+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 38 in March. Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just finished 2 hours of biology study. Who the hell knew the skin was so complicated. I'm never going to remember the layers of the epidermis.

I'm praying I have an AHA moment where it starts to click or I am in big trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Well I just finished 2 hours of biology study. Who the hell knew the skin was so complicated. I'm never going to remember the layers of the epidermis.

I'm praying I have an AHA moment where it starts to click or I am in big trouble.

I was making flash cards.. that was helping me alot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found that A&P colouring books were really helpful. Helped me really get where everything was etc. You will get it... just takes time We have all been there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themelster View Post
    I'm 38 in March. Eek!

I am too in July!!!

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I am so glad I don't have to do bio! Although I feel like I should be revising a bit. I definitely need to revise my nursing skills before heading out on prac next semester. I am slightly disappointed that I'm not doing the nursing subject because I don't get to go into the nursing labs!

First week down and all going well, but I am more tired than I expected. Starting next week I have to get into a routine with my study so I can stay on top of things. Wanting to avoid the week 3 mini breakdown lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    arrr, I typed a huge post and my internet had a hissy!!!!

Ok take 2

Hi, Hope everyone is enjoying being at uni!!!

Continuity of care - how are all the first years going with this? I met my first coc women last week and start antenatal clinc on Thursday to recruit more women. I'm hoping to overrecruit this year to try and make next year a little earsier. Have all first years started recruiting coc women? If not when do you?

Also a question about taking notes. How do you take and keep notes on each coc women's visits? On Thursday I took a exercise book - on the front I've got coc #1 and her initials (so she can't be identified), and am thinking of keeping a exercise book per coc women. Does this sound ok? Any ideas or tips on how to take and keep notes...........

ACU/UQ girls - how many first years for b. mid? We had aroud 80

I am loving being a student midwife!!! I wish I had transfered into b. midwifery last year, but am kind of glad I had that extra year of nursing - I don't thin you need it, but think its helped me to be much more confident in the health care world. Also last year I wasn't in the position to be ony working a few days a week, so there would be no way I could have done it.

Who works? and how many hours / days do you do?

I am only doing 1 subject (got credits for 3first semester subjects) and only work 2days a week and feel like I'm struggling. Seriously thinking I will need to quit or cut back to 1day a week next semester. Next semester I'll have 4sjubects + coc women +2 shifts at the hospital a week.

Hospital prac - how does your uni work prac? We don't have blocks of prac, rather we do 2 shifts a week from second semester 1st year. Interested to see how different uni's handle the prac.

Ok better run. Gotta get into a few moduels - we had our first assignment due last friday so have left a few so need to catch up.

happy studying :-) Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am feeling a little but better today I read through each classes information outline book from front cover to back cover.

It says what I need to read before EAch weeks lessons it says what and when assignments and tests are.

I feel like starting one now..

Apparently as of week two we are working with cadavers (sp?) and sperm and blood.

Awesome!

So I'm trying to read what I need to so I can actually understand stuff on Monday.

Question to the second year + people..
    My biggest day at Uni is Monday but there are quite a few public holidays this semester... What will I need to do with my classes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zoe - It'd be good if you got ahead this year on all the CoC as they are very time consuming and will definitely make your life easier when you are trying to do more courses

I use a small notebook and make sure I upload all the info onto the CoC wiki when I get home. That way I don't have to worry about doing heaps at once (works for some but not me). One of the girls has a plastic wallet for each woman that she collects info into. Your notebook idea would work well too. If a woman agrees for you to follow her, don't forget to ask her if it's OK to use the phone numbers on her file to get in touch with her if you need (eg., can't make appoint for some reason etc). Just take down the details of the visit including the obs done and the name of the midwife/doctor doing the review.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls, well my start to ACU Bach Mid was short lived, due to some unexpected news regarding hubby and his job, i had to pull out on Thursday and defer .. It appears i may have to go back to work. I am however till studying, as i managed to just get into CQU on the same day, so i am now studying part time via distance - Nursing. obviously im not quiet happy with this decision, however im still doing my fundamental units i need for mid, so i will transfer them over next year. UGH totally P!SSED off by the situation, but im a firm believer these things happen for a reason.. so i will just hold out and see what that reason is in the future lol.