+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    iMischa- welcome

Did good with my eating today so pretty pleased kept pretty active also walked twice for an hr did, grocery shopping, mowed the lawn & will do wii later
    My kids have been driving me a wee bit batty this afternoon i think i am just tired stayed up late watching hewitt get beaten again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is so quiet!
    So hot here so am going to go do a few laps at the pool hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hiya

ok,
    So i am not calling it a diet this time, because its not going to be, its just change.
    I've have started on my pre- pregnancy vitamins 4 days ago, and since then i have been having:

Banana smoothie - milk, teaspoon honey and a banana - the cup size that fits on my blender.
    John west tuna - the different flavours like sundried tomato etc on Cruskits about 3-4.
    fish & salad or we had subway last night
    cup of tea

I did have a piece of rocky road slice the other day but i did only have half because i cut it.

I seem to be having trouble eating redmeat - it makes me feel sick.

In regards to the banding my mum has one, she has had it for about 4-5 years now and only lost like 40kg ( she wasnt really that big though, she is just weight obsessed) she is about a size 16 now from a size 20. She vomits alot from the band, she cant eat bread and some foods sort of block the band up - she has seem the doctors many times however its just how it is on her.
    Please seriously think about it before you get it done, alot of stories are not successful (shes in a group) its really hard to take her out to dinner or even get something to eat when shopping, a lot of the time she cant eat before tea time. she had times when she looks really ill, and while she may have looked thinner, she wasnt healthy. She has also had stomach ulcers caused by the band. I would never suggest that anyone have the band where they cut your stomach, because if you get stomach cancer there is nothing left to remove.

Anyway i might just sit here thinking about exercise lol hmm i really want to go to belly dance but im scared to go alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KRIBBY- it's coming it's coming zumba on wii will be here on the 3rd of march
    I know some have you have downloaded it already but im not that smart lol
    Autumncurl your poor mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    AutumnCurl..your post scared the bejaysus out of me.Ain't no one in here getting stomach cancer.....it is not allowed!!! I can't stomach red meat either, it is revolting. I have gone back to my hippie vego loving ways again. My sister had a band and vomits a lot when she has just had more fluid put in her fill. She works 80 hours a week and is a single Mother to 2 small children, and chose a lapband as the thing that would fit in best with her lifestyle. I guess we all choose what works for us.

iMischa..Helllllloooooo honey. I know how hard you have tried in the past, and if this is the decision you have come to for your lifestyle change, well that is fantastic. I think it is an immeasurably brave move (is the sleeve the one where they make your stomach smaller..I watched a Doco on it a while back, and they said as long as you look after yourslef with vitamins and the proper food that is was a great thing). I think just being in this thread (100 +) is kind of a big enough step as it is. It took me a long time to balls up the courage, and man, those scales are nasty!

Princessmummy...I used to love getting boxes of fruit and veg delivered when I lived in the city, so I totally get the joy factor. But boo...what meanies. They should have just delivered anyway.

PrincessJasmine...How awesome are you that you will whip your shake maker out in the middle of the foodcourt! That is dedication.

FlyDee...Of course your soups are mega scrummy and delicious. Yummmmm. Do you ship interstate???

Ariana...You made it up the hill!!!! You must still be so chuffed! That is what I love..the small every day hurdles. Woot woo!!

Nothing to report here. I tried to eat more food yesterday..Loving5, are you finding it makes a difference to up the calories. I just have no interest in eating. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    This my post from last night when bubhub decided it didn't want me to post. Minus all the smiles.

Welcome to the party Misha. I think getting a head start on your surgery is a great Idea. That is what I did too. Honestly it is the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family. It has been worth every cent for sure. I put on during my waiting period too, I think it is pretty normal to do that.

PM well done on 2 hrs of walking. That is so great.

Ariana Heart attack hill in one go. Super human effort.

PJ Way to go having your shake in the food court, i think that is one of hardest things to do.

Flydee I must admit I love my sleeve. I used just used an old asparagus bottle to make up my shakes. Just use anything with a lid if need be. Your doing so well.

Bubmum I can never keep up either, this thread goes so fast. Your food dairy for yesterday sounds good.

Kribby You are such a great support to all of us.

Imma I hope today was a good day.

To anyone I missed I hope you have had losses this week.

As for me Well it's been an ok day, i put on but i excepted that as i doubled my food intake yesterday in an attempt to break this plateau. I meant to keep it up today but just didn't happen.

my food diary for today.

breakfast none, people turned up when i was still in my way too short nightie
    lunch 3/4 of a large stuffed mushroom (with bacon, onion and cheese)
    dinner 1 cup of the meat and veg sauce from the family's spag bol.

snacks two milk arrowroot biscuits and 1 chocolate pud (hunt's fat free)

Thanks
    Reviews
    day 4 of optislim and still going strong for breaky and lunch and we've been eating pretty good dinners, soooo much salad but im so excited that DH is actually eating it too lol coz hes so hungry by dinner time!!

And i did my first 8 minutes on the cross trainer today, i got off and my legs wanted to fold out from under me but i felt so good for doing it!!

We bought scales and when i weighed myself on them im now 129.6, 2kg down from sunday but im not getting excited coz i know every set of scales is different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    heyss cass *hugsss* yep im having the sleeve just like loving5 for those of you who dont know it is NOT anything like the lapband, the opening to the stomach is not affected so no food gets stuck before it enters the stomach.

they remove a good portion of the stomach (but of course leave enough that u can live and eat) and also remove the glands in your stomach that tell the brain its hungry. its a huge decision, one that doesn't get entered into lightly thats for sure, ive been obese my whole life, my father had his first heart attack at 37yrs of age, he is a thin man. im 27 now...and morbidly obese, so my chances of a heart attack well before 37 are high. i can take that risk or i can take this one which will hopefully extend my years.

and if i happen to get stomach cancer and theres nothing they can do. then i have no choice but to accept it. one thing i wont accept is being this big for the rest of my hopefully (cancer free) life.

wow that was a big justification i didnt really want to get into...but i really don't like people assuming that i'm fat so i'll just have surgery to fix it like its not a serious thing. for me its the last resort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    AS for the Band/Sleeve thing.

For any one who doesn't know.
    I have had gastric sleeve surgery back in may last year.
    Yes that is the op where they cut out most of your stomach and the gland that makes you feel hungry.

My sleeve saved my life. I was nearly 180kgs (178.8 to be exact) life was very grim. My life expectancy was great. In fact I had to prove to Australian government that it was a case of life or death for me to access my hubby super early so we could pay for it. Believe me it's not the easy way out but it is a highly successful way out. For me it was the best thing i have ever done for myself and my family.

I have only ever vomited twice due to over eating ( back in the very early days)
    I can eat anything. There is no food that cause me any problem's (I had the sleeve not the band) If you have the band you can have trouble with some foods.
    My chances of getting stomach cancer are the same as everyone else's.
    I can and do eat out all the time. I just can't eat much but that ok That is why i had the sleeve.
    I have never been healthier
    I have never regretted getting my sleeve. I do regret not doing it years earlier.

Your mum's experience is just that, her experience. As you say not everyone is successful with the band. There are cheats that you can do that hinder your weight loss. i am sure that the 40 kgs your mum has taken off is a big deal to her. Because losing 40 kgs is a big deal.

Anyone who wants more info on my journey or more about my op feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Imma you sure that flatulence hasn't turned into diarrhea thanks for those studies I love educating myself more especially when it concerns those who I care about loving5 I'm looking at cha doll!!!

Loving and bubmum totally I agree with the welcome new additions it's getting a bit fast in here

To all the lovely ladies your doing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all the newbies your more then welcome in this hood but you gotta wear our colours (which is any colour you choose btw )

Afm clearly I'm In a hyper delirious mood if you couldn't tell from that last paragraph been good with food today it helps when I'm at work no temptations ya see me lassys!!! Well there is but I'm busy so I don't have time for them and stuffed if I'm waiting in line at work to buy something norty!!!! Going to the gym in t minus 57min for fat burner so I gotta head!!!!!!

Oh and flatulence you never answered my question on FB yesterday! Were you joking asking me who he was or being serious? If it was a joke please explain the punch line?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kribby For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-01-2011)