+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack2006 View Post
    I am off to Uni today and tomorrow for Orientation events! No idea why, but I am even nervous about that! lol

For those that are second year students, how many hours per subject (outside of contact hours) do you think you need to study? I was thinking I could manage 4-5hrs per subject but that is probably not enough is it?

Jack2006 - are you paula??? If not - oops but if you are, I'm Zoe from child care today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and share with you all that... I went to my first birth Such an amazing experience. I was asked if i wanted to deliver the baby, but after a few issues, it was no longer an option and the OB was called in. Still on a high, delivered the placenta, managed the whole 3rd stage, obs and all, gave the IM drugs and vit K for bubby. Ohhh still on such a high! The middie on duty said she is going to write me "the most amazing repot ever" Amazing birth, amazing woman, amazing support, amazing amazing amazing... This is soooooo what i want to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tzjil View Post
    Jack2006 - are you paula??? If not - oops but if you are, I'm Zoe from child care today
    Hi Zoe I am paula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wehe View Post
    Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and share with you all that... I went to my first birth Such an amazing experience. I was asked if i wanted to deliver the baby, but after a few issues, it was no longer an option and the OB was called in. Still on a high, delivered the placenta, managed the whole 3rd stage, obs and all, gave the IM drugs and vit K for bubby. Ohhh still on such a high! The middie on duty said she is going to write me "the most amazing repot ever" Amazing birth, amazing woman, amazing support, amazing amazing amazing... This is soooooo what i want to do
    Congratulations what an amazing experience it sounds. What a feeling to be doing something you truly love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paula and Jack - I'll be at Uni tomorrow but prob just for the compulsory session at 2pm. I'll aim to get there about 1.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone

Its been ages since I posted!!! I've beening checking in, but havn't had the time to post - but today seeing as my boys think 5am is a good time to get up, here I am

Uni is great!!! I think last time I popped in, we'd just be given our hospital - I got Logan and am happy with that. The other teaching hospitals attached to uni are a million miles away (ok not really but around 1hr drive, compared to 30min drive). Well yesterday we had our hospital orientation day - we had a few lectures one on handwashing, a fire one and then a tour of antenatal clinic/ delivery suite (so tiny) and the postnatal ward. GRIFFITH girls - do antenatal admissions go to the postnatalward?
    I was shocked at the delivery suite. It was very small. I knew it wouldn't be huge like the Mater, but wow I was really shocked. Also the postnatal ward - mainly 4bay beds with only 6 single rooms which they reserve for women or babies with health problems / or other issues.
    All the midwives we met were lovely, and I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Today I meet my first COC women for appointments at the hospital. She is seeing a dietitian and then the ob. I'm a little nervous, feel like I'm treading water with not knowing much, but I can't wait - this makes it really feel real.

to all my griffith friends
    to everyone

:-) Talk soon, Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews

Default biol119

Just a question for ACU girls.

I am trying to print off the BIOL119 Lecture slides. Has anyone worked out how to do this. I have gone into the resources to print it out but when I click on the lecture 1, nothing opens up. I also cant print from the Lectures area as they are the recordings. Has anyone worked this out???

Hope you are all going well. Have not met any of you yet. But it's just so busy and you never know who is who!!!

Bach of Mid ACU Briz...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by themelster View Post
    Paula and Jack - I'll be at Uni tomorrow but prob just for the compulsory session at 2pm. I'll aim to get there about 1.30pm.
    Bummer I will have to be back home by then, we will have to meet up next week for sure. I will send a text to you both today to get your timetable & we will get that coffee and introduce ourselves. Have a good time at the compulsory session.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tzjil View Post
    HI everyone

Its been ages since I posted!!! I've beening checking in, but havn't had the time to post - but today seeing as my boys think 5am is a good time to get up, here I am

Uni is great!!! I think last time I popped in, we'd just be given our hospital - I got Logan and am happy with that. The other teaching hospitals attached to uni are a million miles away (ok not really but around 1hr drive, compared to 30min drive). Well yesterday we had our hospital orientation day - we had a few lectures one on handwashing, a fire one and then a tour of antenatal clinic/ delivery suite (so tiny) and the postnatal ward. GRIFFITH girls - do antenatal admissions go to the postnatalward?
    I was shocked at the delivery suite. It was very small. I knew it wouldn't be huge like the Mater, but wow I was really shocked. Also the postnatal ward - mainly 4bay beds with only 6 single rooms which they reserve for women or babies with health problems / or other issues.
    All the midwives we met were lovely, and I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Today I meet my first COC women for appointments at the hospital. She is seeing a dietitian and then the ob. I'm a little nervous, feel like I'm treading water with not knowing much, but I can't wait - this makes it really feel real.

to all my griffith friends
    to everyone

:-) Talk soon, Zoe

Way to go Zoe! Good Luck with the first COC - Pm me how it goes. I'm meeting mine next Friday. Gotta go - off for my TB!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

Well done on your birth Wendy.

Good luck to all of you getting started at uni.

GU girls. Zoe, yes the antenatal admissions go to the maternity ward (2D) but they usually get a single room.

Yeah, the birthing suites are quite small hey....

How did you girls get your CoC that quick.....It took us a couple of weeks til we went out to the clinics to ask. If the midwives are recruiting for you, that is sooo good

Did you all enjoy the orientation day? How many are at Logan because there seemed to be a LOT