+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought i'd jump on in here too. : )

Name: Stack/Stacey
    Course: BNursing (hoping to transfer to mid nxt year!)
    Uni: ACU (Aquinas)

im parttime so its going to take a while! lol, but hows everyone going with it all? Reflective writing for 120 is doing my head in! As is BIOL lol can't take it all in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,elo elo elo elo... wow, it echos in this thread at the moment Looks like everyone is nose in book! I am trying to get stuck into things, but i dunno, i cant??? Im super pumped to be in Mid, but i just dont like the fluffy subjects, too much talk of feelings ect. It looks like you guys in the northern states get to do a bit more hands on than us in SA. I only have 3 days placement this semester, ho hum. Oh well, not trying to bring you all down! Hope everyone is settling in well and managing to balance all their family commitments too, what a huge load we have taken on guys phewph
    W x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies,
    It is quiet in here!!! But I imagine everyone is as busy as me - and its crazy busy.

WEHE - oh hunny, I hope it gets past the fluffy stage very quickly!!! I totally know what you mean about those subjects. I'm only doing 1 subject Knowing Midwifery - the fluffy get to know the course subject,but I'm loving it.

I'm lucky and have started my coc's (continuity of care / follow through's) which has been great - and I will be attending a birth next week :-)
    I have been to antenatal clinic twice to recruit women,but won't be going anymore as I have the number of coc women I need this year, + maybe 2more + I'll be supporting a friend in June as well. So its been pretty crazy and full on with attending appoinments with women and online lectures, and trying to keep up with the readings and moduels, oh and the assignment, but I am loving it, and am so sure this is what I want to be, and so glad I am now a student midwife. My hubby says my face lights up when Im talking about all things midwifery - and I feel like this, I just love every minute of it.

Hope all the girls doing the bio exam went well. I've had my first assignment due and got a D yay - was hoping for a HD but it was my first reflective assignment, so I'm happy with that.

RACH - how you feeling this week? Its such a huge workload like WEHE said, but I know it will all be worth it.

WORK - Im about to quit! I'm so excited, but a little nervous. Its not for a few weeks, the girl starting needs to give notice at her work, and I will still go in probably 1day a week or 1day a fortnight to do stuff I can't teach anyone else,but I can't wait.

Ok girls, Its a wet rainy day here in brissy. Might take the kids to a play centre so I can do some study while they play.....they are going stir crazy inside at home.

Have a great week girls, xo Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooohoooo got my biology mark back this morning. 80%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Congrats!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Chrissy!

We had the funniest pharmacology lecture the other day, while learning about NSAID's.... The uni social club was holding a bbq in the courtyard right above our lecture theatre. All of a sudden, the music the social club were playing came through our speaker system as well.... it was hilarious!

I'm submitting my first essay plan in tonight. Turnitin only found 4% referencing (1% was due to the order i put the states of australia in and the remaining 3% were just the names AHPRA and the RNCA)... Essentially, everything i wrote, was obviously referenced correctly and completely original....

Not sure if that's going to work in my favour or not tho. One of the RN's i work with, said to me that the uni's will tell us that we're dumb, and have no real ideas of our own. I wont get any marks for the essay plan until the week of the 11th of April.... Wish me luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Glad you all seem to be managing! It's a hectic life being a student

Zoe, that's fab that you've got so many CoC. Will make the rest of the year a whole lot easier for you. A birth coming up - hope all goes well!

ONOL - that would've been hilarious Well done on the turnitin -hope your plan goes well. Don't worry about them saying we have no real ideas of our own; we're not meant to as far as I can tell as we are told to always make sure our info is evidence based

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have an online Psychology test to do and I'm too scared to open and start it incase I don't know enough to pass. Biologys taking up all my waking hours just to stay on top of it which means psych has suffered. Rggggg I need to get it together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Argh I know what you mean about putting so much into one subject...
    It leaves me not really understanding any of them/

A & P is so hard!

A question ( I didnt think to ask here).. When I submitted our para phrase assignment the other day on turn it in... I got 0% and pending for days so just submitted my receipt because I never got a proper report back.

I had my intext referencing on there but not my reference list (we where told to leave it off)..

Anyway I got 0% Do any of you have any admive about that because we got told its "alarm bells" if you get 0%

I have an assignment due on Thursday.. My Understanding Good Health one.. Its a case study on a woman referring to the integumentary system and its cells..

But my two youngest have both got bronciolitis so every time i put them down to start doing work they both start coughing and gaging until they vomit!! I dont know what to do!