+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get your offer today Two in Blue???? How excting!!!

How did you come to your decision about GU? I didn't realise about the international recognition - that's great.

Yes, the online learning is another attractive factor for me in the sense that perhaps I will be able to fit it around my son with a little more flexibility than other courses. I'm on Brisbane northside but am not put off by traveling for the initial 2 week intensives each semester. The closest clinical placement hospital to me would be the Redlands which is a bit of a drive too but, meh lol A move to the Redlands area is not off the cards anyway.

Another thing is when I called each of the Uni's to get more info on the courses I found the lady at Griffith (Kerry) very helpful. I was very excited when she explained that at GU they believe in hands on experience she also reminded me to apply for credits for prior study (BA and Grad.Dip.Ed).

I don't know, I just feel that it might be good for me personally....

Does anyone know the dates that GU begins 1st sem next yr?

Also, I'd love to hear from anyone who is studying at ACU. What is good about it? What isn't so good? ect ect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking One Love, but lol they didn't even look at the B Mids for this round of offers, so I got all excited for no reason QTAC says offer round is the Jan round but I have heard they do early offers so might call the uni and ask. Then I'll know when to get excited again!

I'm in Toowoomba so GU is the only uni that is offering placements at our hospital and with it being mostly online it is easy enough to do from here.

Also the midwife who just delivered my 7wk old actually wrote the curriculum for the GU course so have gotten to ask heaps of q's. She is biased of course but she says it is one of the best you can do in Aust. It is really woman focused and has heaps of hands on experience. They're also really understanding about flexibility for mums.

This years intensive for semester one was the last week in Jan and first week in Feb so it'll be around that again next yr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Two in Blue you are making me sooo excited! lol
    The more I hear about GU the more sure I become

How are you feeling about studying with 3 kiddies? I am freaking out and I only have 1!!! lol He is 4 like your eldest son and starting school next year. I would really like to have a second bubba sooner rather than later but have decided I don't want to put studying off any longer either.... we'll see what happens. It's good there is a part-time option if needs be too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GU is the way to go

Yep am a little nervous about studying with 3 but I honestly thrive on being busy lol and I love to study, so cannot wait. My bub will only be 6mths in Jan so he is coming to the intensives with me and am doing the first year part time over 2yrs so I don't have to really put him in care til he is 2. Will just use DH or my sister or a friend for the follow throughs.

My eldest will start Prep in Jan (hoping intensive doesn't overlap with first day!!) and my middle guy will start 3yr old Kindy 3 days a week in at the end of Feb. So will just be the baby and I 3 days a week and will have nights etc

Will go fulltime after that so plan is to finish in 4yrs. Yep it is great to know part time is there if fulltime is too much with the kiddies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemist View Post
    hi everyone opti here, I finished and now am working as a nurse in ICU. Got my pay and spent it on tupperware.
    OOO YAY! awesome hun. I had been wondering how you were going!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

fiddlesticks  (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Artemist - It was good to hear what you are doing. but....Tupperware :-)

RE: GU programme - meets the International definition of the midwife but that does not necessarily mean it is recognized by overseas registering bodies. I've heard UK will still have their own requirements that must be met for registration there.
    Last edited by Brunfelsia Dreaming; 01-12-2011 at 09:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, It is really so great to see so many members in nursing! It’s a great career field and we are always needed somewhere!

Name: Carolynne/ carolynnne

Uni: Unitek College

Degree: accelerated rn to bsn online http://www.onlinerntobsndegrees.com/

Start: 2011

Finish: Well, I am hoping with the online program that I can finish by 2013.

to all the nurses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Just stopping by to say I'm still around and now in sem 2 of first year. I've found it a lot harder to get back into it after the mid-year break and now I'm starting to find my feet it's almost exam and placement time
    I have been allocated to a 4 week rural placement, which means leaving my family for a month. It will be hard, but hopefully catching babies will make up for it.

Can't believe the year is almost over! Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started at ACU last year OneLove, and their set up is AWESOME!!!! i had to defer and go back to Bach of Mid next year YAY.. i drove past GU yesterday and i realised it really is such a long long way away.. did you go to ACU's open night? There is a big Uni thing on at the convention centre (i think) this weekend, with all the Unis there, maybe go check it out and have a chat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually i may be wrong about the Uni thing at the convention centre.. im sure i heard it on the radio but i cant find anything onlilne about it :/