+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    We don't swim at Willi either, when we were young yes all summer, but we usually make the effort to go abit further now like Mordi, Carrum etc.
    I don't go to Altona beach or Point Cook either, not to eat or anything, I'm limited too lol
    If we go to a big park now it'd be like Maribyrnong/Anglers, Footscray park is not bad for a local and yarraville park. A good one is Cruikshank park near my parents house and my primary school, it has a creek and its nice for walking, it goes around about 3km? The maribyrnong walking track is longer and thats a nice walk, we used to do that all the time for exercise.
    Speaking of food again have you been to the Laksa King in Flemington? That's our new favourite place yum yum, it's busy and you wait a bit but its not long and soooo worth it.
    Vietnamese is good in Footscray too, there's a few of them and Thai in yarraville. I need to google names though, I only know the outside of the shops.
    I haven't been to Footscray market in years, my mum says its still not bad but it used to be better, they're actually closing it now which is a shame. They're closing everything now, Forges is gone, it's near my house atm but its not worth it, they used to have the best bra and undie sales! Kmart will close and that whole building, Footscray is not like it used to be, but it still has some good shops and for kids clothes you'd be suprised what you find
    I love Vic market, Thursday is the best day because it's the freshest (I'd have to check that but pretty sure) we go on Saturdays or Sundays though when dh isn't working and the quality is alot better than supermarket. Prices well, it depends, my local coles has good prices on some stuff like $1.49 for bananas (well not now its $6 thanks to yasi) but I just go for quality because it lasts longer and more variety. I love the deli section too and it has the best bakery and the meat section is fantastic, very cheap and good qaulity like I buy diet mince for $12kg at my local butcher but it's $7 at Vic market and cheaper if you go later in the day, as low as $4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2LnC View Post
    We don't swim at Willi either, when we were young yes all summer, but we usually make the effort to go abit further now like Mordi, Carrum etc.
    I don't go to Altona beach or Point Cook either, not to eat or anything, I'm limited too lol
    If we go to a big park now it'd be like Maribyrnong/Anglers, Footscray park is not bad for a local and yarraville park. A good one is Cruikshank park near my parents house and my primary school, it has a creek and its nice for walking, it goes around about 3km? The maribyrnong walking track is longer and thats a nice walk, we used to do that all the time for exercise.
    Speaking of food again have you been to the Laksa King in Flemington? That's our new favourite place yum yum, it's busy and you wait a bit but its not long and soooo worth it.
    Vietnamese is good in Footscray too, there's a few of them and Thai in yarraville. I need to google names though, I only know the outside of the shops.
    I haven't been to Footscray market in years, my mum says its still not bad but it used to be better, they're actually closing it now which is a shame. They're closing everything now, Forges is gone, it's near my house atm but its not worth it, they used to have the best bra and undie sales! Kmart will close and that whole building, Footscray is not like it used to be, but it still has some good shops and for kids clothes you'd be suprised what you find
    I love Vic market, Thursday is the best day because it's the freshest (I'd have to check that but pretty sure) we go on Saturdays or Sundays though when dh isn't working and the quality is alot better than supermarket. Prices well, it depends, my local coles has good prices on some stuff like $1.49 for bananas (well not now its $6 thanks to yasi) but I just go for quality because it lasts longer and more variety. I love the deli section too and it has the best bakery and the meat section is fantastic, very cheap and good qaulity like I buy diet mince for $12kg at my local butcher but it's $7 at Vic market and cheaper if you go later in the day, as low as $4.
    What???!!!! Are they seriously closing the Footscray Market? But I love it! That's poo'd me off. Where did u hear that one? Also, has anyone shopped at Little Saigon? It's awesome. Crazy, I can only go there without DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now I'm really hungry - reading about all this food!
    Wow - didn't know they were shutting all that down in Footscray ! I did know about forges, that's at central west plaza now.
    MelbourneMummy - you're not the first to complain about the Rotunda in Willi. HAve heard a few bad reviews about them. But do go to Sirens. Not sure about their prices.. but its quite pleasant. you can sit outside right at the sand.
    Was wondering - anyone know of any good indoor pools around the area?
    And also.. anyone go to the indoor play centres? Have been to a couple. Most were great at the start but then they became a little run down. We had DD's birthday at Tumbles last year - was actually good.
    But would love to hear others thoughts on pools and play centres.
    Hope everyones having a good night

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    What???!!!! Are they seriously closing the Footscray Market? But I love it! That's poo'd me off. Where did u hear that one? Also, has anyone shopped at Little Saigon? It's awesome. Crazy, I can only go there without DS.
    Since the governement re-zoned it and increased building storey height it's been earmarked for redevelopement, most likely apartments. I think thats now the plan for most of Footscray, when it will happen though I don't know? Maybe the council knows more, they'd have plans for it if you want to find out for sure what's happening.
    Little Saigon? No, I will check it out though

Swim centres close by are Maribyrnong (near highpoint, its a good one) Altona, Sunshine (never been to that one though) and AcotVale leisure centre (my fav). Indoor play centres I think Monkey Mania is the best at Docklands, docklands is good for kids stuff! Don't even go near the central west plaza one, so yes apart from tumbles in willi I'd go there. I don't know how old your kids are either but my nephew loves science works museum in spotswood, they have good play areas there for kids too, they seem to love it.

Guest Guest
    Oh I totally forgot, my sister and her friend always took their ds' to Play Shak in Altona, I've never been there but apparently its good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-02-2011 at 10:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-02-2011 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've no idea on playcentres but Sunshine leisure and maribyrnong leisure centres are great pools! Or Melton waves if you want to go that far.

Mum2LnC - funny story about Cruickshank park, my friend was growing pot there and a guy got stabbed one night. The cops supposedly combed the area looking for the knife but never noticed his plants. Needless to say he got them out of there quick smart

I forget who offered me the nappy bag, I'll say thanks but no thanks. I have a crumpler shoulder bag that should do otherwise I'll just go shopping. Any excuse for shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys thought I'd drop in and say hi,
    I am 26 and have a DD 6 and a DS who is 18 mths. Im new to the western suberbs we moved to Werribee about a month ago from Cheltenham. We dont have any family or friends over this way there all in the eastern suberbs so would love to chat to you mums from area.
    Im really liking it over this way except thats Its taking me for ever to get use to the area Im consinetly getting lost lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I'm another Feb mum. More Nth burbs now I guess (Pascoe Vale)
    But grew up in St.Albans and lived in Willi for a couple of years. I miss it!

Be back later just wanted to be able to find you again!
    Jess