+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did she have jellybeans heatherm?????

Anyway, good luck with your new IVF journey, I hope it's a short one. I'm interested that Dr Henshaw is willing to try different things. If my FS gives up on me maybe (which it sounds like she will if next cycle doesn't work) I might ask to see him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    no she didnt give jellybeans but she was the loveliest nurse i have ever met.
    knew what she was doing and was exellent at her job.
    she was never rude like i have had from time to time with some of the nurses.

as for dr henshaw the last time i saw him i was not too impressed with him but in comparison to my old fs he is good but it seems that he is getting old too.
    the problems with fs are that they dont investigate enough as to why things dont work.
    we pay enough money to these doctors yet they cant tell us what our problem is.
    (unexplained infertility).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be seeing Dr Harvey at Repromed and can recommend him. I've been seeing him at his OBGYN clinic for about 12 months and he has been extremely thorough at investigating what is and isn't working. He doesn't work at Fullarton a lot though. I feel more comfortable going into this process with someone I kind of know and have a good doctor patient relationship with.

I've not heard of payment plans. We suspected six months ago this may be the direction we were headed so started to put money aside. We are using ICSI too but from what I can remember it was only adding about $50-100 more.

I hope I don't get this nurse who leaves bruises, my veins aren't that cooperative. She must have come from the GP clinic I used to go to! Very ill I had to have penicillin injections in my behind on consecutive days - I actually couldn't sit down for a week as my whole toosh was yellow and purple!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sounding a bit moer hopeful

Hi Everyone - thank you so much for all of your replies! So great to hear the feedback and to hear that a few of you have been succesfull in your ventures! Very exciting news.

I was seeing Dr henshaw at first but now he doesnt come to mt gambier - he now goes to MILDURA once a month - so i am seeing Dr. Lisa Bedson who is fantastic and so very lovely!

Have my first ISCI scheduled for late may and will be trying clomid until then!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

xo

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck Kellijh!!! May is so far away. Fingers crossed for a clomid miracle.

AdelaideAli - make sure you have a couple of good glasses of water before your blood tests. It does make a difference (and that nurse needs all the help she can get!). You'll be fine oh and sorry to hear about your tooshy. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I went to the one at mawson lakes, and now have a bruise on each arm after nurse tried to get blood from one and couldn't find it so tried the other!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Moo, I'm cringing reading your post. So its long sleeves for you for a few days!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just had my first IVF Cycle at Repromed with ICSI at the cost of 7446. We had to have the money on the day of EPU.

Am I happy with them.. Not really but will be going back for a second cycle in march as its the only thing i have somewhat close enough as I have to deal with Mildura office mostly then down to adelaide for day procedures.

MY FS was Dr Henshaw and Sarah Mathews who neither of them told me that I had extremely low AMH and was on highest levels of Gonal F and not to expect too many eggs.. I got one egg who sadly perished second day of growing.. This time around tho I am loaded with questions. The nurses and staff are all lovely and I still like the doctors.. but communication really needs to be had for better service.. While sitting there yesturday I truly just felt like my number.

goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Barb - I don't know anything about Dr Sarah Matthews but am not surprised that Dr Henshaw didn't give you the info about your AMH. Unfortunately I had problems with him giving me full results from BT's which I had done after 2 chem pregs. I found this info out later. I changed FS immediately as I had a few positive results come back from my BT and one of the other FS was much more qualified to work with me on these.

I hope your next cycle is an improvement on this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I know your post is old but I thought this might help others out there who are looking at using Repromed.

Just wanted to let anyone know who is thinking of using Repromed Adelaide or Darwin my experience of using them.
    My partner & I went through Repromed Darwin last year for IVF treatment (our first cycle). I fell pregnant, however a few days later had spotting. I contacted the clinic who told me to attend on the following Monday for a blood test. The blood test showed that my hormone levels had dropped & was told by the nurse I would probably lose my baby. I was not offered a doctors appointment or referred to the brochures on miscarriage, which I had been given 2 months earlier (who thinks to remember that you have these when you have just been told you are going to lose your baby?). I phoned the clinic the following day as I wanted to see a doctor about my situation. The doctor did an ultrasound & could not find an embryo. Her response was "Oh the baby probably couldn't find its way!" Nice! So I am going through a miscarriage and the doctor is completely unsympathetic and comes out with a comment like this. I returned 3 days later for another blood test. The results showed that my hormone levels had gone up. I was relieved as I had also had another ultrasound (with more up-to-date equipment at RDH) on the same day & an embryo was high in my uterus. I was not told - until I made a formal complaint about Repromed this year, that my hormone levels at that time, although had risen, had not risen significantly. Throughout my entire miscarriage I was not given any information on what can happen during a miscarriage or referred to the brochures given to me. When I made a formal complaint to Repromed a few months later, they told me that each patients situation is different when a miscarriage occurs (which I can understand as each pregnancy can be different). However they did not even give basic information on what to expect. Even when I spoke to their counsellor a few weeks after the miscarriage she told me that she had been told by many patients that they had not be told what to expect during a miscarriage.

Basically I ended up having a miscarriage. We made an appointment to see the counsellor at Repromed - who told me if I was feeling down to do something like gardening or craft work, things that I enjoy doing. How am I supposed to do this at 2am in the morning when I feel like screaming my head off? Also the appointment time was made by the receptionist incorrectly. We were given the wrong date, so showed up a week before the actual appointment time!

I made a written complaint in regards to the care & treatment I received through Repromed, including other things which I have not written here. An apology was made through their PR person, however I never received a personal apology from the doctor who made the above comment about my baby not being able to find its way.

We moved to Adelaide this year (thank god, which meant we didn't have to go through the one and only IVF clinic in Darwin again), and chose Flinders Reproductive Clinic. They have been nothing but fantastic. The accounts lady can tell you exactly the costs of the treatment through the clinic, the approximate amount you will receive back from Medicare. The midwives, doctors and anaesthesist are also fantastic.

I also found out when I attended Flinders that I could have up to two embryos implanted if I chose. At Repromed I was never offered this. I emailed Repromed pretending to be a new patient asking how many they would transfer. I was told 2 in consultation with the doctor. When I made a complaint that we had never been offered two during our treatment in Darwin they then decided to tell us the reasons why they do not offer two embryos being implanted in Darwin. Although at the time of our treatment we should have pushed further for this information, I believe that it should be provided at the time.

If you are looking at the pregnancy success rates on their website - don't be misguided like I was. These are results showing successful pregnancy rates at 6-7 weeks of pregnancy. It does not include live-birth rates. I believe that ALL clinics (as per the UK) should show live-birth rates so that couples undergoing IVF know what their chances are of conceiving.

As mentioned before, Flinders have been fantastic with us. I had one round of IVF treatment which was unfortunately not successful. At my follow-up appointment the doctor discussed what the next best option was for us (to continue IVF in my next cycle rather than wait a couple of cycles as she said this usually produced good results) and discussed increasing my drug intake.

However - we managed to fall pregnant naturally just a few weeks later! We are so happy and relieved that we do not have to go through the whole IVF situation again. What I have been through (especially last August/September, as what I mentioned above is only the tip of the iceberg), I would not wish on anyone going through IVF.

Good luck to you all.

Also Flinders (and we have to drive at least an hour to get there, whereas Repromed is just down the road from us), is half the price for their treatment than Repromed.

Helen