+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, TB i woul have kept going but Dh came & started talking to me so I was preoccupied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 and #3 are sooooo true!

Ummm....

16. Leave the discipline to the natural parent. Even if this means the child walks all over you (note- I completely ignore this rule)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmysmummy For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (08-02-2011)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    16. Remember to be empathetic to the bm when she breaks down & confesses to your husband/parnter that she still has unresolved feelings for him - you should be grateful to her for letting you have him.

17. Be on call 24/7 - do not, I repeat do not have a life of your own you may not be available for babysitting.

18. Forget about yourself, your own feelings & any issues you have - life is no longer about you it is about the children.

19. Remember that you cannot feel resentment about having to work & give up being a SAHM so that you can afford to pay child support - to complain about this only proves you do not love your step children.

20. Get excited when asked to attend events where you, your partner & the bm will all get to spend time together, after all getting to know each other is enjoyable & not awkward at all.

21. For every picture yuo have of your own child you MUST have an equal number of pictures of your stepchild, baby photos of your first born are not an exception.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 08-02-2011 at 21:03.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (08-02-2011),KimInMellie  (08-02-2011),Koop09  (29-07-2012),Lemmings  (10-02-2011),Lettabean  (27-07-2011),Summer  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    22. Do not feel resentment if the opposite happens, where you cant work and have to be a SAHM that actually stays at home ALLLLLL the time when the stepkids are there

23. You must first check with the stepkids schedules before arranging anything for yourself.

24. Dont ever forget that your stepchilds half-siblings at BM's will always count for more and be more important then any half siblings at their dads, step-siblings are counted even lower.

24. Remember that your job is to support your husbands relationship with his kids from a previous relationship. This includes doing the cleaning, driving, school trips, doctors visits etc anything that makes his life easier so he has more time to focus on them. And no, the same doesnt go for your kids from a previous relationship.

Your last one was awesome! Had to cull photos because I didnt have enough of ss.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TurnedBatty For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (10-02-2011),raffee  (11-02-2011),Summer  (04-04-2016),Ulysses  (09-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg wicket you are kidding!! (about her feelings for dh). Wow, that, wow, I would sooo freak out and smack her

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did get the picture comment in my home!!!

macncheese is offline "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it." Author Unknown
    Thanks
    Reviews
    25. You or DH cannot go to the toilet in case ex calls otherwise it will get marked as a no call for the week in the "folder"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macncheese For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (09-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnedBatty View Post
    24. Dont ever forget that your stepchilds half-siblings at BM's will always count for more and be more important then any half siblings at their dads, step-siblings are counted even lower..
    love them all, but this one really struck me..sd has a half brother on her mums side & of course every effort has to be made to keep them together & not apart for too long but the same is not said for my dd...its really not nice as they are both equally related.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

nuttamum  (15-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    Omg wicket you are kidding!! (about her feelings for dh). Wow, that, wow, I would sooo freak out and smack her
    nicky, yes this did happen to me a number of times she would call & breakdown & i found out about a time where she asked him if he was happy with me & if he would come back to her...this was after she broke up with her boyfriend at the time & couldnt find anyone else so i guess my dh (was my boyfriend at the time) was lamb for the slaughter. Anyway it wasnt good, there were text messages that i found between the two of them & i nearly left him because of the whole thing. i was just so angry that she felt it was ok to try to break us up because she was lonely & it took along time for me to trust dh again.Don't worry, i let her know i knew, infact i told her exactly what i thought of her, i dont think we will ever get over the whole thing really, another reason why its all so difficult for step mums having an ex of your partner in your life is not natural in my opinion. Oh well, sorry for the rant on the rules page but just wanted to explain as i am sure not all bm,s do this but mine used to..

Thanks
    Reviews
    26. Continue to be nice to the ex even though she has treated you like a lower class citizen for years and refused to acknowledge you exist, Quote "I'm not discussing it with her here, we're the parents!"

My DH wanted to have a serious chat to his ex about her making things difficult and she turned around and told him she still loved him, I loved his response "what we had is way over, and this talk is not what this is about!" she had the hide to say this whilst I was standing 10mtrs away whilst occuping her children hahahaha!!!! Oh he made sure he told me when we were driving away because I'm not sure what I wld've said because I was fuming!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to poppyseed For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (09-02-2011)