+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 173
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunshine North
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked
    223
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2LnC View Post
    Hi to all the newbies!
    happygrl I live in West Footscray so not too far from you
    Jess I was thinking the retro chairs, dh would love them! but I 'forbid' anything more in this house.
    Fearless I'm pretty sure highpoint doesn't have one, I always take ds to Altona gate for the play structure (even though he gets bored of it now) otherwise docklands monkey mania is good, they have toddler tuesdays for half price to members. We should organise a little play date with the western suburbs mums there You get free coffee too
    A western suburbs catch up would be awesome but DS is probably a bit young for monkey mania just yet I think.

    FearlessLeader , Highpoint definately doesn't have one, which is a shame.

  2. #82
    Guest Guest
    Oh true it isn't free, but when me and dh go I refuse to pay for both of us and they let me in for free, I'm getting abit tight in my old age lol but really making parents pay, its silly.
    We should organise something then, monkey mania is pretty good and have a good toddler section, ofcourse I'll be chasing ds (he likes the big slide and jumping castle) and then he'll throw a tanty on me!!
    happygrl I have a 9 week old too that I'll bring along so I'm happy to sit and chat, more for us then the kids
    Do you guys know anywhere else child friendly? Highpoint do need a play area don't they.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunshine North
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked
    223
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds good to me then

    I've got no idea on where to go with kids. This is all new to me, so I'll just watch this thread and use your ideas

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0

    Default Looking for new friends...

    I have recently moved over to Melbourne from New Zealand and am living in Point Cook and am looking for some new friends. I have a 2 year old Anyone else live here?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    western suburbs Melbourne
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
    I have recently moved over to Melbourne from New Zealand and am living in Point Cook and am looking for some new friends. I have a 2 year old Anyone else live here?
    hi Ballerina i'm moving to melbourne next week (my hubby is looking at houses for us starting tomorrow and a lot of them are in the point cook area). i have a 2year old DD and another on the way. i'm going to be hunting down new friends for her and me as soon as i arrive ... are you in one fo the newer estates in point cook?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    hi Ballerina i'm moving to melbourne next week (my hubby is looking at houses for us starting tomorrow and a lot of them are in the point cook area). i have a 2year old DD and another on the way. i'm going to be hunting down new friends for her and me as soon as i arrive ... are you in one fo the newer estates in point cook?
    Hi!! Where are you moving from? I think we are in the Innsfail estate. Lots of new houses going up everywhere though! When are you due with number 2?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    western suburbs Melbourne
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi we're moving from Newcastle (mid coast NSW) for hubby's work. don't really know a soul in Melbourne so i'm a bit apprehensive. I'm 14 weeks today! woohoo! which makes me due the 30th Oct, but i'm guessing early to mid November for delivery as DD was late and i had to be induced to get her moving lol

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    Hi we're moving from Newcastle (mid coast NSW) for hubby's work. don't really know a soul in Melbourne so i'm a bit apprehensive. I'm 14 weeks today! woohoo! which makes me due the 30th Oct, but i'm guessing early to mid November for delivery as DD was late and i had to be induced to get her moving lol
    It's a hard move when you dont know anyone. We moved cause of DH's work too and only knew one person here who lives in Point Cook which is why we chose here. What does your hubby do? When was your daughter 2? Mine was 2 in Feb. She is quite a handful at the moment as we have started toilet training. She will go at day care but not at home. We have just started trying for number 2 but im not quite as excited as I was trying for number 1. Some days I dont think I have the patience to handle another! lol

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    western suburbs Melbourne
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
    It's a hard move when you dont know anyone. We moved cause of DH's work too and only knew one person here who lives in Point Cook which is why we chose here. What does your hubby do? When was your daughter 2? Mine was 2 in Feb. She is quite a handful at the moment as we have started toilet training. She will go at day care but not at home. We have just started trying for number 2 but im not quite as excited as I was trying for number 1. Some days I dont think I have the patience to handle another! lol
    yes i know what you mean, i have many what we call "one child days" when i wornder what on earth we've gotten ourselves into here lol. we really started trying (only in Jan this year ) because it had taken us so long to get pregnant with DD and i was begining to realise itd be nice for her to have a sibling when she was still young enough to get along with him/her. DD was 2 in feburary as well. we're only very midly introducing TT at the moment, she's shown little to no interest and i figured she (and I) didn't need the stress on top of the move. but i guess we'll have to get moving eventually Hubby is an industrial chemist (on the research side). I am a stay at home mum. how about you?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0

    Default me too,

    hi guys im new to melbourne as well an im keen to catch up, im 23 and i have a little girl who is 10 months today! i live in mernda but i dont mind a little bit of travel.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Western Suburbs Adelaide Mums Group on FACEBOOK
    By Shantelle in forum West Adelaide
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 16:47
  2. mums to be - anyone in the western suburbs aswell as southwest.
    By mummytobe2013 in forum South-West Brisbane
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 19:05
  3. Western suburbs of Melbourne!
    By amiexox in forum Melbourne
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 11:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!