+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation Confusion

Hi All,

I'm currently taking clomid to help increase progesterone levels. I am currently on my 3rd cycle. I use a maybe baby to pinpoint ovulation as well as the normal cervical mucus. However, this month I have been all over the place. Can someone help me work out what's going on? I go back to my gyno soon.
    Days 5 to 9- Clomid 50mgs
    Day 10- Ovulation
    Day 11- no ovulation
    Day 12- Ovulation
    Days 13-14- no ovulation
    Day 15- Ovulation
    Days 16-17- no ovulation
    Day 18- Ovulating (current)

Can anyone please tell me what is going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are you charting by any chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have you used maybe baby in other months? seems really weird that you would have four indications of ovulation. I have had two before as i know i released two eggs 3 days apart one month (twins) so that explains a second surge, especially if you are on meds but not a third and a fourth.
    to be honest i did not find maybe baby very helpful. are you sure you are reading the ferns right? maybe try OPKs as well as maybe baby next time?

i am no help! sorry tried to be! lol.
    to you good luck!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Yes i've been charting the past 12 months. Never had this many surges. Have found the maybe baby to be right in the past few months as I have cervical mucus at the same time. As much as I want a baby I am hoping that four surges does not equal quads...Any idea why I ovulated early. Normally i ovulate between days 13 and 15. Thanks for your replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I recommend you chart your bbt (temps) same time each morning before you get out of bed and also chart your CM. Perhaps try the urine opk's have heard they are much better than maybe babies.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i agree, maybe babys are known to be extremely unreliable.

i would use opks (first response ones are great), CM, and body temps.

u are apparently meant to ovulate on the last day of your eggwhite mucus. so as soon as you get the first sign of that, id be shagging til the CM dries up.

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
    i agree, maybe babys are known to be extremely unreliable.

i would use opks (first response ones are great), CM, and body temps.

u are apparently meant to ovulate on the last day of your eggwhite mucus. so as soon as you get the first sign of that, id be shagging til the CM dries up.

good luck!
    I agree with this, opks and bbt and cm will give you a clear idea as to what your body is doing. I highly recommend www.fertilityfriend.com

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Clomid apparently causes drier cervical mucous so just bear that in mind when you are checking your cm. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some advise. i went off the pill 2 years ago and it took me 4 months to get a period. I had been on the pill for close to 11 years. My husband and i thought we would start trying. We didn't use anything to work out when i was ovualting we just started to have sex more frequently through day 11 to day 15. My cycles are between 26 - 30 days but most of the time they are 28 day cylce.

This month was the first time after a year i thought i would start to use the ovualtion strips to measure the LH. I started measuring on day 11 and i'm up to day 18 and there has not been a LH surge. I have done it the same time each evening around 7pm and not drank anything for 2 hours prior. Could that mean i'm not ovulating. Can someone give me some advise on what to do?