+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Need an *amazing* hair stylist in Brisbane! Anyone? Please?

Ok,.. First of all, I've never, EVER had a haircut that I liked, or that suited me.. Second of all, I have tragic hair. No really, it's terrible. It's trashed from wearing it in a pony tail every. Damn. Day.

I have pretty long hair, all one length and haven't dyed it for yrs (I vowed I wouldn't do it again, but I think I need something fresh, my hair colour is really feral dirty brown.. Like that dark blonde colour thats really not blonde, but not brown either.. It's just icky.

I haven't had a fringe since I was eight years old, and probably for the last 10 yrs I've worn my hair in a pony tail nearly every day.. So all pulled back, very plain Jane.

I'm ready to take the plunge and get a hair cut, and I think I want a fringe again. Not a side swept fringe (because I'ved tried it, and I just end up pinning it back in a pony), but a blunt fringe. My problem is, is that while I want to do it, I'm frightened as heck that it's going to look like poo on me, and a fringe is RIGHT out there. You're stuck with it until it grows out.. I can handle it looking mediocre, or a little bit blah.. But not that it looks so horrendously shocking that people give you that why would you do that look??

I desperately want a FANTASTIC stylist who I can go to with what I want, and have her say no, that will look absolutely terrible, it wont suit you and you'll look like a big bloated whale.. Let's alter it and do THIS instead, it will work much better! I've never, ever once had a hair dresser who has been able to advise ME on what would look wonderful on me. Surely there has to be a hairstyle and a hairdresser out there for me??

Can any of your Brisbane chickies help? I'm on the southside of Brisbane (Logan area), but I'm willing to travel anywhere in Brisbane, or even to the Gold Coast if it means I'll get an awesome haircut and walk out feeling great, not like a piece of poo that just made a huge mistake.

Do I sound desperate? I am!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *bump* anyone this morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    leeny - i had mine done at savy at calamvale market place at the top of nottingham road when ds2 was only a month old. i was so sick of my shoulder length bob and i had no idea what would look good. the lady that did mine was great - she ended up giving me a reverse bob with layers and actually gave me a style that works for me. i can't remember her name but she was only a couple of months pregnant when she cut mine so she should still be working. if she isn't the other ladies there are just as good. they really listen to what you want and advise you what would work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks B .. Do you know if they have a senior stylist? I have no trust when it comes to hairdressers anymore.. I'd *love* to do it this week.. Maybe I'm just going to have to take a chance and trust someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My favourite hairdressers in Brisbane are Chop Haircutters on Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill (near Brisbane State High).

They aren't that cheap, but I've always found the girls there do a fabulous job with cut, colour and styling. They are very friendly and relaxed as well which helps a lot when you are communicating with a stylist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks DailyDiversion.. I'm not too worried about how much it costs.. I'm really sick of looking like crap and having no self esteem, so I'll pay a decent amount to have someone GOOD cut my hair and help me find something that suits me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to bump this one last time this morning.. I want to make some calls tomorrow, any more suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending if you want to travel - Revival Hairdressing at chermside is great! I've been going there for 11yrs and never had a bad haircut.
    They are closed Sunday/monday though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    leeny - the woman that owns the salon also works cutting and waxing. she is great too. an older lady but very friendly and all the girls she has working for her are well trained and the younger ones are supervised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! And nope, I don't mind traveling.. Willing to go as far as I need to go!