+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Roofless, my DD is only 10 weeks so doesn't know she exists let alone another kiddy just wanted to let you know that I went to my first mothers group today and there was a daddy, I made sure I went and had a big chat with him, so we're not all like that.. The nurse also mentioned that new groups start every 3 months and we're more than welcome to join the next one if this doesn't work out for whatever reason, or if we'd just like to make more friends in a new area. So I'd say contact the local nurse or playgroup australia and give it another go!!
    I really think there should be a dads group not just for SAHD's but for all dad's - they need to talk too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So many new people writing! This is great! I have been reading along

i thought of some places MumtoLnC....

Outdoor

Williamstown playground on the foreshore near the tennis courts - good for all ages as there is a lot of grass to play on a rug for babies, and playground for older ones.

Point Cook pirate ship park (that's what I call it lol, it is in Alamanda estate) - wouldn't be that great for little kids I don't think, but I am not sure.

Altona playground at the foreshore on Pier street. Good again with grass area to sit on but also tables there too and a bigger playground, but very windy and not good on a cold day.

Indoor

The four indoor play centres (ones that you pay for) that I know about are at... docklands, altona north, footscray and williamstown.

Shopping centre play gym (free)... food court in Altona Gate shopping center.

cafe

I just go to my regular ones but these websites have some good suggestions.

http://www.heybambini.com.au/Cafe-Review.asp?area=West

http://littleeatsreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/west.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1st for Jess View Post
    Hey Roofless, my DD is only 10 weeks so doesn't know she exists let alone another kiddy just wanted to let you know that I went to my first mothers group today and there was a daddy, I made sure I went and had a big chat with him, so we're not all like that.. The nurse also mentioned that new groups start every 3 months and we're more than welcome to join the next one if this doesn't work out for whatever reason, or if we'd just like to make more friends in a new area. So I'd say contact the local nurse or playgroup australia and give it another go!!
    I really think there should be a dads group not just for SAHD's but for all dad's - they need to talk too!
    I agree!! It was bad that you had that experience roofless! You are very welcome to post here for what it's worth lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    its official! we have a house and we're moving in to point cook on the 16th May, it feels good to know where we're going. I'm feeling a sense of loss leaving my home up here but i also can't wait to get there and meet some new friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    its official! we have a house and we're moving in to point cook on the 16th May, it feels good to know where we're going. I'm feeling a sense of loss leaving my home up here but i also can't wait to get there and meet some new friends
    Congratulations on getting the house! I like point cook, it seems nice when I have been through there. Kids on the streets playing kind of place .

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting!! Where abouts in Point Cook? We go to Rhyme time and story time at the Point Cook library so maybe we can meet there one morning. Oh and I know you dont me but Millie would love a play mate if you wanted to drop Elianna around for a play while you do your unpacking. It can be very hard trying to unpack with a toddler trying to help too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
    How exciting!! Where abouts in Point Cook? We go to Rhyme time and story time at the Point Cook library so maybe we can meet there one morning. Oh and I know you dont me but Millie would love a play mate if you wanted to drop Elianna around for a play while you do your unpacking. It can be very hard trying to unpack with a toddler trying to help too.

wow thanks for the offer thats wonderful of you, i will see how we go but will def bear it in mind.
    the house is in the Newminster Estate, DH was exploring point cook for me today and has picked up a heap of brochures on the library and community centre. looking forward to trying ryhme time and story time, would love to meet you there (only a 20 minute walk from our NEW PLACE, which is great as i can't drive)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent heard of that estate but had a quick google and depending what street you are in it doesnt look too far from us. We only have one car so I walk everywhere. Luckily I havent been caught out in the weather yet. Takes me about 15-20 mins to walk to the shops. Do you know what your doing for internet? It's so crap here as apparently they dont have enough cables etc so we have to have a T-stick and even that is terrible as it always cuts in and out.
    Have you already packed all your stuff up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofless View Post
    At the moment he doesnt get to socialize much due to me being excluded from Mothers group because I'm a Dad.
    I am being to have a dislike for mothers group for this exact reason, mcn are mostly to blame both my DH and I went to so called parents group walked in the door and was meet by oh you must be hear for mother group...... then she saw DH never have I seen someone backpeddle so fast

Dads to a wonderful job its about time they got a break, maybe you could start up a dads playgroup I am looking up starting up one in Truganina but need a few dads to attend and also looking for a dad to run it as would be better run by a dad than yet another mum

point cook playgroups are full we need more

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering if anyone knew of any playgroups, activities, kid friendly parks & cafes etc near the Kingston Gardens Estate in Hoppers Crossing, or even what the estate is like? My BIL and SIL just bought a house there to be closer to her Mum but they know little about kid things in the area. Thought I would help out by asking for her. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone i'm 27 have to boys DS1 is 4yrs old and DS2 is almost 7months old currently living in sydenham and looking to chat with other parents or catch up for regular playdates etc...
    feel free to add me on fb sweet_italiana84@hotmail.com
    HOpe to chat soon
    Last edited by young_mummie07; 15-05-2011 at 22:29.