childless and studying? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question childless and studying?

Hey all
    i know there's a stickied thread for the young/childless/studying girls, but it seems to have died.

So i'm writing another thread because i'm assuming that if anyone new has joined the site that would be interested, they may be a little hesitant to join the chat (or lack thereof) because of the size of the thread. (or maybe that's just me? i know i dont' like the idea of joining into a thread that has over 600 posts )
    and i don't see the point in making a new thread if i'm the only one talking in it although i have considered it. i'm quite chatty when i want to be, even if i'm often 'the quiet one'

So come all ye' childless ones who want to talk about studying. or simply about being childless on a non-childless forum

i don't bite

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I said hello in the stickied thread a while back but it seem well and truly dead then. I be childless and I am studying, well waiting to get back into study!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Creation View Post
    Hi! I said hello in the stickied thread a while back but it seem well and truly dead then. I be childless and I am studying, well waiting to get back into study!
    awesome!!! lovely to meet you.

Yes the other thread died ages ago. I keep poking the girls on facebook but they all have silly reasons why they don't have time for it

Is this your first year in mid? I'm a student mid as well (in SA). such an awesome thing to study
    Technically i'm studying with kids this year - but since they're not actually mine, i'm allowed to shut the door on them when i need to study, so i am still in a different position to the mums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, oh well, hopefully this one won't die anytime soon. Hopefully we can get some more childless members in here!

Yes, this is my first year, I am studying at ACU. It isn't my first year of Uni though, I studied Bachelor of Arts in Ancient/Modern History and English dualled with Education last year. How about you? 2nd year? 3rd year? Do you enjoy the course? Just eager to know as much as possible! lol.

Haha, no kids in my house except my nephews that come over occasionally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure it will be slow/kinda dead, but just come in and comment occasionally - i seem to come on bubhub most days (even if i don't always reply straight away. this page has been open all night because i had no idea what to write ).

I'm going into my second uni year (and 2nd year of mid) - i did a doula course before hand, but it was a bit of a flop, so i don't have it as a certificate, but i have done the work. It was actually quite helpful (for me) to have a bit of background into what normal labour etc should look like, before going into the course. But the girls without that kind of background all did quite well as well.

I've just checked my facebook uni page, and apparently we're having a uk phd student talk to us next tuesday (we're still on holidays so its totally voluntary) i'm so exciting.
    There's also a shoulder dystocia workshop in march, but its 200 and i can't afford that

I love doing the voluntary and bonus workshops etc, i learn so much from them (especially the ones not actually from the uni, but put together by other students, or the independent midwives etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    aw this thread has been here for ages with no replies!
    Well even though I'll probably never remember to come back either I thought I may as well check in, just in case there are new childless & studying women out there who see this. You're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    does anybody still do this thread??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronnybear View Post
    does anybody still do this thread??
    On and off
    Most of us are no longer entirely childless :-) lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cannnn this thread come back anyway? Even if you have children its still funnnnnn.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default childless and studying?

Quote Originally Posted by backgroundnoise View Post
    Cannnn this thread come back anyway? Even if you have children its still funnnnnn.
    Haha, of course! You need to help keep it going though. Cause I'm sick of talking to myself :P