+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If we chose an obstetrician next pregnancy we would choose Dr Alastair Morris. He is a wonderful man. He handled DPs miscarriage and D&C so gracefully and made us feel so comfortable. Despite the awful circumstances, we consider meeting him to be one of the silver linings of our ordeal. The midwives at RNS rave about him too, which is telling I think.

He is a true gentleman and went above and beyond for us, if that is how he was with an ill fated pregnancy I can't imagine how great we would feel having a successful pregnancy under his care.

The Scottish accent doesn't hurt either

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

maybeebaby  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i read on a post that Dr Burton only delivers NSP and RNS now (eff. 2014) - I'll try find that post and reply here....I'll give their rooms a call on Monday to find out.

I really want to give birth at Mater too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maybeebaby For This Useful Post:

smiggle  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Gil Burton now only delivers at NSP NOT Mater

http://www.babycenter.com.au/thread/816657/does-anyone-know-dr-alastair--morris-any-recommendation-for-a-good-obstetrician-in-the-lower-north-shore-

Such a shame
    Last edited by maybeebaby; 18-04-2015 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone delivered with dr Hartman at Mater?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    If we chose an obstetrician next pregnancy we would choose Dr Alastair Morris. He is a wonderful man. He handled DPs miscarriage and D&C so gracefully and made us feel so comfortable. Despite the awful circumstances, we consider meeting him to be one of the silver linings of our ordeal. The midwives at RNS rave about him too, which is telling I think.

He is a true gentleman and went above and beyond for us, if that is how he was with an ill fated pregnancy I can't imagine how great we would feel having a successful pregnancy under his care.

The Scottish accent doesn't hurt either
    I haven't heard any of my friends visit Dr Morris - can i ask what his approximate fees are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I have call Dr Burtons rooms this morning and they confirmed he does deliver at Mater.
    @smiggle

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maybeebaby For This Useful Post:

smiggle  (22-04-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeebaby View Post
    I haven't heard any of my friends visit Dr Morris - can i ask what his approximate fees are?
    I have no idea of his obstetric fees but I know he didn't charge the gap for our D&C so I think they're probably quite reasonable. Call his rooms tomorrow, his secretary is seriously lovely, she will be able to tell you more.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

maybeebaby  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing an OBGYN - NSP or Mater

Quote Originally Posted by maybeebaby View Post
    Congrats on the great news MrsMSL!! How exciting
    Thanks!
    You sound really organised! I was the same

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMSL For This Useful Post:

maybeebaby  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, does anyone know how long after a simple birth you are expected to stay in hospital for? I called the Mater - they said 3 nights max and NSP seems to be 4 nights - anyone have feedback on this? Mater said you can stay longer if you have a medical condition and if your doctor approves on the longer stay.....?

thanks all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had three babies at North Shore Private. Did my research with midwives who worked there. Our first was with Felicity Gallimore who was very nice and patient. Steven Tan apparently has the highest rate of Caesarian sections at the hospital (like more than 50%!!). That is a bad sign. Our second was with Anne MacGibbon based on midwives recommendation as Felicity was not available. Ours was a breach and as it turn out she is the only doctor at that hospital the will turn the bub so I could have a normal delivery- otherwise you are up for a CS or risky delivery. Apparently the other Obstetricians refer to Anne MacGibbon to do this for their own ladies with breaches. She is very calm and kind. We had our third with her too which was great.

I guess you need to do your homework regardless. Good Luck