+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also any man in step child's life will always be more important and let to make more decisions than birth father. Any decisions on school etc will be made by birth mother and her new partner rather than consulting dad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettabean For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And lastly birth mothers new partner of one year will always have more say in child's life than birth fathers wife who has been involved in child's life for 7 years and has alway loved her as her own and has helped birth mother when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wait one more. If step mum loves the child as her own she is automatically trying to take birth mothers place. If she doesn't love her the same as her own she obviously hates the child and wants to get rid of her. If she creates a room for step child at her house and decorates it it's because she is trying to steal her from her mother not just because she doesn't want said child to feel excluded from her household and wants her to feel a part of her house too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettabean For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lettabean maybe we share the same stepchild, your story sounds familiar:-)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lettabean & our brady bunch - we have a social group for step mums - not sure how to send you an invite, but maybe somebody else knows.

Another rule - step mum will always remind child of the fathers birthday & ensure a present & card are prepared but the same doesnt apply to the step mum - she is not the real parent so why should she get a birthday present even though she most likely organises stepchilds present, party & birthday activities while in her home.

Can anyone tell i didnt get anything for my birthday from dsd - not happy Jan.....she is 13 so she is old enough to know better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread gives me a chance to vent a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't ever refer to yourself and husband having two kids between us as it makes it sound like you are trying to take mothers place. You can't win! I love my step daughter and have been around for 7 years since she was 2 so she is like mine too. If I treated her and my biological differently i would be the wicked step mum but cause i treat them the same I am trying I take over her mothers place. Can't fricken win!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lettabean I say that all the time to everyone, I don't even care who thinks what anymore, I'm even happy to say my SD is my FAVOURITE baby coz I didn't have to be pregnant with her, I bet her momma likes that;-P

Thanks
    Reviews
    That line is awesome!! Will def have to keep that one in the memory bank!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    Lettabean & our brady bunch - we have a social group for step mums - not sure how to send you an invite, but maybe somebody else knows.
    Another rule - step mum will always remind child of the fathers birthday & ensure a present & card are prepared but the same
    doesnt apply to the step mum - she is not the real parent so why should she get a birthday present even though she most
    likely organises stepchilds present, party & birthday activities while in her home.

Can anyone tell i didnt get anything for my birthday from dsd - not happy Jan.....she is 13 so she is old enough to know better.
    Yep, can totally relate to this one! My husband's daughters are 17 and 15. We have been married almost 6 years and I have never received a birthday or Christmas present from them!