+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    Hi Purple Monkey, I just thought I'd pop in and say I've also applied for GU 2012 nice to know there's someone else here in the same boat. I'm also another qualified teacher too so it's good to hear that maybe we'll get a slightly early offer!

Have you looked in to doing your first aide training and the other pre-requisites?

Actually, when and where did others do there training?

AFM - I just got a due end of June 2012 so I'm wondering now if I can at least get first semester in and then take leave????

Hi OneLove,

Great to hear from another person looking to start study in 2012. What's with all us teachers ditching the classroom? I'm sooo excited about the prospect of a career change, can't wait! I'm going to wait and look into doing my First Aide once I've got an offer from QTAC.

Look forward to keeping in contact

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Purple Monkey - don't mean to seem like a stalker but I posted above saying (among other things) that I have GU as first preference for next year too!

Would love to chat to someone else in the same boat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - what made you select GU as your 1st preference? On my application for QTAC I only put BMid at GU as my only option. The idea of online learning and the flexibility of the GU program (not 'course'....getting my head around their terminology) appealed to me.

I see your expecting a baby next year - thats super exciting, congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opps sorry Purple Monkey!! Looks like you were replying when I thought you had missed my post. Eager much - How embarrassment!!

I'll be back to reply properly right after I get DS off to bed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I chose GU for the exact same reason as you - online learning and flexibility!

My son starts Prep next year and I want to be there for him as much as possible - so I picked GU because I thought it would be the most accommodating of that. I also looked for a course that got me into hands-on learning as soon as possible and GU offers that. When I called to speak with the program convenor (I think that's the right term) she was so very helpful and that won me over also.

Anyway, I chose Redlands as first preference hospital as it is the closest to me (still around 50mins away) on the Nth side of Brisbane. Whether or not I stick with Redlands is up in the air dependant upon a few variables in life at the moment lol I have read and heard that you can select a hospital that is closer to you if you can arrange it... that might be something I will look into. We'll see

Yep, just found out I'm expecting I knew when I placed my application it was then bound to happen lol all going well I'd like to at least make a start and do first semester but I think I may be cutting it fine as I'm due end of June... When does first Sem conclude - does anyone know?

Anyway, that's enough from me for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

Does anyone know, or have heard why several of the uni's have stopped their dual degree for 2012?

Hello fellow GU students

Kirsty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerfae View Post
    Hey all,

Does anyone know, or have heard why several of the uni's have stopped their dual degree for 2012?

Hello fellow GU students

Kirsty
    Hey Kirst! I wondered where you went I hope all is going well for you. Not sure about the dual.....your post is the first I've heard about them disappearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All is well here. My gorgeous 10 week old daughter is keeping me busy!

I noticed that QUT aren't offering it anymore and JCU who started last year are also not offering it for 2012.

Thought i had missed some important news! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerfae View Post
    All is well here. My gorgeous 10 week old daughter is keeping me busy!

I noticed that QUT aren't offering it anymore and JCU who started last year are also not offering it for 2012.

Thought i had missed some important news! LOL
    Congratulations..... That is wonderful news that you have a gorgeous daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    ugh i cant seem to find this thread anymore.. hopefully now i have posted i will...

Congrats Onelove..
    Hey Purplemonkey
    Hey everyone else
    I hadnt heard anything about the double degree being taken away.. i wonder how that is going to affect the students already doing it :/
    Im counting down the days to start back at Uni.. the wait is killing me, and to think i could have been finished my first year if i didnt have to defer
    I didnt realise GU Mid was also online based, i wish i had known that last year... oh Well, ACU should be good!