+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im crashing in here

Im not a step mum, but my kids have one.. I seriously hope I have never made her feel like some of you ladies have been made to feel
    Some of these ladies sound...ummm.... interesting ...?

Hugs to you all!!

Ill go now hahaha!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (11-02-2011),brizbabe71  (24-04-2011),brydz  (05-03-2012),Hopefullyamumma  (11-02-2011),HowCrazyCool  (10-02-2011),nuttamum  (15-02-2011),RipperRita  (13-02-2011),soccer mum  (20-01-2015),TurnedBatty  (10-02-2011),Ulysses  (11-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    Im crashing in here

Im not a step mum, but my kids have one.. I seriously hope I have never made her feel like some of you ladies have been made to feel
    Some of these ladies sound...ummm.... interesting ...?

Hugs to you all!!

Ill go now hahaha!
    Dont worry, these mums are the minority I used to be one, until I became a stepmum myself. Feel bad for my sons stepmum now! Unfortunately, because we got stuck with the bad ones, we need to let off steam on occasion. Majority are good, but hey, as you said atleast these BM'S are 'interesting' right? lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TurnedBatty For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If partner has gone to work and you say anything to step child while he is gone e.g. Please don't put your brother (11mths) on the bed and walk away he could hurt himself or what would you like for lunch. The child I's always right and your mean and never feed them. Things always happen the way the child said and you must be lying seeing as they are so upset.

If they don't complete their homework you are pushing them to hard then your own kids. By encouraging them to have a go and not telling them the answer your pushy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flick82 For This Useful Post:

TurnedBatty  (11-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and how could I forget -

As a step-mum you have no right to be worried or feel concern when your step-child is sick. Should they take ill, it is nothing to do with you and you don't need to be notified. Should their illness put them in hospital, you *might* be allowed to visit. But only for half an hour.. And it will be made as uncomfortable as possible for you. But DP can stay for a few hours if he likes. Because, you know, its his son. But step-father can be there all the time, as it's also his son.

And as a carry on to that rule;

If step child has an accident whilst in your care, or has a scratch on their leg when they get home from being with you for the day, you will be scrutinised. If you don't mention it to BM immediately, you will be called as soon as it has been discovered (even if that is the next day, and even if you knew nothing about it as step-child never mentioned it).
    However, you shouldn't DARE ask about the burns on your step-childs fingers/the bruise on their arm/the scar on their back.

And if you ever try to implement any rules with step-child you will be completely undermined. For example. If you tell grandma that it is not okay to feed a 2 year old; nuggets and chips from the chippy (you know the deep friend oil filled ones that come wrapped in see-through butchers paper because of the copious amounts of oil); two icy poles; mini chocolate muffins; an unhealthy version of two minute noodles; a can of coke () and as much juice as they like.. oh and lets not forget any lollies and chocolates that they want; for lunch, you will be ignored. Especially if you say you have already made lunch for them at home. Besides. It's not unhealthy at all.

It's not okay to be right about anything, and if you are, the fact will be ignored. And if you point it out, you will be told that it would have happened anyway, regardless of what you said.

Don't make any plans for a special day for you, your partner and step-child. It's very likely that you will be called the morning of to be told that you are not allowed to have your step-child that day. Especially if you warn BM about it beforehand.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefullyamumma For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (11-02-2011)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Never expect to be praised for your work as a step parent. You will need to listen to the mother & father of the child talk about what they have sacrficied & gone through however the step parent has no boasting or complaining privileges for their part in the upbringing of the child. After all there is a mothers day & a fathers day where we celebrate theses two roles but there is NO step parents day hence we do not deserve to be praised or thanked.

Expect there to be many people who feel sorry for your step child not having their father in their life as much as other children but no sympathy for your children who want to know why daddy can't play with them today because he has to make up for lost time with his other child.

Let go of any hopes of letting your baby sleep when they need to, you need to be on call for pick up & drop offs for your step Childs extra curricular activities & no these cannot be changed to accommodate your new baby that happens to sleep during these times - the BM has to do & so should you . However revert back to previous rules where you have no parental rights & should realize you are not the parent I.e sacrifice everything just
    Ike a parent but forget about being recognized as one, how dare you even think you compare.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Backflip  (26-02-2011)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    God, we do have it tough don,t we ladies.

Big to you all......we are unsung heroes in my opinion. We are scapegoats & we are often shoved to the side while everyone else gets what they need. For anyone who wants to criticize us I would like them to stand a day in our shoes....imagine if the BM!s had to look after our kids every second week & never complain.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

~Gracie'sMummy~  (25-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    Never expect to be praised for your work as a step parent. You will need to listen to the mother & father of the child talk about what they have sacrficied & gone through however the step parent has no boasting or complaining privileges for their part in the upbringing of the child. After all there is a mothers day & a fathers day where we celebrate theses two roles but there is NO step parents day hence we do not deserve to be praised or thanked.

Expect there to be many people who feel sorry for your step child not having their father in their life as much as other children but no sympathy for your children who want to know why daddy can't play with them today because he has to make up for lost time with his other child.

Let go of any hopes of letting your baby sleep when they need to, you need to be on call for pick up & drop offs for your step Childs extra curricular activities & no these cannot be changed to accommodate your new baby that happens to sleep during these times - the BM has to do & so should you . However revert back to previous rules where you have no parental rights & should realize you are not the parent I.e sacrifice everything just
    Ike a parent but forget about being recognized as one, how dare you even think you compare.
    So true...so so true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have no right to attend any sporting events at school, help within classroom, go to parent teacher...even if bio mum has never set a foot in the school!!

Even though you have DSS every weekend and all holidays and you pick him up and drop him off almost 2 hours away you have no right to tell centrelink... in case her $$$ goes down...

Girls after reading these I realise how lucky I am now...it wasn't always like this I used to be able to relate to 99% of all posts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jen023 For This Useful Post:

MummyCharmzy  (27-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnedBatty View Post
    life. I just find it a little sad this thread has already been talked about in a not so nice way, because god forbid we should ever actually need to blow off steam and vent. When I read rules in other areas, I often think that it cant be that bad and what a bunch of whingers, but I also understand that I cant possibly understand what they are going through, or that they are just venting and dont think like this 24/7. Think I might see about moving this into our private area. Sad that everyone else can have their rules and not be made to feel bad about what they wrote, and we still cant be given even that. And people wonder why we are bitter?
    This.
    I found what was said in the other area inflamatory and disgusting!!
    Last edited by zombiekitty; 12-02-2011 at 07:32.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

TurnedBatty  (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People! I wanna gossip too!!! Who said what where??? I am blind!