+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Urgently seeking doula / midwife in Brisbane north

Hi, I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and intend to vbac. I need to find a doula or midwife who will help me with my goal of a empowering vbac on the northside. I also have gestational diabetes that is currently controlled by diet. I am currently booked into to northwest but am now currently looking at changing to a more vbac freindly hospital - yet to be decided either royal womens, redcliffe or caboolture. I am happy to keep all options open. Any replies will be helpful thanking you in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BUMP!!

I will PM you,not sure how much I can help but somtimes just talking to someone will help!!

Gillian xxx

finally living in our (partially finished) beautiful home high on the Hill in Eatons Hill
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if you found a doula / midwife as I am 30weeks pregnant about to go thru 2nd vbac and am wanting a doula who is also a midwife so she can assist with early labour at home and help me determine when I'm far enough along to go to hospital, rather than going to hospital too early & having my labour slow like it did last time and then I had to labour in the actual ward for 17+ hours!

Hope your vbac was successful for you!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Thank you for your pm but I unfortunately won't be able to help I can recommend though, a very good friend who is also a wonderful Doula on the northside. Please check her out at 'Bump2Birth Pregnancy & Birth Services' on Facebook! Her name is Emma.
    Best wishes,
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, did you have any luck finding a doula? Thanks Lisa for the recommendation

Let me know if you had any questions, I'm not a midwife but am comfortable supporting mum's at home before heading to the hospital

Emma
    Bump2Birth Pregnancy & Birth Services
    bump2birth@ymail.com

finally living in our (partially finished) beautiful home high on the Hill in Eatons Hill
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emma, I haven't found a doula yet. Not sure if we can afford one. If u could please PM me an idea of your fee, that'd be great.

At mo', I'm thinking I'll have to try & find a trainee doula or just see how hubby & I go without the extra support.

Thanks! xo