+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mid2b Me and Colleen were probably sitting right near you lol.

Just got two more textbooks secondhand - Psychology for Health Professionals and Research Methods in Health, which is one we need for second semester apparently.

WW I was a bit annoyed when she said that about textbooks too as I have already spent heaps. Especially as the list of text books that the Co-Op Bookshop has for the mid subject is wrong - the list given in the unit outline on blackboard is different. But I figure it is probably an investment in my study and the books I have bought will come in handy.

Early yesterday morning my cousin gave birth to her baby boy at 24 weeks He is doing ok I have heard and when he was born he cried and was moving around so that is a good sign. But what a rocky road they have ahead of them. I just pray he keeps fighting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey even with HECS, What upfront fees did you all have to pay, Im confused about what i have to pay and when i try to call i left waiting on the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemythreechildren View Post
    Hey even with HECS, What upfront fees did you all have to pay, Im confused about what i have to pay and when i try to call i left waiting on the phone.

There arnt any except books and stationary..i dont think???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some have mentioned we also need our own stethoscope, I'm going to get one before placement anyway and practice on the kids! And one of those little bumbags may be useful? And I don't think nursing students at VU need to have a first aid course, more the mid students.

I did get an Access Scholarship through VU, I think it's worth about $1000pa which will help immensely. Applications have closed as far as I know, but you can keep an eye out for when they open again around August (you can apply for any year of your study and I think ALL unis have the Access ones). External ones are available year round but some have tough criteria, worth it though as they can be valued at up to $5000pa.

Those getting Austudy can apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship through Centrelink.
    Last edited by 6butterflies; 17-02-2011 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know all those things and i have most of it already and yes we do need our first aid in Nursing, Which i have through work, They payed for my immunisation as well. Im not concerned about paying things DH works and we will be fine but i have an enrolment offer(receipt) its just a little confusing but ill just take it into the campus near my home and ask them what its all about. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Tashplus2

I FOUND TASHPLUS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunatley her news she asked me to share with you isnt as exciting or positive.
    She came over to OZ from NZ last year in december to see her partner and find a house to move into with her girls so she could continue her midwifery training over here... only to find when she got off the plane that her partner had another girl pregnant!

Suffice to say she isnt moving to OZ at this stage. But she said to tell everyone she is well and happy with the situation now.

So everyone mentally send Tash your best wishes and send her cheating boyfriend gonorea!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thats a shame her DP was a cheater and i totally agree with wishing gonorea on him that made me lol. I hope she still gets her study done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwoangels View Post
    I FOUND TASHPLUS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunatley her news she asked me to share with you isnt as exciting or positive.
    She came over to OZ from NZ last year in december to see her partner and find a house to move into with her girls so she could continue her midwifery training over here... only to find when she got off the plane that her partner had another girl pregnant!

Suffice to say she isnt moving to OZ at this stage. But she said to tell everyone she is well and happy with the situation now.

So everyone mentally send Tash your best wishes and send her cheating boyfriend gonorea!!!
    That is awful news. Glad she found out before moving here. Sending drongo boyfriend mental negativities! Obviously Tash is TOO GOOD for him!

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG poor Tash. What a lowlife for a boyfriend. I am glad she is feeling ok about it now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a jerk.. hopefully Tash can carrry on her studies in NZ then. "hugs" Tash..