+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had heard that ACUs' graduate:employment rate was very high so that's why I was wondering about that. Would hate to be in the same position I am now after studying for years and then, no jobs!!! Frustrating So it's great to hear there is a demand, excellent!

I definatly understand what you're saying about picking the best course for me - I've gathered quite a good bit of info so far here so I can do just that. Thanks for being so helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    I had heard that ACUs' graduate:employment rate was very high so that's why I was wondering about that. Would hate to be in the same position I am now after studying for years and then, no jobs!!! Frustrating So it's great to hear there is a demand, excellent!

I definatly understand what you're saying about picking the best course for me - I've gathered quite a good bit of info so far here so I can do just that. Thanks for being so helpful
    Isn't it frustrating that there are NO full-time jobs in teaching? I must admit I was very disappointed to discover this after completing a 4 year degree with 2nd class honours and a diploma in network engineering (IT)! Not to worry, I absolutely love Midwifery and believe we all end up where we're supposed to

Another plus for GU is that if you find full-time too much with your little one then you're able to go part-time. I don't think UQ offers that choice. I do think you're doing the right thing in trying to gather info about each course in order to make a decision that will suit you best. All of the courses will be demanding though. I believe UQ has a good grad:employment rate too. Don't know about GU yet as we are the first cohort & will finish end 2012. Our lecturers believe we will all get jobs so I'm definitely hoping that's so.

Hope everyone is enjoying a well earned break
    Last edited by Brunfelsia Dreaming; 01-07-2011 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, it is extreemly frustrating! I totally understand how you feel. But, as you said, things work out just how they are meant to. I know where my real passion is and I cannot wait to get started

Can I ask (mentioned above but you might have missed it) after the 2 week intensives at the begining of semester how many days do you do a week at the hospitals? what are the shifts like, are they a mix of times or generally during daytime? Could you spell out what a normal week is like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    Oh yes, it is extreemly frustrating! I totally understand how you feel. But, as you said, things work out just how they are meant to. I know where my real passion is and I cannot wait to get started

Can I ask (mentioned above but you might have missed it) after the 2 week intensives at the begining of semester how many days do you do a week at the hospitals? what are the shifts like, are they a mix of times or generally during daytime? Could you spell out what a normal week is like?
    1st semester of 1st year you go to the antenatal clinic to find your follow throughs (continuity of care women). This is usually only once a week until you have enough (3 in 1st semester and 3 for 2nd). 1st semester you need to do 3 antenatal visits, the birth and then 3 postnatal visits witht he woman & in second semester you do 5 antenatal visits, birth and the 3 PN visits. Then in the second semester you do 2 days a week spread over antenatal clinic birth suite and ward. At present we can say what shifts we can do and then the roster is done up around that. So generally you won't be rostered on weekends unless you want to or days you can't do. There is flexibility to do morning, afternoon or night shifts. Also in 1st semester you have to attend 3 Australian college of midwives meetings (held at various hospitals and go for about 2-3hours) and do 10 hours at a community group for women ( ie, home midwifery assoc or birthtalk or pregnancy yoga or ABA etc) but you arrange these yourself so can go along when it suits you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone have the book 'mental health nursing: dimensions of praxis' that they are wanting to sell?- if so can you PM me please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I got my results back and passed both Biol119 and Hlsc111. Only just scrapped in with biology but happy to have passed.

Does anyone know the course load for biol120 and hlsc120. These are my subjects for next semester and I can't work out how many lectures, pracs and tuts I have for each. I need to work out if I have enough time to do them without missing to many hours of work now that my boss has cracked it with me dropping my hours to do uni. Unbelievable considering only 6 months ago he was happy for me to do it and was happy to work around me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your passes Chrissy. Well done. Sorry to hear about your boss's attitude - always something to test us eh......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls, well its been a while since i logged in here, i started out at ACU doing bach Mid this year then in the first week had to defer, so i started studying nursing from home at CQU... But if my Permanat residency comes through in a few weeks i can go back to ACU MIDWIFERY and instead of transferring credits over i am going to start again..i got a SE in my A&P exam so have to resit.. not the best start but, i guess im finding it harder than i thought being at home studying with all the kids lol.. i would rather start fresh and get a well deserved pass Anywho.. hopefully i will be back in here more i see so many familiar
    names

Thanks
    Reviews
    4babies.....that'd be terrific for you!

RE: the A&P- honestly if you get a pass, consider applying for a credit for it and anything else you've done and move forward. You can look up anything that crops up and you want to revise without going through all of it again.

I'm that everything works out for you & I've heard ACU's mid program is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews

And i got the money for my Permanent Residency i think im going to vomit with excitement LOL... ACU im coming back!!! I looked into transferring my credits but because i only got a SE mark i can only get a SP pass mark so i cant transfer it. I would rather start again anyways and really know my stuff omg so excited..

I have done my re-enrolment for ACU now i just have to wait lol..