+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok then
    Last edited by SunshineMunky; 18-01-2012 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Highly ****ed off by it.. i went to the library after that then left.. what a ridiculous day!
    Welcome to ACU Banyo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok then
    Last edited by SunshineMunky; 18-01-2012 at 12:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finally found this thread. I was wondering why things went quiet for a few days on the other one.

Tash - Sorry to hear your news. Your ex sound like a bit of a ******* so you are better off without him. Hope the kids are ok too.

NAME: JACK2006 or RACHAEL

UNI: Bachelor of Nursing QUT - 1st YEAR

I will combine part time /full time depending on how the family cope. I am starting with two subjects this semester.

I went to Uni yesterday to get my ID card, have a look around, check out the parking situation etc. I was pretty pleased with what I saw. I think it is going to be a really great university.

i also got my text books too. $315 just for a few books ( I already had one that I needed from my biol course last year and I only got the prescribed and the highly reccomended ones)!! How the hell can I afford this for the next three to six years!! Will have to look at second hand ones next time.

QUT girls - are you going next Wednesday to any of the Orientation events? I will be there on Wednesday most of the day and Thursday for the mandatory one. It might be nice to meet up if you guys want?

Now for the stupid question, what do we have to bring to lectures and tutorials? Do we need the text books or do we use them at home for reference? I am guessing we just bring a lecture pad?

What subjects are you QUT girls doing this semester?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid2b View Post
    Chrissy and Col, I was sitting in the second row on the far side of the room. Had a blue dress on and I have brown hair,,,

I am glad that I am not the only one who thought it was a let down yesterday. I would put a complaint in, but I don't want it to affect my grades.
    Well you could tell who i was, I was with the only man lol, he was so embarrassed poor thing, LOL.

I'm going to put the day behind me, as NO ONE!! will stop me from reaching my dream, not even a flustered women who was unprepared. I have been told about Her from 2nd Yrs that her first impression is always bad and most people thinks shes a b***h, BUT I have been told that she is really nice and would do anything for you to help, so lets go into next week with a great attitude and do what we came here for, it's going to the best 3yrs!!!!!!!

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fe540mum View Post
    Well you could tell who i was, I was with the only man lol, he was so embarrassed poor thing, LOL.

I'm going to put the day behind me, as NO ONE!! will stop me from reaching my dream, not even a flustered women who was unprepared. I have been told about Her from 2nd Yrs that her first impression is always bad and most people thinks shes a b***h, BUT I have been told that she is really nice and would do anything for you to help, so lets go into next week with a great attitude and do what we came here for, it's going to the best 3yrs!!!!!!!
    Here here! It's the start of a new chapter for all of us, and I for one am glad to be going into it already knowing people and knowing we are all in this together and can support one another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    Hahaha love this - esp the gonorrhoea comments :lol:

Negative vibes his way for sure!!! At least my kids didnt up and move to daddy to only then have to move away from daddy.... at least this way they know nothing diff than dad lives/works in oz and we live in nz!
    That's so true.

Tash even though you're studying in NZ, you're more than welcome to chat in this thread with us - you are one of us after all + it would be great for us to hear all your midi stories fresh from NZ!

One of my favourite mentor midwives is moving back to NZ....our loss, your gain Tash I have found the direct entry NZ and UK midi's have been lovely and supportive of us and our BMid programme.

Alexwp is offline Proud to be a Midwife in training
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Stage name: Alexwp Real name: Alex

University: Flinders Uni SA

Degree: Bachelor of Midwifery (full time) - 2nd year

Due to be completed: 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexwp View Post
    Stage name: Alexwp Real name: Alex

University: Flinders Uni SA

Degree: Bachelor of Midwifery (full time) - 2nd year

Due to be completed: 2012
    Hey Alex
    I know who you are irl (i was the lady with a baby on tuesday - but i go by esther on bh)

woohoo we start uni next friday (and of course, it clashes with one of my antenatal apts grr).

Why do all my women seem to book their apts at the same time *throws tantrum* [not their fault, i know]. but i have to be at two diff apts at the same time on friday mornings - about 40-50km away from each other...oops?

Alexwp is offline Proud to be a Midwife in training
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there 'Esther'
    What is on at uni next friday??? Ive got 2 antenatals that day..My first class is on the 29th..

still cant wait though.. Im hanging out for the topic details to come out on monday so i can see when all the assessments are due..

Blessings
    A