+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie81 View Post
    Are any of you religious? Is this only a fear of atheists? I wish I had a concrete belief. I was brought up by atheists so have very little knowledge of faith
    I grew up in a Christian home and still hold MANY of their beliefs dear to me. I will be bringing my kids up in a Christian home no matter what. They are not afraid of death. In fact they sort of in a way welcome it becaus they believe there will be something much better there although nobody likes the idea of leaving their families. I guess that's why they try so hard to get other people they love to turn to faith x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a fear of dying but a fear of going crazy! Apparently with panic attacks its usually fear of death or insanity. When I have panic attacks the overwhelming fear is that ill lose my mind and never regain it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is nice to know I'm not alone but I'm sorry others have feel this pain it makes life so hard to enjoy and what makes it worse is they know very little about this and no one can understand and it horrible the worse feeling ever when you start to think about it then comes the panic attack and around and around you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to have this phobia... My whole childhood was consumed by night time panic attacks about dying and the nothingness, and the pointlessness of life if we are all just going to die anyway. It started at about 10 years old and lasted until I got treatment for (seemingly unrelated) PND when I was 21.... I didn't think my PND/anxiety treatment would have any impact but the antidepressants, and sleeping tablets helped me kick the phobia without ever specifically trying too (I was more concerned about my germ phobia and OCD)....... What this proved to me was that for me it was certainly a chemical imbalance that created and sustained this phobia.