+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Woody, Congrats on the pregnancy its a sticky one!

I see Peter Jurvcevic and have always found him excellent, Ive had 2 mc and a bit of who ha along the way, who are you seeing?
    Also Pete told me a couple of obs uses the cervical tape at the Women's; my recommendation is to avoid this as it slips easily and they can only wrap around with it and cant put it through the cervix wall.
    Also there is a Ob at the Women's that is is suppose to be the 'best' (& charges like it!) with IC but I have heard a couple of negative stories about his management ie he is a bit to relaxed etc so hopefully you dont end up with him!.

Let us know how your appointment goes!
    I hope to be joining you soon, Ive just started Clomid this cycle so it works

Reilysmuma- well done on getting so far, I'm very impressed, I hope you make it FT again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woody, just wanted to say congratulations and I am sooo so happy for you. (Sorry for crashing ladies) We are all extremely happy for you and have our fingers crossed that everything goes well and you have a sweet bubba in your arms in 9 short months. Sending much love your way and prayers and good vibes and whatever else we can throw at you. If there is ANYTHING any of us can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. You know you are always in our thoughts and hearts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow woody Congrats

I hope this little baby is a sticky. Its a hard road getting there again dealing with all the emotions. So good on you

Best advice I can give is its your body and you have the last say!! If the OB you see wants to do the wait and see route tell them that your not happy with that and its not an option and you will be seeing someone else.
    When I feel pregnant with this little guy I went to a different hospital thats a bit closer to home and they didnt want to put one in. I told them I will be changeing hospitals. Even with my 24 weeker painless birth first time and then funneling through my second that started at 18 weeks they still didnt think I needed it. Silly people. So I changed back to Flinders in SA and got it in there.

I also havent heard many good things about cervical tape.

Once again best of luck and Im really excited for you. Try not to get to worried about everything just enjoy the pregnancy ride

Oh I forgot to add that I did have a little bit of bed rest (3 weeks) just after I had my stitch in becuase the bleeding was taking a little while to stop. But I havent had any since then and they dont think I will need any. I have started funneling but the stitch is doing its job. Although they dont think I will make it full term becuase this boy is going to be big :-p there thinking he will be around 10 pound. Doesnt suprise me though DS was 9 pound 1.
    Last edited by Rileysmuma; 06-08-2011 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies

Im feeling much better about this all now, I know it's going to be a long road but it can be done, you guys are proof and should be very proud xox

I'll update you on Friday but I'll definately be saying a big fat NO to the cervical tape, I want to be stitched up well and good

Emz- thanks for crashing and for your kind words! I miss being in your group so i drop past for a perve every now and then, still wishing i was there! All the best for November xoxo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody1982 For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    woody feel free to pop over we are all missing u in the nov thread and also wish you the best with this exciting news and every other piece of sticky dust you like xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmuma View Post
    I just had my second stitch put in 2 weeks ago at flinders public.

I am so very sorry to here about your loss xoxo

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Bubhub
    We are currently doing IVF and I've had two letz procedures, I am told I will need 'a stitch' at 12 weeks.
    I noticed you had a 'second' stitch, is that normal? How do you know if you need a second one?

Sorry for my silly questions, just trying to understand it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think by second stitch she meant second pregnancy requiring a stitch.

I'll need a stitch with all future pregnancies, despite going overdue with dd because the issue is generally in the second trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah sorry I should have explained better.

I mean that it was my third pregnancy and second stitch over two pregnancies. Although I have had that bubba now :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok thanks for letting me know.
    So would you say a stitch is usually enough? I'm trying to choose whether to have the operation or the stitch they put in at 14 wks.
    Any opinions would be great.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean the TAC operation vs the TVC (or stitch)? I believe unless you have failed a TVC (as in a fetal death/micro prem) it is very hard to get any of the Drs to agree to do a TAC. Also not many Drs in Aust actually do them.
    I have just had a TVC put in last Friday, it is just an over night stay with either a light GA or a spinal. I had mine at 12 wk 5 days but most are done under 14wks. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Also just some food for thought, I have a friend who had a Letz and at 12 and 20 weeks her cervix was good, with out a stitch, her Dr let her chose which way she wanted to go and so far so good. If I was her I would have got a stitch but she is fairing well so far