking up fulltime study in 2013 once my eldest is in prep and I only have 1 child's worth of daycare fees.

Thanks is advance for any advice or info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Monkey View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if Part time students doing BMid at Griffith have to take on COC in the first year - if so how many and does it start Sem1 or Sem2?

Also, is there rostered shifts, for 1st year partimers, at the hospital starting Sem2 (like fulltime 1st year students have)?

I was thinking about doing partime study in 2012 and then taking up fulltime study in 2013 once my eldest is in prep and I only have 1 child's worth of daycare fees.

Thanks is advance for any advice or info!
    Hi PM....

I don't know a lot about part-time but doing prac would depend on which subjects (courses) you choose to do. One of the girls on this thread (TZJL) started PT & I think she took the opportunity to do all her CoC. Normally 1st years are expected to do 3 each semester. Why not give the Uni a ring - the program convenor would be happy to talk to you about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brunfelsia - I can definitely imagine what you mean with wanting to be prepared before going out to placements!! Do you think GU students are under-prepared for placements? Or just that ACU is awesome? lol

Also with your 2.5 hr clinicals, is that at Uni or the hospital? Sorry still just trying to get my head around it all....

Purple Monkey - I would love to know the answer to those questions too! With being pregnant I'm still considering options....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    Brunfelsia - I can definitely imagine what you mean with wanting to be prepared before going out to placements!! Do you think GU students are under-prepared for placements? Or just that ACU is awesome? lol

Also with your 2.5 hr clinicals, is that at Uni or the hospital? Sorry still just trying to get my head around it all....
    IMO- more labs/tutorials would be optimal for going out on placement & yes, I think we are under-prepared. Having said that, the program is evolving & I think the 1st years are gaining in more/extra support especially as midwives now have more of an understanding of their role in teaching and helping students get their requirements done.

The Logan girls do their clinical session at the uni but the Redlands & Gold Coast do theirs at the hospital (these are optional but I think they've been really good).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    I've just joined this site, and was sooo pleased to see how many mum's are studying. I'm looking into studying B.mid part time at ACU. I have a 14 mth and a 2 1/2 yr old, my only concern is the timetabling. They have just started family daycare 2 days a week. Will this be enough for me to complete part time? Would so love to get a mum's perspective on this.
    Cheers