+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack2006 View Post
    First day of Lectures tomorrow for me! Excited but a but a bit concerned about the work loads I am reading about on this forum!

Anyway, I am off to bed now to try and get sleep... Hubby away this week - so I am on wake up duties with all three kids!
    How did day 1 of lectures go??? hope the kids are treating mummy nicely xo

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Anyone else pulling their hair out with Biol119 at ACU. I'm just not getting it! I didn't do biology at high school and now I'm regretting it big time. A simple thing like a cell is giving me sleepless nights. It's driving me nuts and it's only week 2. Now I'm stressing about the test coming up in week 4.
    A&P grr sometimes I felt like that, but it does stick eventually. I'm a picture person, so spent alot of study time drawing flow charts ect, I think the key is finding the style of learning that suits you and go with that. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden&Ryan&Joel View Post
    Try googling cell biology, and then watch some youtubes on it. look for basic ones, and the descriptions i found helped me to get my head around things.
    I found ones by khanacademy were really good. Just drawing explanations of things but to me it just made a lot of sense. He has ones on all sorts of biology and anatomy! Stick with it... it will come.

I am freaking out a bit now... first day of clinical placement tomorrow!
    Have fun! Bet you'll do great. I have my first day at antenatal clinic today too
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    Zoe - That's fabulous news with your CoC! & I'm so glad you have no regrets swapping to BMid I remember wondering if I would end up starting another degree I wouldn't end up liking but thankfully NO I didn't

Glad everyone is enjoying uni.....The A&P is challenging but I agree, it does come. Try YouTube videos, colour books, charts, flash cards etc until you find a way that helps you to remember. Also mnemonics may help.
    Thanks sandra! How's 2nd year treating you? I'm so loving it. Had our first wimba yesterday - they are soo cool, and this made me love it even more. i'm off to clinic today 1230-9.00 so hopefully recruiting a few more lovely ladies.

Have a great week everyone xo Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just received 2 books today which I'm hoping will save my life. A & P made incredibly easy and A & P made incredibly easy workbooks. Here's hoping that I can finally understand what my lecturer is talking about instead of sitting at the back with a dumb expression on my face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissy - Hope they will help. A uni friend of mine has the motto "P's [passes] make degrees!" so true but doesn't stop me aiming higher LOL. Keep at it, you'll pass, you'll see

Zoe - 2nd year is very busy! Our group is presenting our wimba assessment next week!! On a birth suite rotation too

Hope all of you lovely ladies are managing to find your Uni feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zoe, how was your day? LOVED my day! Can't wait to be doing it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Anyone else pulling their hair out with Biol119 at ACU. I'm just not getting it! I didn't do biology at high school and now I'm regretting it big time. A simple thing like a cell is giving me sleepless nights. It's driving me nuts and it's only week 2. Now I'm stressing about the test coming up in week 4.

Chrissy - so don't stress over Biol! it's really not worth it! I am definatly not a biol person! i hated it hated it and hated it! and i stressed and stressed and stressed! and hey i managed to pass it and here i am doing 2nd year!
    You can do it and you will do it! just go with the flow! and hot tip - really just learn the basic's of everything and you will be fine!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BsMummy For This Useful Post:

Chrissy1974  (05-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and work hard on your assignments and get top marks and that takes the stress of for the exam's! Though i will be honest and say Robin's exams are a B**ch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BsMummy For This Useful Post:

Chrissy1974  (05-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden&Ryan&Joel View Post
    Zoe, how was your day? LOVED my day! Can't wait to be doing it all.
    Yes Zoe, how did you enjoy ANC yesterday?
    HRJ - Glad you had a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW I am so loving being a student midwife!!! And I know I am forever saying this, but I just love it.

I had a ball in antenatal clinic yesterday, had 2wonderful midwives to be working alongside of and met some lovely women.
    I now have 5 cos's signed up and another one I am fairly sure will contact me back. She was in a hurry to get home as it was past her sons bedtime, but Im hoping she will be another coc lady.

It was great. I was in the bic (booking in clinic) so a long interview/information session type appointment but got to do a few blood pressures and feel a few babies in the belly. We did one follow up appt as we had one lady not show and I could feel the head right down - sooo cooolllll!!!!

Ok gotta run, got heaps to type up in my wiki :-) Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I'm having meltdowns over stupid things like which is the better way to store my notes and unit outlines etc.

I am in desperate need of a chill pill! The unit outlines are freaking me out BIG time too. Really doubting myself
    Hi Jade24, just wanted to pop in and say hello and ask how it is going at ACU? Its killing me not starting this year, but it was definitely the best decision for us at the moment!

Would love to hear all about your experience thus far. I really hope you are settling in well. Can't wait to join you next year. Reading the ACU posts on here are kind of freaking me out a little !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, I'm back!

This time around, however, i've just started in 2nd year at UniSA with my Bachelor of Nursing.

I've just finished the first week of tutes, and lectures, and man!!!! am i feeling dumb or what?

Who else is at UniSA, and has gone directly into 2nd year???