+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaZ View Post
    Way to go Zoe! Good Luck with the first COC - Pm me how it goes. I'm meeting mine next Friday. Gotta go - off for my TB!
    Hi Rebecca, It was so great. She was lovely and we got along really well. I saw one of the 2nd year girls there too - I forget her name, but it was comforting just seeing another GU girls there. My lady had a big day of appointments - 4different doctos/people which took 3hours. I'm glad she's due soonish, otherwise I think I'd clock up arond 50hours!!! Although it was a long day, it was great, and Ifeel like we have a great connection already. She was so greatful that I had be allocated to her which was really lovely her say that. She is a high risk patient, so I am going to be at the hospital quiet alot with her appointments ect, but its already been an amazing learning experience. Both doctors and other healht professionals were wonderful having a student tag along, and explained things to my lady, then to me in more a medical way.

Have fun with your coc!!! How did you meet her? I got my early one through Jane - my lady filled in a form at the hospital - 2months ago mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    Hello all,

Well done on your birth Wendy.

Good luck to all of you getting started at uni.

GU girls. Zoe, yes the antenatal admissions go to the maternity ward (2D) but they usually get a single room.

Yeah, the birthing suites are quite small hey....

How did you girls get your CoC that quick.....It took us a couple of weeks til we went out to the clinics to ask. If the midwives are recruiting for you, that is sooo good

Did you all enjoy the orientation day? How many are at Logan because there seemed to be a LOT

HI Sandra,
    I got my first coc lady through the hospital. There is a pink box near the weighing machine - my lady filled out a form about 2months ago. Jane emailed us and I was lucky enought to get her. Hopefully start antenatal clinics next Thursday which is going to be great and hopefully recruit a few women there.
    Yes was a shock to the system when I saw the delivery suites - I'm used to the big ones at Mater. Was lovely to see you the other day - is it usually that quiet in delivery?

Orientation was ok - like any orientation I think, a huge build up, but not that exciting. I mean it was great to be in the hospital and get a tour ect, but other than that we had the fire/security lecture and handwashing one and chat about the program, coc's ect. There are 25 1st years so yes heaps of us.

ok girls, gotta run, talk soon :-) Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zoe - That is an excellent idea to support getting CoCs (the box). Glad it's going well for you. Which ANC clinic are you at?

The birthing suites are not usually that quiet. They were in mid december but I thought it was all the mums willing their bubs to wait till after Xmas LOL.....having said that one of the girls the other day said she'd had a few shifts like that and ended up working in MAU.

We started out with 20 at Logan last year but some dropped out within first few weeks so perhaps that number may drop again this year. At the end of last year we had 13 and at the beginning of this year 11 then 3 have joined us from other hospitals so there is now 14 second yrs.

Sounds like everyone else is getting sorted with orientations and classes about to begin. Good luck girls and happy studying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack2006 View Post
    I am doing LSB182 and NSB117. I am only part time as I could only get day care for 2 days. I also doubt I would manage with more at this stage.

I am really looking forward to it too. It will be great to just get started and see how it all goes.
    Rachel - I did those 2 subjects for my first semester last year too. To be honest with the kids I found it was all I was able to handle. Bio did not just come naturally to me so I put in quite a bit of study to get a good mark. If you have any questions or need any advice I am more than willing to answer them. I loved 117 (is that lisa wirihana?)

Mel - I will be there for the 225 lecture!! Coffee at 12 or 12:30 sounds great. My tute is on Friday 9-11. I went and met lisa hee(coordinator) yesterday and she seems really nice. I will text you when I get there on Tuesday to let you know where I will be & what I am wearing so you know who I am
    It is my 2nd year at Uni but I am still technically a 1st year student so you and I will pretty much graduate together I think.

I am like a little kid - just so keen to get into it.
    Last edited by 2girls&1boy; 25-02-2011 at 10:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LAdies I am hoping someone here can help me!

I am so so over whelmed and feel like crying and quitting and we havent even started yet..

I had orientation today and start oin Monday..

So I have looking online and can see the lecture notes for each class, the info for tutes, notes etc for skills and pracs..

I have no idea what of that I am supposed to be going through what I am supposed to be printing what I need to complete before class..

I feel like an incompetant idiot and want to quit already. I seriously have no idea what so ever...

Because If I was to print it all it would be about 1000 pages..

I am trying to get organised in advance because Monday is my busiest day I also need to fit expressing in there somewhere..

I dont want to quit but if I cant even figure this out how will I figure everything else out...

Sorry If this is long I am just exhausted and want to bawl..

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh 3boys don't feel silly at all.

If your notes are anything like mine then you will be able to print multiple slides per page. It will be in the print set up somewhere.

I only print out my lecture notes before the lecture and nothing else. There wouldn't I imagine be a great deal to print out for tutes. Any information docs etc I just save to my mac and read them later (very rarely would I print them)

You are just feeling nervous because of the unknown, you will be fine and within a few weeks you will have it sorted I promise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the reassurance...

I havent studied for years.. not for 5 years i think.. So this is all full on..

Hopefully I fall into a good pattern soon and everything doesnt seem too full on..

I need to keep reminding myself why I want this,,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    Thanks so much for the reassurance...

I havent studied for years.. not for 5 years i think.. So this is all full on..

Hopefully I fall into a good pattern soon and everything doesnt seem too full on..

I need to keep reminding myself why I want this,,,
    do not feel silly! I still feel like that and i am about to start my 2nd year at uni As for notes, i found it was good to read them before the lecture, but they usually hand them out at the lecture when you get there.

Feel free to unload some of the stress any time, remember we are all feeling the same way

Thanks
    Reviews
    With us, they had no expectations of us in our first week. You are first years and getting your head around it all can take a little bit of time. By the end of the first week i was rearing to go, but they were still making sure we got it!
    I usually only print lecture notes, and then i work from there to see if i need anything else. Often unit guides etc are printed out by the uni and given out in the first week. Just take your notebook and a copy of the lecture notes with you on your first day and you can't really go wrong. If you don't have something then you can write it down in your notebook.

Trust me- we have all felt that way, but you pick it up really quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2boysNAprincess - I haven't studied in 20 years! I haven't had time to stress yet as I just finished work last week. Next week will be my time to stress!

Paula - great! Want to meet up at that little coffee shop across from the library at 12 noon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mel sounds good. will text you Tuesday morning

Your story and mine are so similar, not sure if we have spoken about this before but we must be around the same age & I hadn't studied for 20 years either until last year!!!!