+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default o-week

so "o-week" for griffith uni is next week and i am extremely UNDERwhelmed by the things they have planned. There are two mandatory days i have to go to but there is absolutely nothing else published about any campus wide events at logan.
    Are we the campus they forgot or does griffith organise nothing for all its campuses for o-week?
    When i went to UNE o-week was massive!! a full week of events and freebies and even bands.
    come of griffith wheres the welcome wagon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    O week isnt anything exciting at ACU. The guy doing his thing with the guitar was pretty good at lunch time though. It was lovely to meet Tez and Natasha, hope to see you around. Dont forget to call or text me if you need anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwifeipswich View Post
    Might be just Logan campus? How big is it compared to Gold Coast/Nathan? UQ really has nothing on at Ipswich apart from a 2 hour welcome session, a free bbq and a couple of free stands..... whereas at the St Lucia campus it's party town for the entire week (can get a years supply of pens from all the stalls!). Mind you there's only 4 degrees offered at Ipswich, with everything else being based at St Lucia so its understandable
    Yeah it is a small campus compared to the GC/ nathan campuses but it has a surprising amount of students there. Dont think they should forget us just because we are the newest and smallest campus. It'll be nice if they pick up even half the perks the students at Nathan and GC. Gym, uni-bar, more events. we're kinds stuck out in the middle of nowhere and dont get me wrong its nice that is is virtually impossible to get lost at Logan campus cos there are only about 5 buildings. Never know they might surprise me and have stalls etc next week when i have to be there but i wont hold my breath.

i know i have asked before but has anyone in BMid at Griffith heard from Tash or anyone in the course called tash? what happened to Tashplus2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Highly ****ed off by it.. i went to the library after that then left.. what a ridiculous day!

Where were you sitting Mid2be & Chrissy?
    Yep totally agree. Not as much information as I hoped we'd get on the day. I was on the far side of the room when you walk through the door. Red head wearing green top and jeans. Was sitting close to the girl that asked if she should resit biology after doing it 8 months ago. Sorry but if I'd sat it 8 months ago no way in hell you'd see me sitting it again.

I stayed for the class on non school leavers which ended up being cancelled with no-one letting us know. Ended up in another class about managing studying and stress etc which was good. Got to meet a few part-time midwifery students. I was starting to think there weren't many of us doing part-time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First page blunders, and omissions : )

Attention ladies......
    If your name is not on the first page, and you would like it to be, please pm me with your details. It would appear that i have missed some, but it is very hard to pick them back out of all the other posts!
    Sorry to those i have missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwoangels View Post
    i know i have asked before but has anyone in BMid at Griffith heard from Tash or anyone in the course called tash? what happened to Tashplus2?
    No. The programme convenor asked for show of hands for people from 'new' places on our 1st day - "Is there a student from NZ here?" No reply, so she said perhaps she'd changed her mind and there was no Tash the whole 2 week intensive. I wondered too because she was so excited at getting her place...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Highly ****ed off by it.. i went to the library after that then left.. what a ridiculous day!

Where were you sitting Mid2be & Chrissy?

Didnt find out anything i didnt already no... was so not happy about the mid info sesh! cannot beileve how rude the lady was, if she didnt have time to talk about theplacement then they should have scheduled someone else.

The ONLY useful thing that i went to today was the acedemic writting and referenceing... was a waitse of fuel money and time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butimacheerleader View Post
    O week isnt anything exciting at ACU. The guy doing his thing with the guitar was pretty good at lunch time though. It was lovely to meet Tez and Natasha, hope to see you around. Dont forget to call or text me if you need anything.
    It was so nice to meet you and thank you so much for your tour
    I'll def have more questions, in fact you'll probably get sick of them

We got a snag and free drink today at o day. Was a band and we got a free diary

Nothing exciting but it was fine.

Could have definitely had more info on the day though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    I had my tutorial registration today.. I was ready and waiting with 4 diff timetables id be happy with..

I had the page ready to go and just kept refreshing and thankfully..

I GOT INTO ALL THE TIMES I WANTED!! My first preferance ones!
    PHEW!

So I have my classes down to 11-6 Monday, 8-4 On Tuesday (some days 10 prac is only every few weeks) and Friday 8-10.. SO im virtually only going 2 days a week! Not too bad for full time..
    Wooo hooo, well done, i bet that is quite a bit off your mind

Bon4 is offline These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep was very disappointed with orientation at ACU today, especially the mid session which was too short and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Also, with the TB it turns out that we can do the session in July - Gail made a mistake when she said we need it asap.

I feel like it was a waste of time going today, and am a bit peed off because DH got the day off work to look after the kids so I could leave early to get down there, so that's a days pay gone and it wasn't even worth it Oh well at least I got my free diary lol.

Anyone else wondering what on earth they are going to say when we get asked why we want to be midwives? Can't say because we like babies or because we had a nice midwife when we had our own kids, apparently.