+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Barb
    I hope you have had some luck since your treatment. I completely agree with you on the lack of information provided by Repromed. In fact I wrote 1 complaint to them last year after my treatment with them (which ranged from lack of information regarding miscarriage, to a nasty comment made by a doctor and an incorrect appointment time). We were in Darwin when we had our treatment & they were the only clinic which offered IVF. Fortunately we have moved to Adelaide & went through Flinders recently. Although I did not have a successful outcome they were very lovely to deal with (and half the price!). I actually fell pregnant naturally a month after IVF & Flinders were more than happy to do a scan at 8 weeks to check whether I had fallen pregnant through their treatment or naturally (although both me & Flinders suspected I fell pregnant naturally which I did).
    Good luck to you. I really hope you do have success. My whole IVF experience last year was probably one of the worst experiences of my life (and I haven't even gone into detail about all the other things happened around the same time in my life around then).
    Helen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Heather
    Couldn't agree more with your comment about unexplained fertility. Before my IVF treatment last year I read a book (I wish I could remember the title) written by two British doctors who work in New York. Their book basically gives information on couples who experienced "unexplained fertility" and how they helped their patients to overcome that by doing things like looking at their lifestyles, foods they ate, alcohol consumption etc. They also talked about people they had dealt with who had situations such as low sperm counts and how a change of diet (amongst other things) helped them to concieve naturally. When we first found out why we were not concieving (low sperm count) my husband was told by a doctor at Eve Medical in Brisbane "It's your fault, you have a low sperm count" (nice bedside manner!). When we asked at Repromed if we could do anything about low sperm count they said no & our chances of falling pregnant naturally were .5% of a chance at any one time. We had one child naturally 7 years ago, and he according to the doctor is a "miracle child". Well I am now fortunately pregnant with miracle number 2. No thanks to Repromed!
    We went through Flinders when we moved here after numerous problems with Repromed in Darwin & they are half the price of Repromed & fantastic. Although I didn't fall pregnant with the IVF cycle through them, they were great & talked me through several options available to me when I (was supposed to go back) for my next cycle.
    Good luck & I hope you have had luck since this post.
    Helen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also a repro patient.

If I can give any advice it would be to take control of your treatment.
    Do your research and ask questions.
    They will give you a full copy of your notes, just ask for them.
    This goes for b/t's etc. Read the info and ask what it all means.
    Write out any questions you have and take with you, write the answers and keep for future reference.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, we're also up in Darwin funding Repromed. When we asked FS (on cycle number 2) her thoughts on what may have gone wrong on the the last cycle her reply was "sh*t happens". Not really the technical answer we looking for! My normally easy-going DH hit the roof and told her on the spot how unprofessional and rude her comment was which made her pull her head in for a while. While we do get the occasional doozie remark and her bedside manner is still questionable at least we know where we stand with her. Wish me luck though, Transferred 2 x fresh, grade 1 blasties on Monday! Baby dust to everyone x

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Troppogirl, fingers crossed for you!

I'm being treated by Dr Purser in Darwin and have been very happy with her and the nurses. We've had 3 unsuccessful transfers, and were put through very thorough testing. We now have some pretty in depth and unexpected information to work with, which will end up saving us a lot of heart ache and frustration. From what I can gather having so much testing done so early is something a lot of fs need to be pushed into. I'm so sorry for everyone who has had bad experiences with Repromed up here, but am very glad people spoke up. They do seem to have listened.
    The only time I have felt uncomfortable with them is after my first EPU. I was in an extreme amount of pain, and was given an appt with Dr Girle. I was very confused and upset, and found her to be brusque and dismissive. I left feeling like I had wasted her time and was being precious. Wow. I hadn't realised how bad she was til I wrote it out. I'll talk with Dr Purser about it next time I see her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Augustvn  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr girle was my FS and she is definitely a bit blunt, to put it nicely. But I thinks it's just her. Not that it's an excuse cause she said some hurtful things to me too, but i don't think she realizes it. Cause when it came to me miscarrying, she was really compassionate. Dr purser did all my egg pick ups though and she was really lovely. But dr girle did get me pregnant in the end after all the tests she ran so I guess she knows her stuff. All the nurses are fantastic in Darwin though.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Dr girle was my FS and she is definitely a bit blunt, to put it nicely. But I thinks it's just her. Not that it's an excuse cause she said some hurtful things to me too, but i don't think she realizes it. Cause when it came to me miscarrying, she was really compassionate. Dr purser did all my egg pick ups though and she was really lovely. But dr girle did get me pregnant in the end after all the tests she ran so I guess she knows her stuff. All the nurses are fantastic in Darwin though.
    You got it in one there. I'll forgive anyone just about anything if they can get me UTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't agree more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Troppogirl – I’m assuming by your post that you had Stephanie as well. I’m not entirely sure how she ended up in a job like that, cause she is waaaaay too blunt sometimes. But like you said, she doesn’t mess around and you always know where you stand with her. The “sh*t happens” remark was one that I got when my first cycle didn’t work haha, and I thought wtf, surely you have a better answer than that. But after a couple of cycles, I got used to how she was and then she was actually quite friendly, and I could even have a joke with her.

I did 2 antagonist cycles, and an FET before they figured out I had MTHFR. They also changed me to a long down reg cycle, which Stephanie said would probably help, and it obviously did. I got the best batch of eggs/embryos, and ended up with a sticky one.

Congrats for being PUPO though Fingers crossed they are sticky ones. When is your blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default To Troppogirl

To Troppogirl

Good luck with your treatment & dealing with Dr Girle. Like someone else said I can't believe that someone like her does this job. I actually made a written complaint about her to Repromed last year after my first round of treatment (my complaint was not only about her but about other things I felt I hadn't been told at the time). When she did a scan to see if I had had a miscarriage her response was "The baby probably couldn't find its way." Just what I wanted to hear after being told I was probably miscarrying after being told the week before that my treatment had been successful & waiting 2 years to begin treatment & 4 years trying to have a baby. The person who responded to my complaint at Repromed said that Dr Girle apologised, but after that I didn't want to deal with her. We saw Dr Purser after that & she was much nicer.
    Fortunately we moved to Adelaide at the end of last year so we had a choice not to use Repromed when we moved (which we didn't). We went through Flinders Medical Centre & they were excellent & much, much cheaper.
    I saw a short interview with one of the head doctors from Repromed the other day on the news. She stated that IVF these days has a 90% success rate. What a load of BS!! What she is talking about (and wasn't mentioned in the article) is that up to 90% of women have an embryo transfer, but don't necessarily have a baby to take home nine months later.
    In my complaint to Repromed (& I also took this to the NT Health Commission) I stated that they should also provide statistics (as do all registered reproductive clinics in the UK) on the numbers of live births. Repromeds reply was that it would take years to provide that type of information. Again what a load of BS. I felt that when we first began treatment it was not explained to us that the 40% success rate for women in my age group (I had just turned 36 at the time) meant that this was the embryo transfer rate. I think all Australian clinics should provide stats on births & embryo transfer success rates rather than just embryo transfers, this way couples going through IVF will have a clearer picture of what may/may not happen to them.
    Again - good luck, it is terrible going through IVF & try & get yourself & partner changed to see Dr Purser instead.
    Helen

Again good luck!
    Helen