+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our baby has been measuring small for dates ever since the dating scan where they changed his due date from my LMP (10th June 2012) to an estimated due date (17th June 2012). Last scan at 28 weeks showed he was in the 10th percentile for fetal growth but today at 32 weeks they have said he is now in the 3rd percentile.

I wasn't/am not worried so much because they say he is symetrically small but I can't help wonder what the implications may be if his growth is slowing down so much.

Also, back at 16 weeks they told me there was a blood clot or placenta lake in my placenta but have told me it's nothing to worry about.

Surely I am due some answers by now!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, my baby came out 6 pound 12 and my placenta was very healthy, scans can cause so much worry and give misleading information.

I have No 2 on the way and i will be taking the scans like a pinch of salt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

DS was an IUGR baby. It was accidently discovered because I had a scan through a study I was participating in and they picked up he was small (28 weeks - 7th percentile) and they recommended that I tell my midwife and have a follow up scan in 3 weeks. 3 weeks later baby dropped just above the 3rd percentile. I then had weekly scans and by 35 weeks DS was down to below the 2nd percentile so at 35+6 they induced me and baby came out weighing 2kg (4lb7oz).

DS had jaundice, couldn't regulate his body temperature, and had a bit of trouble staying awake to feed, so he was on nose feeds every second feed. He came home after a week of being in hospital sucking fine and healthy. He is a healthy boy but is still quite petite.

I am currently pregnant with DS2 and he is also an IUGR baby and i am getting induced in 6 days time and 36+6 weeks. He was measuring 2.2kg at my 35 week scan so bigger than DS1 but in 2 weeks his belly has dropped from measuring a week behind to 3 weeks behind and EFW has dropped in 2 weeks from the 27th percentile to the 11th percentile. I have fingers crossed that baby doesnt have to go into the nursery this time being so close to be classified as 'full term' at 37 weeks.

Also with both pregnancies the blood flow to baby has been normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Registrar has said the placenta and amniotic fluid are both normal. Baby is still symmetrical but is in the 3rd percentile.

I am now having fortnightly ultrasounds to keep an eye on his progress and have weekly clinic visits to keep an eye on his wellbeing.

The registrar also mentioned inducing him at 38 weeks but we will be discussing that at my next appointment on Tuesday.

Nervous/excited - I can't wait to meet our little man!