+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting excited about starting on Monday.. but also worrying about if i have taken on too much lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there anyone else at NEWCASTLE UNI in the new Mid degree this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Getting excited about starting on Monday.. but also worrying about if i have taken on too much lol..
    Yep, im feeling that too (though i dont start until next monday!) Roller coaster of emotions i think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Tash, it is good to see you

I am sorry you have been through such a hard time, i hope there is much love and light coming your way.

Kirsty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My thoughts exactly! I'm having meltdowns over stupid things like which is the better way to store my notes and unit outlines etc.

I am in desperate need of a chill pill! The unit outlines are freaking me out BIG time too. Really doubting myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't suppose anyone going to QUT at Kelvin Grove knows if there is anything on for orientation this Monday 21st? I have Monday off work and was wondering if there is any point heading up there. I know the workshops etc seem to start on Wed at Kelvin Grove, but was wondering if there are any stalls etc on Monday, from what I can find out there is at Gardens Point, but not sure about Kelvin Grove.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, take a chill pill. I am going to have some drinkies tonight to celebrate. My friends and family have been sooo wonderful and supportive. Then tomorrow night I have a children free night to go out with my husband and wonderful friends for dinner. Will use that as a celebration as well.. mmm..tapas and cocktails... I have monday's and wednesdays off. Not bad for full time. My kids are both in school, so I have 2 full days for study and assignments plus I will do a couple of hours every night after they go to bed. So it definately won't affect them too much. Hoping that should keep me on top of things and won't have to do much weekend study except for exam time... Sooooo excited.....Can't wait for my uniform, will definately prance around the house in it...

Mid2b Acu Bach of mid Banyo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid2b View Post
    Yes, take a chill pill. I am going to have some drinkies tonight to celebrate. My friends and family have been sooo wonderful and supportive. Then tomorrow night I have a children free night to go out with my husband and wonderful friends for dinner. Will use that as a celebration as well.. mmm..tapas and cocktails... I have monday's and wednesdays off. Not bad for full time. My kids are both in school, so I have 2 full days for study and assignments plus I will do a couple of hours every night after they go to bed. So it definately won't affect them too much. Hoping that should keep me on top of things and won't have to do much weekend study except for exam time... Sooooo excited.....Can't wait for my uniform, will definately prance around the house in it...

Mid2b Acu Bach of mid Banyo
    Oh the night out sounds great! Such a good idea. I hope you all have a fantastic time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by narahel View Post
    Is there anyone else at NEWCASTLE UNI in the new Mid degree this year
    Hi there. No, not as far as I recall anyway. But, you are amongst other midi and nurse students and very welcome to hang here with us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack2006 View Post
    I finally found this thread. I was wondering why things went quiet for a few days on the other one.

Tash - Sorry to hear your news. Your ex sound like a bit of a ******* so you are better off without him. Hope the kids are ok too.

NAME: JACK2006 or RACHAEL

UNI: Bachelor of Nursing QUT - 1st YEAR

I will combine part time /full time depending on how the family cope. I am starting with two subjects this semester.

I went to Uni yesterday to get my ID card, have a look around, check out the parking situation etc. I was pretty pleased with what I saw. I think it is going to be a really great university.

i also got my text books too. $315 just for a few books ( I already had one that I needed from my biol course last year and I only got the prescribed and the highly reccomended ones)!! How the hell can I afford this for the next three to six years!! Will have to look at second hand ones next time.

QUT girls - are you going next Wednesday to any of the Orientation events? I will be there on Wednesday most of the day and Thursday for the mandatory one. It might be nice to meet up if you guys want?

Now for the stupid question, what do we have to bring to lectures and tutorials? Do we need the text books or do we use them at home for reference? I am guessing we just bring a lecture pad?

What subjects are you QUT girls doing this semester?
    Hey Rachael,

I was thinking of going in to Uni on Thursday mainly to just pick up a text & see what freebies they are giving away

Mel are you free on Thursday? maybe the 3 of us could catch up then for a coffee?

My subjects this semester are nsb118, nsb225 & nsb122.

Your question is not stupid about what to bring, just your pencils, a highlighter & your lecture or tutorial notes is all you really need. I usually write any notes I need to on the actual slides so I remember what the note related to (especially for bio). I did take a notepad for the tutorials just in case.