+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for sharing your story Wendy. That is quite a journey, but what a wonderful ending. I can only imagine how excited you must be feeling! I love how your mum was involved in the donor search, that is just gorgeous.

It is lovely to hear such positive stories right here in Perth, I'm glad you got such a great service from Concept. I really wish we could stay here and have treatment, but I just don't know if i could handle the wait time for donor sperm. Im already feeling impatient and I have only just starting researching our options. I suspect I have a lot to learn about patience and TTC :-). I was interested to hear how you went to IVF from IUI. I have been reading up on the differences, stats ect. Im thinking that if we are able to access the medicare rebate we might go straight to IVF. Especially as at this stage we are planning to travel to QLD for treatment.

Massive Congratulations Wendy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kt82

Thanks KT

I understand the feeling of impatience! What I did was utilise the first compulsory 'cooling off period' and get some things checked out. I had a laproscopy done to make sure there wasn't anything that needed to be dealt with and that all was healthy on the inside. Fortunately it was, but I do know people who went through many IUI attemps and IVF only to find out that there were medical reasons why they weren't falling pregnant and THEN have to deal with them.

All I can say is that despite the lengthy journey... the challenges that came my way... I was really lucky. Once I had the opportunity to try getting pregnant, it happened really quickly (especially given my age).

Do what feels right for you, but yes... patience will be needed... whatever path you choose to take.

Wishing you the best of luck!
    -W

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lizzydarling, KT82, Redframes and everyone else! What a great thread. At some point we should all catch up for a coffee (decafe in my case), milkshake, or whatever else it is you drink these days since the baby journey has begun!

Lizzy when do you two arrive in Perth, are you here yet?

It would be great to meet some of you in person.

Jenny

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over the moon and now confused

Hi

we have just found out we are pregnant today :-) woo hoo

It all happened a lot sooner than expected.

We are now making decisions about obstetricians and where to have our baby and would love any assistance or perspectives that any one could offer.

At the moment we are tossing up between St. John of god subi and mercy in mt lawley but we are not sure of the reception we would get at these hospitals. Our friends who have birthed at these places have all been hetero.

Any views would've really appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    We've had both our girls delivered at Mercy (2011 and 2013), and it has been a wonderful welcoming both times. We had a private room each time. The midwives were amazingly nice. It was a fantastic experience.

MMTB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MMTB

Did you use the same OB for both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Yes, we saw Dr Vincent Lee, who consults from Mercy. We've been very happy with him too. Call early, as sometimes they stop taking new patients.
    Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
    MMTB

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi. Mums and mums to be! My partner and I are the proud mothers of a 7 week old baby boy! All is going well, so far so good. Bubba was born at Armadale and we had all of our antenatal and postnatal care with an independant midwife who is medicare eligible so some of the cost is paid back. All of our appointments were at home and the birth too if we wanted. We had fantastic care cannot rave about it enough. Hopefully will get to meet you all at the playgroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny,

So sorry for replying so late. I am still awaiting my visa

I estimate i will be in perth at the end of November but Anna will be there sep as she is due on 12th dec.

How are you getting on?

Will be great to meet in person when I finally get there!

Bye for now!

Lizzy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my name is Nat am a single mamma to my little girl would love to get to know some other mamma's wit kiddies I am NOR but can always travel