Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think letters to council are a good idea, also writing to your local paper. Sometimes raising the issue with womens groups such as the country womens association can help, ie can there be fundraising to set up facilities. I live in a bigger place and am lucky enough to have a mall with a baby room. But my sister is in a small town and there is nothing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovemybub For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (01-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Shepparton so it's not that small a place really. But only one of the shopping centers have a parents room. The mall only has the one toilet upstairs so it's not helpful at all! Even just for me to go is a hassle. The few change tables I've seen around town aren't kept very clean either.
    I would love to see another parent room here. One on the other end of town just isn't good enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not a trivial issue! My closest town doesn't have any parents room, I end up feeding bubs into the park in the centre of town, or in my car if the weather is not so good. Yes, no coles/woolies but it does have an IGA.

Even the closest bigger town- Albury/wodonga- is so lacking in decent parent rooms compared to what is available in other major cities. There is a grotty baby change room in the local centro shopping centres, but no where to feed.

And considering my trip into town takes one hour, in the time it takes to get everything done, I have to feed bubs up to three times in town.

Maybe I have to start writing some letters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I noticed that when I was in Albury on the weekend. It would also help if all towns had a map of the parent rooms, toilets with change table and play areas. Have them as flyers or something at supermarkets, chemists. The places all parents need to go.

That way when they are available people can actually find them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LibbyAnne For This Useful Post:

bugsy  (23-11-2011)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123