+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess that rule #3245- expect to be "evil step mum" as no amount of effort you put in will be recognized (initially...maybe when the step kids become adults they will.... If we're still around).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by designertaste View Post
    I just "love" it when SS comes to our place all annoyed and ignores me and is needy to his dad because BM spent the last week telling SS that I'm a bad person who is taking his dad away from him. We then have to spend the first 2 days deprograming him only for it to happen again next time. I guess I now know where "evil step mother" came from.
    Sooooo wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by designertaste View Post
    I just "love" it when SS comes to our place all annoyed and ignores me and is needy to his dad because BM spent the last week telling SS that I'm a bad person who is taking his dad away from him. We then have to spend the first 2 days deprograming him only for it to happen again next time. I guess I now know where "evil step mother" came from.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

theonlywayisjessx  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread made me giggle glad I'm not alone. I was beginning to think I was a horrible person for disliking BM for making our lives stressfull

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    11. Make sure you don't do anything with your own kids that you haven't done with the step kids otherwise you will be favoring your own children.

12. Don't forget to treat the step kids as your own but remember you are not the real parent so don't think you have any parental rights.

13. Step parents should never complain about the step child, this only allowed to be done by the birth parents as they have the right to be annoyed by their child but a step parent does not.

14. Forget every natural instinct to want to enjoy things for the first time with your husband as he will have already done everything before he met you. Oh, you should also be happy about this because you get to enjoy time with his child as compensation.

15. Learn to enjoy dealing with his ex wife, this is a character building experience & you should appreciate the personal growth this has a brought into your life.

Ah #12 so true! I like to say I have all the responsibility of being a parent to SS but have no right to an opinion about parenting him.

There's a hierarchy in our blended family BM, BM Boyfriend, my DP (bio father) then SS much older brother, then, on a good day, me.

It's a tough gig!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read through all of this. So glad I'm not alone!