+ Reply to Thread
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Treatment for MC and Chemical Pg - Pls HELP

Hi ladies,

I desperately need your help. In August 2010 I had a missed MC at 8 weeks and was told to wait three months to try again - which i did, now this month i a have been told I have a chemical pregnancy (HCG only at 14 and needs to be above 100). After my first MC I had it tested and it came back perfect, I also had a lot of blood work done (13 vials of random tests) and it all came back clear.

I have a follow up meeting with my Dr early next week and I want to go into the appointment armed with as much info as possible.

Can you please tell me if you have had something similar happen and what treatment you took to get your sticky BFP? Ie Prednisone, clexane etc.

Thanks so much, I am so lost I just don’t know what to do. My FS keeps telling me it’s a bad luck event, but I don’t think that’s true – there has to be a reason for this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you have your appt?

How did it go?

I was just scanning for threads on chemicals/mc. I have had 4 chems in a row (9 mths). I am seeing the doc tomorrow and hoping it is maybe low progesterone which I've heard can be easily treated.

Did you get any answer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!
    I have had 3 chemicals in a row!
    I have had every test under the sun and they found pretty much nothing wrong except very slight elevated anticardiolipin antibodies. I have been on clexane for this and thats when I had my 3rd chemical....

In a week we are starting an ivf cycle (our 9th) and we are seeing a geneticist who will pull our embryos apart and see if there is anything that is stopping us there.

It's been a long journey but I hope that there is nothing wrong with our embies!!!!

I am very interested in what your doctor will tell you as I would like to know everything and anything else we can do!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    out of interest mnmc did you try progesterone pessaries?

I am desperate to know if that is the answer for me.

I hope a sticky happens soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done progesterone pessaries and crinone.... I do think it can help for some but my progesterone levels and every other level has always been fine... You can get it checked.... But it is worthwhile trying some thing so simple I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have an appt tomorrow, it is the only thing left I can think of that I haven't had tested>>

Good luck with the testing next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 early losses & was told IVF was the way to go (partly due to being over 40) yet with no treatment I had a successful natural pregnancy the next time. I sometimes think it's just luck of the draw. They could never find anything wrong & then it just fell in to place when I least expected it to.