+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone!

I've finally decided to stop lurking and (hopefully) join in - I just finished my application for Bmid at ACU Melbourne next year and am crossing everything that I get in!! I actually applied back in 2009 (I wasn't NONY12 then) and got in but wasn't able to attend, so I'm hoping that if I got in before I will get in again!
    I have my STAT test on the 22nd October and I'm hoping for an early offer in late November. I'm getting so excited reading all your posts about catching babies and continuity of care programs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brunfelsia Dreaming - So do you mean the preparation for prac is better at ACU and UQ... whereas at GU you are sort of thrown in and you 'learn on the job'?
    I think I remember reading about being able to nominate an alternate hospital - Redcliffe is probably the closest to me at the moment...
    Another question, after the 2 week intensive, do you generally not see your fellow class members until the next intensive?

4babies - congrats on heading back to ACU next year - you sound so very excited
    What is it that you love the most about ACU and their Midwifery course?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jade... how exciting. Still 4 weeks away from your family will be very tough! goodluck with it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jade, I am doing rural next year too. I am really looking forward to it. Let me know how you go.

Hope uni is treating everyone well. I am doing my Prac at The Prince Charles this semester in the Med/ Surg ward so I am pretty excited about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ACU BRISBANE MIDDIE GIRLS!! we have a little group page on FB for us to share resources, idea, chat, complain lol, its called ACU Middie Wannabes, Thanks girls, 2 more weeks till break!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra - have sent you a PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Well I submitted my Qtac applicaiton today GU as first pref.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the process for applying for HECS?

I had HECS for my previous Uni studies but can't for the life of me remember how gaining a HECS place worked

Also has anyone here applied/gained a scholarship?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Well I submitted my Qtac applicaiton today GU as first pref.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the process for applying for HECS?

I had HECS for my previous Uni studies but can't for the life of me remember how gaining a HECS place worked

Also has anyone here applied/gained a scholarship?
    Hey I got a scholarship through GU, definately apply few people know about them so you have a good chance.
    As far as HECS goes I think when you actually enrol there is an option to pay upfront or apply for HECS so you dont need to worry about it til you are enrolling in actual subjects. I am doing internal transfer to Middy at GU next year so hopefully I will see you there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mytwoangels - great, good to know I don't have to worry about it for now!

Are you transfering from Nursing? I'm soooo nervous and just hoping I've picked the right Uni to do Mid at it sounds great anyway!

If you don't mind me asking, which scholarship did you receive? I was having a look on the GU site and couldn't really see one that I would qualify for

I could really do with the extra support financially that's for sure!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello sorry to crash ladies,

was just wondering if any of you had to sit a satac test? might be something else if your not in SA (basically test if you havent finished school lol) to get into nursing at uni! i need to and im so scared i feel like hurling right now! i got into one EN course and almost finished it until prac, then i had really bad turn of epilepsy and they basically kicked me out said i was "unfit" to return. and then i applied for another place and failed the test i get nervous in tests and i fail! but in all written work/prac i am fine iykwim!!!

sorry for crashing but thought it would be easier to get a response here if nobody else replies to my other thread thank you!!!!