+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Yep, can totally relate to this one! My husband's daughters are 17 and 15. We have been married almost 6 years and I have never received a birthday or Christmas present from them!
    siansmum - at least we are not alone. That is really terrible isnt it - sometimes i am tempted to see what happens if i forget her birthday. If it happens again next year i am going to say something to her - she needs to understand how it effects me. Same for mothers day - its just a nice gesture for them to think of us on mothers day, afterall we have to sacrifice things just like a mum does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must admit that I actually don't want a gift from them on Mother's Day as I have my own two children who give me beautiful cards and gifts, and so getting a gift from my husband's daughters would make me feel very uncomfortable. Mother's Day is a special day that I just want to share with my children.
    However, a small gift on my birthday and on Christmas Day would be nice. I've never claimed to be the girls' mum (they have a mum who I don't get along with, but that's another story), but I would see them giving me a gift on my birthday and on Christmas Day as a thank you for all I do for them. Bit hard to stomach them giving their dad a present on Christmas Day every year in
    front of me and nothing for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default wow

can i just say what a mixed pleasure it's been reading this entire thread. i say mixed because i'm so glad i'm not the only one but at the same time i wish no one had to go through all this- I have one DD (8 y.o) from a prev r/ship and 2 s-kids aged 7 and 9- DH and I have been together since kids were 2,3,4. i love my step kids, but their BM is a constant thorn in my side. when I say thorn, it's about a foot long and it's just the level of being in my side that varies- but it's always there. whatever i say to the kids, it's always wrong. even asking them to be more respectful to their father is wrong. treating them for massive headlice infestation (that she was told about and ignored)- wrong. giving them panadol for fevers- wrong. being upset with her for TWICE trying to get DH back in the first few months of our r/ship is also apparently wrong. BM's new DH is more important that BD. BM's new kid is more important than all of us. BM's new kid even takes precedence, making them miss their activities CONSTANTLY because she is just too tired/over it. We've offered to take them but apparently BM finds making a phone call/sms too hard too. **rant over**
    basically, you ladies have made my day- not alone yay!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!! Wonderful BM's and SM's of this thread. I think I was nearly wetting my pants from laughing so hard at one point.

I am both a BM and a SM and totally relate to all of this.

I am SM to a beautiful 3 and a half year old, and have been step mummy to her since she was 7 months old and all of the above 'rules' are just so spot on.

Hugs to all of you for making my day. Please keep this thread alive! xox
    Last edited by Kyls79; 18-08-2012 at 01:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kyls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kyls- sounds like we have to contend with very similar BM's!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so i get told all the time "hes not child he has a mother its not your problem" EXCEPT for today when she wanted her own way.

she got death by text msg, turned my phone and let her deal with it.

why cant we all just get along.

my dp asked me if i would be ok with my dss when we got together and of course i said yes. who knew it wasnt all roses and fun times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do not complain about having to pay CS when your DP does not ever get to see the child(ren) just pay up and shut up, the BM has every right to not let your DP see his kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why isn't life easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Why isn't life easy
    I feel the same today BUT BM doesn't know I have a stubborn nature & won't back down:-)