+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just want to add my 2 cents about dr Steven tan and NSP hospital.

my earlier post in this thread was posted in January 2011, more than 2 yrs ago. I ended up booking in with dr Sophie lynch on the recommendation of Stephen Morris's office as he wasn't available during my due date (he was my first choice back then). After 2 appointments with dr lynch at 9 weeks and 13 weeks, I decided that she didn't suit DH and I and we switched to dr tan. He was absolutely lovely, such a sweet man and so gentle and supportive. He understood our needs and was sympathetic with our concerns. He was very supportive of a natural birth, although as a pp mentioned, he did suggest induction once I went over my edd. He said it was his policy not to deliver after41 weeks so I was induced on 41 weeks. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for some people, but personally I really needed to get the baby out as I was extremely uncomfortable by that stage. I gave birth on a weekend and he popped into the labour room regularly through the day (I was in labour for about 16 hours) despite spending the day with his family. After I gave birth he visited me every morning to check on me and he even had flowers delivered to my room. I loved him, and booked in with him again for bub#2. Highly recommend!

And yes NSP is like a hotel. Rooms are spacious and modern, you can book a double bed for you and DH, the delivery room is Massive!! With bath, shower, bouncy ball, lots of cool stuff food was great, midwives were great, classes were informative and held daily through the day (how to bathe bub, how to breast feed, how to prepare for bringing bubs home etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone give me some recent pricing on Dr Stephen Morris? OR any other OB GYN who is at The Mater ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    Can anyone give me some recent pricing on Dr Stephen Morris? OR any other OB GYN who is at The Mater ?
    I went recently to a consultation with an OB GYN at the mater and the pregnancy management fee was quoted at 5200 + 220 for the inital appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Read this and make up your own mind about Dr Tan

Read this carefully and make up your own mind about him: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...152972158.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky9999 For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked around and apparently he goes to RPA, Prince of Wales and also Mater and North Shore Private. How on earth can you get from a delivery at POW to The Mater quickly at afternoon peak hour?? Just my thoughts fwiw

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pasta. I had Anne MacGibbon for my last two and she was lovely. Both normal deliveries. She was very patient with me and very supportive of normal delivery. I had Gil Burton for my first. He is great too. Susie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone had experience with Dr.Rachael Hickinbotham? Need to book an OB asap! Can't decide on male or female...also considering Dr.Steven Tan.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, I'm currently looking for an ob & my doctor referred me to Gil burton. All the reviews I have heard are great. I couldn't get onto him today. Dos anyone have an idea of the cost/gap he charges??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milsy View Post
    Hey all, I'm currently looking for an ob & my doctor referred me to Gil burton. All the reviews I have heard are great. I couldn't get onto him today. Dos anyone have an idea of the cost/gap he charges??
    Congratulations on your pregnancy Milsy!

Gil Burton was also recommended to me for my first pregnancy also. We did try and book with him but he was going to be away when our baby was due and we went with someone else. At that time (2009), I think his fees were around $5500 so it is likely that they may have changed since then.

My out of pocket for both pregnancies/births were in the thousands.

Good Luck with the decision making! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm looking for feedback about dr Alastair Morris and Dr Stewart Boyce at North shore Private. It will be my second baby and will most likely be a repeat caesarean but am keen to try VBAC if I can find a willing Dr. Thanks for your help