+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dr Morris for all 3 babies. Absolutely the way to go. He is so supportive, his midwives are fantastic and I don't know anyone who has 2 midwives working for them. Each experience with dr Morris is fabulous. He's very into natural birthing and very much into supporting you. He has a website you could look at.

Congratulations and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister had Dr Tan for both her babies at Mater and raves about him. He was very practical and approachable. I think she had to insist quite hard not to be induced with the second bub, but his reasons for suggesting induction were very sound and he listened to her preferences when she said that she wold prefer to go over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggle View Post
    Bumping this thread for any other experiences/recommendations?
    I've been referred to Dr Gill Burton too - can anyone tell me what he was like??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Gil Burton for my first bub and am seeing him again for this bub. I can't speak highly enough of him. He has a brilliant reputation, very experienced, trustworthy and overall, just a lovely man. I trust him implicitly with my health and that of my baby. He is very thorough and when my PG blood tests identified I have a thyroid problem at 5 weeks PG, he rang me straight away, even though I hadn't had my first appt with him.

I had DD at the Mater and the midwives there LOVE Gil. They speak very highly of him and one that was pregnant said he is their OB of choice for their own pregnancies.

You need to book early with Gil as he is very popular and a word of warning, he is expensive (pregnancy management fee is currently $6,500 but going up to $7,000 in November). It's also worthwhile to note that he takes January off each year so he won't accept OB patients with due dates in January.

As for the Mater, I had DD there and am booked in again for this bub. I was really happy with it first time round. I have a lot of friends who have delivered in NSP and the Mater and they have all raved about their experiences.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TTCin2009 For This Useful Post:

lithiumfx  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far were you when you booked in with Dr?

I know you should book in as soon as possible, I guess people find out at various gestation for whatever reasons.
    Last edited by smiggle; 26-03-2016 at 06:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies, I heard of Ann McGibbon who works in both Mater and NSP. Can anyone recommend/comment??? Much appreciated x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am late replying to this, because I forgot that I posted.. I was referred to Dr Burton because of some complications at 20 weeks, but I did hear the receptionist telling someone 6 weeks was late the other day.

Haven't had the babies yet, but absolutely thrilled with him so far. Cannot speak highly enough of him to anyone who will listen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump.

I'm thinking of going to NSP and have booked to see Dr Tan when I'm 8 weeks.

I also have an appointment with Dr Ferry in Manly, does anyone have feedback on him? I can't seem to find much about him online. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing an OBGYN - NSP or Mater

Hi everyone, I was with dr Stephen Morris and he was awesome! I can comment on NSP.....it was like a hotel, midwives were amazing and food even better lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I know there may be a chance that this thread may not be live, but am looking for a good obstetrician and have read really good reviews about Dr Stephen Morris. I am aware that he is in high demand, moving between multiple hospitals and there may be a very small chance he may be running late to the delivery. Any experiences of this nature?