+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls...i am actually looking at doing the diploma online aswell i just can't seem to fully decide if it is worth it or do i just prepare for doing the bachelor next year i would more then likely have no choice but to do atleast the first year at home but then i could possibly transfer over to my second year and if i were to do my diploma it would be the same thing although i would have a qualification..i also live in vic..i just can't make my mind up i know i want to become a rn just can't decide on which path to take..how hard is it to get accepted into the diploma..i will call them tomorrow but i have so many questions. It is nice to see that i am not the only one who feels like she might have a baby brain..lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wanted to do the bachelor of nursing but it is just impossible for me because of family commitments. At least with the diploma i am doing some units towards the bachelor course.
    As far as getting in... i'm not sure how hard it is. I only applied to do the course on Monday so i havent heard back yet. Hoping i hear something soon.
    Oh & yeah i have severe baby brain

Thanks
    Reviews
    *bump*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Im looking at doing EN part time online with GC TAFE too! I want to start next year, as im 2 weeks out from baby number 3 at the moment
    Id really want to do bmid, but I can not get into it by doing STAT, its just too competitive...so the pathway im looking at, is the scenic route lol, do EN which if I pass etc will give me 1 yr credit for BN then I will decide if after a year of BN, If I want to continue that then do BMID or transfer into it after that first year....this is all assuming I pass with flying colours!
    I live on the GC, so will be a bit easier for me with res school etc, but im affraid I suffer the dreaded "baby/preg brain" too its been 10yrs since I finished year 12, so also think this way im kind of easing into it a bit.
    Next year my dd1 starts prep, dd2 will turn 2 in feb, and ds will turn 1 in march...its going to be full on, but I really feel like I need some direction in my life- aside from being a mumma, which I do love.
    So have you girls gone ahead and enrolled?? I know i will be so keen to hear how its all going goodluck with it!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pooks! I have enrolled and my classes start next Monday! I'm doing full time th0! Were trying to speed things up a little bit for our future and I want to do some real work asap! I was thinking of after this course, work as EN while doing my studies for BN then yes BMID! I'm working at least 2days/week which is not really helping ATM but at least I got something!! I live 1.5hrs away from GC and my DP is willing to take 2wks time off from his work for my studies and his words, were camp somewhere near southport campus..lol. Anyways, any suggestions where we can go short stay for res school?? I'll keep u ladies posted..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have enrolled too & starting next monday...
    I have been looking into accommodation & as i am in Melbourne we have decided to use the 2 weeks & have a family holiday at the same time so i will be bringing DH & the kids with me. I'm sure they wont have any problems keeping themselves occupied while i'm at school.
    We only have one problem that we are trying to work around & that is DH is going to thailand for work on the 14th of Sept & leaves there on the 18th... so wont get home til the morning of the 19th & the residential schools start for part timers on the 19th. So he is thinking of getting a flight back to Brisbane instead of Melbourne & just catching a bus to the GC & i'll meet him there.

My plan is also similar regards to work & further study. This course will take until April 2013 because of doing it part time. After that because my youngest still wont be at school i was thinking of doing my BN but i might just go straight into doing BMid. Or maybe even the dual degree. I spose it just depends on family commitments, marks, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TM. Have you received that email with the course subjects/units/topics? I'm pretty sure they're on the CONFIRMATION OF ENROLLMENT email. I tried to google them and found a few, mostly PDF files from TAFE SA. I'm doing a lil bit of advance reading so that my level of freakoutness will at least go down.. Lol. and also been trying to look up for the national laws of health practitioners (in your case look up for Health Practitioners laws VICTORIA.). so far that's what I've done. I'm excited and worried at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have received that email but didnt even think to google anything... might try that today. I am freaking out i'm really excited & just want to start but i'm really scared at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, good work you girls! You've taken the first step atleast!! Did you apply through tafe or QTAC?
    Also, I know with griffith uni the cut off rank was too high so using credit from tafe alone isnt enough to get into bmid straight from EN...Unless it drops drastically, which is a shame but not impossible atleast.
    As for ideas where to stay, have you thought about holiday houses? Might work out cheaper and def bigger than hotels/caravans etc, especially if you have study etc to get done with kids and husbands around. Try googling holiday rent house...etc
    Goodluck for monday girls! Cant wait til thats me next year, got to get baby #3 out first 13 sleeps to go!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for bubs no 3

I applied straight through the TAFE it was very easy & a fast process.

I have a few quotes from holiday houses but everything is quite expensive because it is school holidays both here in VIC & in QLD at that time. But in have a few places in and & that are a reasonable price & reasonable size & not too far from the TAFE.

My sister did the course (not thru GC) a few years ago & back then it was just Certificate 5 & it gave you no credits but then she told me that now it is the diploma i should get some credit towards BMid & i did read it somewhere too but no sure how true that is. Will have to find out more about it. I know you get credit towards to BNursing but not sure about the BMid.