+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy success stories

Hello,
    we have been trying for children for over 2 years now with several heartbreaking miscarriages and 2 ivf egg collections.
    My last egg collection was more of a success than the first... With 16 follies, and after 2 days 10 fertilised and suitable for freezing.
    We transferred a fresh embaby but I developed a couple of nasty infections which caused yet another miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. After so many tries and so many heartbreaks, we've started to consider the surrogacy option.
    I have no siblings and would love a family of my own, but now I am 37, my options are starting to run out. My partner is from the UK and his family are not around either. We would both live a child to make us a family.
    Wondering if there are any positive surro stories out there to inspire me to begin my search for a surrogate angel.
    I am ready to start looking but feel very wary about it all.
    Having a child means so much to me and I am looking for a very special person (in Perth preferably) who would be willing to help.
    Any positive stories, offers of advice or info would be so very much appreciated. Thank you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you going to look at GS? (gestational surrogacy) Or are you looking at TS? (traditional surrogacy).

Just if your looking at GS and using the remaining embies you have I hate to be the bearer of bad news. In Australia you would need to do many more transfers before an ethics committee would allow you to even think about doing GS.

I'm not sure about where our laws stand on exporting/taking embies over seas.

If you have an incomplete or no uterus there is normally more lead way but not sure that infections would cut this in the ethics committee's eyes. Obviously risk of maternal health is considered.

I'll also PM you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jackie, thanks for the reply. I am still learning how to use this website. Not sure I can find the PM box. Will keep looking.
    I probably will go for another couple of frozen transfers but I've had quite a few transfers now which have all ended up the same way. Infections. The main being GroupB strep which is nasty to babies. I also have mthfr gene mutation which causes thick blood and recurring miscarriage. So the outlook isn't great for me. I guess if my options run completely out, I will perhaps look at sending our embies to India. The options here in Australia aren't that great. The laws and restrictions make things do difficult.
    I would even consider adoption but the wait list is over 5years now.
    Anyway any info at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you so so much.
    Jx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default surrogacy

Hi
    We are from UK and were unable to find Egg Donor or surrogate in the UK and then opted for India. We had 5 IVF failed treatments. 12 years of misery and heartache

We have two children through surrogacy abroad.

The Clinics are helpful and understand what we are going through.

We can tell you more of our story

google bobby and nikki to read our story

Best of luck in what you do

Thanks
    Reviews
    The message I sent you should have come through as an email that you used when joining here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    My husband and I had success working with a surrogate in the US. Let me know if you have considered this option and have any questions. I'm also in Perth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Corine, Just wondering How it Works in the U.S,. Is it the same Procedure & Requirements in Australia?!? Also How Expensive is it to Do the Process Overseas?!? Thanks heaps for Any Helpful Tips/Advice :-) Appreciate it..!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Send me a private msg with your e'mail address and I'll fwd you all the information. In short though there is alot more flexibility and opportunity in the US (than here in Aus) and the process is relatively straight forward. You are dealing with professionals (surrogacy clinics, ivf, legal) who are used to surrogacy. It can be expensive however if you have success it is worth every cent. The current US/Aus exchange rate makes it more affordable now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carine
    I had heard surrogacy is possible in the US but thought the cost was HUGE? I guess if we sent our embabies over, it would be a little cheaper? I would be interested in any info you have-where you went, clinic, how did you find your surro, cost etc.
    I would prefer surrogate in aus or US as I feel India would be such a culture shock for me.
    Any info would be much appreciated!! Pls feel free to private message. Looking fwd to hearing from you.
    Thank you so so much
    Jody

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carine
    don't think I can private message on here. Send any info you can to jcastrianni@hotmail.com
    would love to hear about it.
    thanks so much