+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Kadorite it's so lovely your friends spoiled you! I actually never had a baby shower Happy shopping though!

I don't have msn, I used to but it annoys me because it slows my computer down + when my sister and cousins see me online they want to chat and I can't be bothered (they live o/s)

Fearless I don't catch pt anymore, but I did obviously when I was younger and I'm a train person, the trains are good on this side (or they used to be) and it's quick to get to the city.
    Toptally OT but if you ever go to Footscray station, you MUST try Olympic donuts, they're the sugary hot jam ones, but they're the best in Melbourne I garauntee, I think they've been there for like 25+years?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=14589318253

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-02-2011 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. My boyfriend is a donut freak so he will die when I tell him about this place. Fearless I don't drive either, and I have no PT issues. But I live near Yarraville station so I'm easy. I work in Toorak, and get 2 trains, and honestly, it doesn't take me much longer than when I used to bus in peak hour from Elwood. There's heaps of buses around here that seem to go everywhere. Plus there's an Aldi in maribyrnong which may not be a bonus for you, but I love Aldi lol so I was rapt. So far nothing to dislike about the west at all

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    Wow. My boyfriend is a donut freak so he will die when I tell him about this place. Fearless I don't drive either, and I have no PT issues. But I live near Yarraville station so I'm easy. I work in Toorak, and get 2 trains, and honestly, it doesn't take me much longer than when I used to bus in peak hour from Elwood. There's heaps of buses around here that seem to go everywhere. Plus there's an Aldi in maribyrnong which may not be a bonus for you, but I love Aldi lol so I was rapt. So far nothing to dislike about the west at all
    I love Aldis too! More so for the nappies, toilet paper etc. Dh doesn't like the food cause he doesn't know the brand There's one just around the corner from my house in West Footscray (Ashley St)
    Now that I mentioned the donuts I'm craving! I got some a while ago when I was at vic market and they were crap, nothing beats the footscray ones.
    I'm going tomorrow now
    MM I don't think I have been to that cafe? I haven't been to foreshore in years actually, we go to the shops and the park in Willi. Totally ot again lol, there's an ice cream shop, it has a sign 'worlds best ice cream' I think the owners are lebanese and its across from the park (not the tennis courts side but the police station side) its got awesome ice cream and we also get fish and chips from the shop at the park near the gazebo, its the little one, it only sells fish and chips (no burgers and stuff) its really good. Look at me only talking about food, pregnancy does that!
    Last edited by Lily of the Nile; 06-02-2011 at 15:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmm jam donuts... Damn you girls I think you've given me a new craving! Olympic donuts are the best, I went to high school in Footscray for a year and I love them.

I haven't been to Willy beach in years, I used to know the guy who ran the cafe on the beach next to the surf club and he'd give me freebies. I wonder if he still owns it? I don't actually like that beach though I was spoilt growing up, my parents have a holiday house down the Great Ocean Road just past Lorne so I grew up at surf beaches not yucky bay beaches. Often at Willy if you pick up a handful of sand from under the water it's grey from the oil coming from boats in the bay. I did surf lifesaving for 13yrs (nippers as a kid and 3yrs active beach patrols) and the one season I patrolled at Williamstown we had a bomb scare! Some kids dug up an old mortar (I think? It was a bomb anyway) from WW2 at about 9am that morning. The police cordoned it off and sat next to it in deckchairs all day until the bomb squad guy rocked up around 4:30pm. He inspected it and realised it was live so we had to evacuate the beach. They detonated it and it took out a few seagulls

There's my entertaining story for the day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kadorite For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm loving the info on this thread. It's always good to know where the best of things are. Like, best pizza, best Vietnamese restaurant etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-02-2011 at 10:16.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi again guys LOL looks like can't keep out of this thread

Thanks for the bus info. And the donut info, i know that place but I've never had one before, will have to recify that

just popping in to say to MelbourneMummy- YES the Footscray Market is fantastic. I find their fruit and veg really good quality and super super super cheap (waaaay cheaper than the Vic market) and the seafood is the best in Victoria, i reckon. There are no deli places there which is a bit sucky but also ends up saving me heaps because if i go to Vic Markets i can't resist all the yummy cheeses and small goods

Mum2LnC sounds like you live around the area we are looking. haha that's why i don't have any sort of instant chat, i don't want to chat to everyone all the time, and i sort of don't get the ettiquette, if you don't want to talk to someone, or you're busy having a really serious conversation with someone else, what do you do? Ignore them?

wondergirl76 I've always loved your av i love that show My DS has started saying "brett brett" for some unknown reason, and me and DP always respond with "britt? that's a girls name!"

kadorite yeah my uncle and aunty have a place just before Lorne so we are spoilt as well, now if only they would stop renting it out all summer holidays so the family could get a turn when it's hot for once!

all the rest of the westies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.. all u girls have been busy. Took me a while to catch up on the posts!
    Lots of good info.

Am so glad the bad weather has passed.
    MelbourneMummy - i know which loud thunder strike you were talking about !!! I was standing at my kitchen window at the time and it scared the crap out of me. Overall, our house on the outside was fine. Our place is quite elevated but we had a nice waterfall in the bathroom coming from the ceiling lights and also from between the plaster joint ! Had no phone line or internet for over a day as the optus cables had been affected by teh rain. But all is back to normal.
    Which cafe in Willi did you not like? We just attended a wedding at Sirens. Never been there before. But the food was good.

Kadorite - glad to hear you had a great baby shower. Best party you can have for bub. What kind of nappy bag are you looking for? Only asking as I'm starting to clear out the kids stuff ready to sell. But i do have a nappy bag (maybe used a few times) More than welcome to have it (for free).

Haven't been to the point cook park as yet - will definately check it out. Is that the one right near the shopping centre? A while back we went for a drive up to Sunbury and found an awesome park - think its called the Galaxy Playground. Its huge.. 3 parks in one. And the kids had a ball.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-02-2011 at 10:16.