So this is the story of Kobe's csection birth. I have wrote about it on BH but now i have the report of what happened to combined with my memory i can fill the cracks of what i've if'd about.
*WARNING REALLY LONG*
Wednesday September 22nd, I went to my normal appt on (at 33 weeks and 2 days) and i began showing signs of pre-exclamsia. My FH was measuring at 28.5cm, i had been getting headaches everyday and was seeing stars, my ankles were starting to swell and so was my face, i had traces of protein in my urine, my BP was increasing. My Midwife said it was best to make an appt with the ob for the following week just to make sure it didnt evolve. And made me an u/s appt to check on blood and oxygen supply, and size because of FH.
Thursday September 30th, OBs had a conference so i had to see a midwife for the checkup, swelling and BP had increased, protein was 1+ traces, headaches had become very very painful and i was seeing stars more but the midwife said i was ok, made an appt for a CTG the following we and sent me home.
Thursday October 7th, CTG appt was at 1pm. About 1/4 past i got set upto the machine. After 2hrs of complete steadyness and high BP readings the nurse (?? IDK if she was a nurse or midwife) decided we should do a protein check, results were 4++++ protein. She tells me im being admitted. I weighed 96kg.
The nurse called the Midwifery Dept and they start to organise me a bed while the nurse inserts the canulla, then continues the CTG monitoring.
5pm Mid dept calls to say the bed is ready. I get upstairs and they take HEAPS of blood and check BP, and had booked an u/s for friday at 2pm.
Friday October 8th, U/S shows that blood and oxygen flow is ok but not as much as it should be and DS's is growing. Bloods are done to check the enzymes in my liver. Over weekend BP continue to rise, enzymes continue to increase and on sunday afternoon we discussed being induced and csection etc.
Monday October 11th, on rounds the decided i'll have another u/s at noon before my CTG at 1pm and have more bloods done for my liver. U/S shows that blood and oxygen supply is decreasing and DS is same size as 33 week scan and person that did the scan on the friday stuffed up. During afternoon rounds OBs (i had 2 OBs at this time) said that we should make sure everything is organised because Kobe would be earthside by wednesday night.
8pm Monday night DF went to leave but i asked him to stay until he was asked to leave. At 9.45pm i start to have pains in my whole stomach area and i pressed the nurse button, 10 minutes later a nurse came in and asked what i wanted, and at 10pm brang me back some panadol, she saw DF but didnt say anything so he stayed.
At 10.15pm the pain was getting to be unbareable so i pressed the nurse button and then a few minutes later again and then DF went out and got a nurse because i was screaming in pain.
The nurse came in and checked by BP (195/165), got another nurse to get the OB on duty and used the doppler to check on DS's heartbeat for in the meantime.
OB comes in and tells me that 1 of 2 things are happening, either 1 im in labour or 2 my liver and kidneys are failing. She did a cervical check and put me onto the CTG machine and both showed that i was not in any stage of labour and it was my liver and kidneys. At this stage i called my mum and asked if she could bring up more batteries as ours in our camera were dying and i wanted them to take heaps of photos. I began to loose eyesight
At 11 im taken to Birth Suite while theatre was being cleaned since there was just a csection done and they were sterolising etc. My mum comes up and asks if its ok that she stay until she knows we both are fine. At 11.25pm DF and my mum are presented with the risks (of my HELLP syndrome and eclampsia) while im being prep'd with my epi etc. DF gets his scrubs and gets changed and our son was born at 11.49pm at 36weeks gestation weighing in at a little 2.2kg(4lb 13.5oz) and a HC of 32.cm.
Our Son with his daddy at 20 minutes old
*I have no memory from here until the saturday morning.*
At 3am Tuesday morning i began not responding and CT and MRI showed my brain had/was swelled/ing, i was transfered to ICU. CT and MRI showed my liver was not functioning and neither was my kidneys. Over night I swelled even more and my thighs were 110cm in diameter (normally 66cm, still large but they were almost double) and my arms were 53cm in diameter (26cm normally, they had doubled) and i couldnt close my hands because of how swolen my fingers were. Because of everything I became a case for 4 OBs to handle and a cardiologist, 4 lovely OBs and 1 total @r$ehole cardiologist.
I spent the next 4.5 days in ICU with some time being awake but incoherent, I continued to say I was excited about potatoes, I yelled at my dad not to come near me and wouldnt let DF or my mum touch me, the nurses helped me BF DS but during his feeds i would loose eyesight and would ask where he was although he was right infront of me.
*I remeber again from here.*
On saturday morning at 3am I woke up and from then I began to recover and on sunday morning I was transfered back to birth suite. Monday morning i was tranfered back to midwifery and was given a 3hr pass to leave and return later that day(I was at huge risk of developing agoraphobia) and Tuesday the 19th I was discharged but spent the day in special care with Kobe. He stayed in special care and was discharged on the 25th.
He is now 15.5 weeks old and is double his birthweight.