+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you regret it?

Not at all! Happy to do it again. I healed quickly & was back doing most things within weeks.

Is it what you always wanted?

Yes. It was pretty much close to "perfect". No pain, no stress, lots of love & lots of bonding skin on skin with my baby in recovery. Loved it.

Did people try and put you off?

No - because I didn't tell them! Only a few people knew I was booked in, so that meant I could surprise everyone when our bub arrived. I am sure a few people passed judgement in private, but that says more about them than me.

Was your OB all for c section?

Ob (private) was happy to support whatever birth I was most comfortable with. He was happy to do CS in the best interests of my health & baby's health. He did make me do some reading first to make sure I understood the risks involved. He was fantastic & there was no judgement cast from any of the hospital staff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you regret it?
    Nope, if I could do my birth over again I'd have everything the same, it was a beautiful calm situation, who am I kidding it was the best day of my life, I met my DS... We have amazing photos of it aswell. In the end it was the best decision, DS was sitting in meconium & had the cord around his neck so 99% probability it would have ended in an emergency

Is it what you always wanted?
    It was my first 'birth' experience so all my expectations where to have DS arrive the safest way possible, so yes it's what I wanted I seriously wouldn't change a thing

Did people try and put you off?
    No, the opposite, my 3 older sisters have had emergency c-sections at some point, I called them all and they all said if OB thinks it's the best then go for it because if you get into an emergency situation then it will be very scary, and recovery isn't as bad as you are told.., from then on my motto was 6 weeks of healing versus possible life time of grieving & it was an easy decision. My DS is an IVF bub so I just wanted him here, the less risk the better for me.

Was your OB all for c section?
    Yes, he recommended it, at 38 weeks DS was sitting really high & showing no signs of coming down, OB basically said I could have a c-section at 39weeks or wait and see what happened, but he was not going to induce me he was too worried that it would take too much as my cervix wasn't showing signs either, but if I waited I would have no choice at 42 weeks & it would have been an automatic c-section, I decided to go at 39weeks as he was only going to get bigger & the longer I left it he less time I would have DH home to help me.

Why are people so negative about it? I think because it's not the 'natural' way plus the media tend to report on the negatives, ie the c-section rate is on the rise, but hey forget to follow that up with the number of take home baby rate being far higher these days aswell.they also use the angle that OB's lean that way out of convenience, but really I don't care about this, more people get to take their baby home & that part is more important to me.

I don't see any negatives FOR ME with it? No I didn't either, I just wanted my baby in my arms how he got there wasn't an issue.

The one thing I would say, if you are wanting to BF do a bit of research on there is a way to bring milk on quicker, I gave birth on Monday & didn't get milk till Saturday & by the DS had lost a lot of weight & I lost my confidence & it all went to &rap... I'm going to go see the hospital LC before I give birth next time to express my concerns.

Anyway good luck with your decision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Jazzz99  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do u regret it?

No. Not at all.

Is it what you wanted?

Yes...and no. Initially as others have said i was scared of surgery....then i got told at 41wks that baby wasn't engaged or even close. But..had an induction..hated the induction..hated it...was boring and had various nurses coming into room randomly sticking their hand up my vjj...no progress as i predicted so was happy for c section and it was actually great....second time was ' elective' but i actually preferred it less than the 'emergency' ...had elective cos i just had a feeling it just wasnt going to happen vag way as baby wayyyy high again...hated the spinal , the epi was better...took forever to get out if recovery and everyone seemed rushed and cranky cos i insisted on having it on a day that wasnt obs surgery day and nurse was a whingey dog....but recovery from actual c section was fine. Tbh i just never imagined myself doing a vag birth anyway...

did ppl try to put u off? No

was your obs for a c section? No...he was pro vbac actually...but he did say from the get go i could have an elective...i was undecided til about 30 wks...i dont think he gave a toss either way iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wowser my OLD thread I'm nearly on my second c section now

In answer to my own question. Do I regret it? Hell no! Loved every minute of it💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Wowser my OLD thread I'm nearly on my second c section now

In answer to my own question. Do I regret it? Hell no! Loved every minute of it💜
    Funny I didn't check the date & thought you already had a LO...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Funny I didn't check the date & thought you already had a LO...

That's ok I love it when one of my threads come back because it brings back a lot. I can't even remember writing half of them hehe! Even this one is a tad vague

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    That's ok I love it when one of my threads come back because it brings back a lot. I can't even remember writing half of them hehe! Even this one is a tad vague
    Maybe it's to encourage you for the next birth in some weird/spooky way!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent had mine yet and these questions are things I wanted to know..so the thread keeps on helping others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzz99 View Post
    I havent had mine yet and these questions are things I wanted to know..so the thread keeps on helping others!
    That's great to hear👍