+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    Zoe - It'd be good if you got ahead this year on all the CoC as they are very time consuming and will definitely make your life easier when you are trying to do more courses

I use a small notebook and make sure I upload all the info onto the CoC wiki when I get home. That way I don't have to worry about doing heaps at once (works for some but not me). One of the girls has a plastic wallet for each woman that she collects info into. Your notebook idea would work well too. If a woman agrees for you to follow her, don't forget to ask her if it's OK to use the phone numbers on her file to get in touch with her if you need (eg., can't make appoint for some reason etc). Just take down the details of the visit including the obs done and the name of the midwife/doctor doing the review.
    Very time consuming - I had my first visit with my first coc lady and I was at the hospital for over 3hours - eep. She is high risk and has a few different people to see at each visit so it will be wonderful to see the difference in antenatal clinic with the midwives compared to what I saw with my coc lady.
    Boy oh boy recording in the wiki was crazy. So we are ment to record each visit in coc#1 and then pick something from that visit to write in our reflective journal???? Thats what I did, my coc#1 section is very long as I detailed all 4 appointments but did them under antenatal visit 1. She saw 4different people, so I just entered a few times then wrote up each visit.

How are your shifts going? Did you get the ones you wanted? The shifts have changes you mentioned - now assigned a midwife by the team leader??? How is that going?

Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    I am feeling a little but better today I read through each classes information outline book from front cover to back cover.

It says what I need to read before EAch weeks lessons it says what and when assignments and tests are.

I feel like starting one now..

Apparently as of week two we are working with cadavers (sp?) and sperm and blood.

Awesome!

So I'm trying to read what I need to so I can actually understand stuff on Monday.

Question to the second year + people..
    My biggest day at Uni is Monday but there are quite a few public holidays this semester... What will I need to do with my classes?
    Glad your settling into uni life. When I was doing nursing and had a full day of lectures on Monday, we had a run of 2mondays of public holidays. The first one we missed our lectures/tutes for the day - I think for a&P we did a make up lecture somewhere that week, but for the second monday the uni had the monday on tuesday and tuesday classes/tutes were forfited. Hope that makes sense. It was good in a way because it made it so you didn't miss out on both weeks.
    Have fun with the cadavers, great learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Hey Girls, well my start to ACU Bach Mid was short lived, due to some unexpected news regarding hubby and his job, i had to pull out on Thursday and defer .. It appears i may have to go back to work. I am however till studying, as i managed to just get into CQU on the same day, so i am now studying part time via distance - Nursing. obviously im not quiet happy with this decision, however im still doing my fundamental units i need for mid, so i will transfer them over next year. UGH totally P!SSED off by the situation, but im a firm believer these things happen for a reason.. so i will just hold out and see what that reason is in the future lol.
    Oh hunny, sorry you've had to put your mid on hold, but like you I believe things happen for a reason, and I'm sure you'll get back into it. Thats great you were able to get into cdu - and lik eyou said you'll still be studying and gaining credits towards your b mid. Good luck with everything

I forgot to say in my earlier post that I finally got around to cleaning up my study. Since we moved here about 10momths ago it was the junk room and you had to walk over/around things to get to the computer. WEll its not finished, but I have half the room full of boxes to go into storage in the shed, and my bookshelf and all my uni stuff is all organised. I love it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls, well my start to ACU Bach Mid was short lived, due to some unexpected news regarding hubby and his job, i had to pull out on Thursday and defer .. It appears i may have to go back to work. I am however till studying, as i managed to just get into CQU on the same day, so i am now studying part time via distance - Nursing. obviously im not quiet happy with this decision, however im still doing my fundamental units i need for mid, so i will transfer them over next year. UGH totally P!SSED off by the situation, but im a firm believer these things happen for a reason.. so i will just hold out and see what that reason is in the future lol.
    Oh hun, big big big I hope everything works out for you and your hubby. At least you will still be able to swap back into mid next year.

TZJIL- I just managed to sort myself out a study too! Squished mt two girls into one room and ste up camp in the other (i do feel bad though) At least it wont be for long, I think we will be selling this house and building a 6 bedroom one, Argh, we only just mooved in in August!

Thanks
    Reviews

At least you are still doing part time. 3 out of the 4 subjects in first semester are nursing anyway... Good luck with the distance learning, I think distance learning is fantastic when you have children still not in school. Definately much cheaper.. I know I would never have been able to afford to attend until my children were in school. I think it will all work out for you just perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    TZJIL - There is about 30 in our degree at UQ. 10 of us are based at the Mater. We start doing 2 shifts a week from week 5 Semester One. Haven't found out about how many COC we do, but think it starts from Semester 2. Then in third year we do 4-5 shifts a week.

First Problem based learning day tommorrow. Went up and had a look at the library at the Mater and the building where we will be doing PBl. So looking forward to it! Kinda seemed surreal when I was walking in the Mater Mothers hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    4babies It's good that you can keep going with nursing though.

Zoe - Shifts are working out Ok for me so far. We can still put in for days/shifts we can do with the difference being that we aren't allocated to specific preceptors anymore. So we arrive and the team leader places us with a midwife for the shift.

mapalesa - hope you have a good pbl session tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    'scuse my ignorance, but what is pbl??

Thanks
    Reviews
    problem based learning maybe?

I have had one week back at uni and it is going to be hetic, so much more full on the first year. But I am already seeing where all the foundation subjects fit now. I am really looking forward to everything this year has to offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go back tomorrow... i go back tomorrow.. YAY!!!!

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Still sad about this

You will most likely get credit for units you do at CQU though, as you know I got credit for the bio subjects and the nursing skills one, as well as an elective.

Week 2 begins tomorrow. I still can't quite believe it's all happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any other ACU girls getting a bit overwhelmed with the study we have to do?

I understand that it is all to ensure we learn the topics and what not but it is so full on!

It took me like a whole day to sort out my study timetable!

Are you guys up to date with your reading??