+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Royal jelly for egg quality

Anyone currently using royal jelly for improving egg quality?

I am already taking DHEA 75mg, Fish Oil 3g and CoQ10 600mg for this purpose but have decided to add royal jelly to the mix in consultation with my acupuncturist. Have read alot of different things about the benefits of taking capsules versus 'fresh' vials.

I went into my usual health food store today (I'm in Sydney) and they only had capsules, but suggested I could get the vials in Chinatown. Just interested in what other people are taking and if fresh where do you get it from?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi starfish- I am taking 1000mg capsules which I got at chemist warehouse. About $40 for 360 tabs I think. Also taking 75mg Dhea and 600 mg COQ10 too. Good luck

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish I used the capsules for the first time my last fresh cycle.... dont think I will bother again as results really no different.

I think the DHEA will be the winner in your medicine cabinet, that and the CoQ10.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish – I get my ‘fresh’ Royal Jelly from the ‘Go Vita’ health stores. I usually get a box per month at about $49 for 30 x 10ml vials. Its in a blue box and is called Peking Royal Jelly (Herbal Vitamin Liquid Complex)…..it tastes absolutely awful, but is over quickly. My FS is all for taking Royal Jelly….he says it is widely taken through Asia and is the first thing ‘prescribed’ to women having difficulty falling pregnant.

I also go to weekly acupuncture sessions and follow the very very basics of acupuncture……never let the soles of your feet get cold, never let your lower back get cold, never eat anything too hot and/or too cold. It might be weird but I will try anything!!!

DP and myself are on a number of things, so I can PM you if you would like. We have been through IVF/ICSI twice and our second time was much more successful than our first…..we had a 75% fertilisation rate compared to 25% on our first go. We got a BFP but for what ever reason, our little embie/s decided not to stick around.

I have an uphill battle with 45 year old eggs, but with all the ‘pills and potions’, I am getting closer to the prize!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wannabb, Spot and Sunny for your responses. Hmm, Im really confused on the fresh vs capsule option.

Wannabb, the capsules certainly sound like a more economical option.

Sunny, do you just take the 1 vial a day & does it need to be taken seperately to other vitamins/meds?

Any ideas ladies what the timeframe is to take RJ to derive maximum benefit?

Spot, you may well be right love and yep I have jumped back on the DHEA train, but feeling a bit 'let down' by it to let another poor quality egg thru the gate Irrational perhaps!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish- i dont know if it needs to be taken for a certain time for it effect. i start it when getting neg HPT then stop at EPu again. have been taking it for 3 months but changed style of cycle last time so think this was cause of massive improvement,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - you read my mind on this one - I had been meaning to start a similar thread!

My chinese med lady (in surry hills) gave me fresh royal jelly (made by Rainbow) - its like a gel consistency - in a tube that you have one tablespoon of each day - it is truly truly revolting and I have hardly had any but I must toughen up and get it into me somehow!! I have also bought some capsules - 1000mg got them from Mr Vitamins. Was planning to start on these this week.

I have wondered if it needs the same 3 months of taking it to have an effect on the up and coming follicles / eggs ???? just my thoughts though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - Yes, it is 1 vial per day. I am unsure if Royal Jelly needs any length of time to have maximum effect.....I know my FS was fine with me taking it through EPU, ET and 2WW.....in fact, I have taken it every day for approximately 5 months now and I take it at the same time as all my other vitamins and DHEA.

Have you asked your FS about Human Growth Hormone (HGH or Saizen)? This also improves egg quality.....it is often given to older women or poor responders. It is expensive, but at my age I am throwing everything at IVF!!! It is $300 per injection and my FS advised injections at
    Day 21, 2, 4 and 6. I think I have read somewhere on this forum that some women have accessed HGH over the internet, however, I dont know where, how, cost etc.

I would be interested to read the benefits of fresh v's capsule Royal Jelly if anyone has any feedback.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there PinkB, I think you might be onto something re: needing several months for an effect to take place, thought I read this somewhere in internet land... Do you just take 1 x 1000mg capsule a day? Have you decided this 'cos the fresh is too yucky? (Just out of curiousity are you seeing Lily Liu?)

Thanks Sunny for the info. I will likely be using saizen for my next cycle, although I probably have about 3 months wait up my sleeve , so a good chance to start royal jelly.

Good luck everyone trying to improve egg quality, any other experiences with RJ appreciated!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 19-01-2011 at 13:45. Reason: sp

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this thread guys, I've written everything down and will be off to my local health store on Saturday!! If our next cycle in April doesn't produce any eggs then that's the end of the line for me so I'll be taking everything!