+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post
    Well in the interests of confessing I had a few shandies tonight...a fair bit more than just a few. I get the midnight munchies really bad, right now I could just about demolish everything in the fridge!

This might be TMI...but for those on the shakes, have you had really foul smelling gas? My room doesn't have a window you can open I'm grossing myself out here! uke:
    When I was on opti the kids were threatening to get gas masks.

Looks like it the night for confessions. Here's mine... I made homemade chips and ate them all and ate 6 fat free puddings today (not all at once but spread out over the day). I am trying to build up my calories as i have been sitting on a average of 450 cal a day and i am plateauing. So i thought i would try and get up 1200 a day, and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Imma- I've done it too this stress is killing me!!!

When I've been naughty ladies you'll note I go quiet in here and I stop using my app!! Ok back on it tomorrow! I've still been exersicing (aside from today) but it's still but it's only a couple of days a month and quite frankly I think I need it to keep me going! I always said exercise was my main thing but you addictive ladies have helped with the food side too! Gotta regain focus and stop letting evil fat stress fairy annoy me!

Me tired it's midnight I'll do other personals tomorrow girls I don't know what I'd do without you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Food Diary

So today is the day that was suggested as food diary day.

Breakfast - 40grams Uncle Toby's Plus Essentials for Women, 1 cup skim milk and a chopped up medium sized banana. This was shared with DD.

FlyDee Congrats on your accountability post and for your time on the treadmill. Fifteen minutes at 3.5 - 4.5km/hr is a great effort When I completed the C25K program last year I managed to jog for 30 minutes at 5km/hr but boy was I buggered and dripping with sweat after that. Just remember that we all have to start somewhere. And when you fell comfortable at that speed you can either go for a longer time or attempt a higher speed. And more more importantly remember that you have your own personal cheer squad here

PrincessM 5cm off your waist You must feel great! I've been thinking about getting the Biggest Loser program for the Wii. Do you think it?

Kribby Sending lots of positive vibes and thoughts your way for your referal to the fertilitiy clinic. they contact you soon.

PrincessJ We bought rechargable batteries for our Wii balance board and always have some on charge. The intial outlay might be a bit more expensive but once you have them you save money because you don't have to continuously buy new batteries. on your walk! I love using imapmyrun to keep my stats.

MrsN I find it hard enough to exercise with one nearly 2 yo let alone 4 kids. A loss is a loss as PP said. Maybe you could walk on the spot while putting the washing on the line? Or doing the dishes? Or while you are watching tv after the kids go to bed? Or use two tins of diced tomatoes (or something else) and do bicep curls? It's amazing what you can find around the house to help with exercise.

Imma I agree with we everyone else. We all have blowouts at times. Don't feel bad or give up, just start fresh on a new day and focus on what you 'are' doing instead of what you 'have' done. Also it is important to remember that we need to have everything in moderation otherwise we will crave all that fatty and salty food all the time.

AFM Today is day four of walking 3km before 9am. I'm adding variety by walking the flat route one day and then the hilly route the next day. I'm feeling really good by starting the day like this but my legs are a bit sore. I'm a bit confused as it isn't the leg muscles that are sore, it is my shins My problem is once my holidays finish and I return to work I will find it hard to walk in the morning and then it is usually to hot in the afternoon.

I better go and start the day. Have a good one everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    FlyDee Congrats on your accountability post and for your time on the treadmill. Fifteen minutes at 3.5 - 4.5km/hr is a great effort When I completed the C25K program last year I managed to jog for 30 minutes at 5km/hr but boy was I buggered and dripping with sweat after that. Just remember that we all have to start somewhere. And when you fell comfortable at that speed you can either go for a longer time or attempt a higher speed. And more more importantly remember that you have your own personal cheer squad here
    Ariana - thankyou for this post. I was sitting here with my coffee thinking 'oh DD will be up in a minute, feeling a bit tired.. blah blah blah excuses.' Your post (and everyone else's) got me off my backside and onto the treadmill. 13 minutes today, 57 calories.

Need to focus on water today, didn't have alot yesterday and I could feel it while working out - dry lips etc.

Food diary day! Well I am planning on having a shake day today. So shakes for brekky and lunch, fruit/crackers inbetween and we're having marinated chicken legs and salad for dinner. Was going to do a potato bake, but I might skip that. Kids have LO mash spud in the fridge so the bake is not necessary!

A 'normal' day lately has been a slice of wholemeal toast, with half a slice of ham and a poached egg for brekky. Some kind of fruit mid morning, ham & salad sambo for lunch, something through the arvo like fruit, crackers/tuna and maybe a sneaky little bit of choccy. Then dinners are meat & veg (cutting way down on potato) or things like tuna bake, stroganoff, risotto (things the kids eat willingly.) We also have fish, chips and salad, hamburgers. So dinners are a bit dodgy and probably affecting that number on the scale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello everyone..I can't keep track, unless I log in twice a day or something..you're all exercise maniacs. Love it!!! And MrsN..You are losing weight the "Cate Blanchett" way (when she says she doesn't exercise, she runs around after her kids, so true that burns the calories).

I derailed the diet as well on Monday night, but it was calories from a bottle. Tsk tsk, very bad. A bottle of merlot and a bell stuffed pepper is not a healthy and nutritious meal.

Food diary..this is from yesterday. Breakfast .. a banana.. Lunch ... an iced tea (went to my favourite cafe, and they had changed hands and no salads to be had), and for dinner vegies and vegetarian sausage. We were out all day yesterday visiting friends, and I was just disorganised. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ariana i think it is pretty good seems to work
    Food diary for today so far
    Breakfast- cup of tea then my tony ferguson shake
    mid morning -1/2 a tf munch bar
    lunch- 1/2 tf munch bar & 1/2 a banana
    will have a banana or apple a little later then im going to have steak & salad for dinner have drank 1.5ltrs of water so far

I ordered a fruit & vegie order from flamingtondirect i was totally excited waiting for it (im so lame) & they just rang to tell me they dont come to my area but on the website it says it does so im rather annoyed because now i have to go shopping again.
    Bubmum bell stuffed peppers mmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey ladies -

is it ok if i join??

i'm well over 100 kgs (i'm sorry i know i should be comfortable saying the exact number but im not right now...im deadset embarrassed and ashamed in all honesty) and in 3 months time (to the exact day) i'll be having weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve)

it's been a longgggg wait for my health fund waiting period to be up and in that time ive gained quite a bit. i'd like to get started now with exercise and see if maybe i can shed at least 5 kilos by the time i have the surgery, i find it very difficult to control my portion sizes as i always feel hungry..but if i can get my fitness up, then i'll have alot better results after my surgery.

my food today has been terrible already but tomorrow is a new day. and i'm going to start going on my exercise bike this afternoon for 20 mins (i hope i can last that long)

i know a couple of the gals in here, look forward to getting to know the ones i dont

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome imischa! I have wished for that gastric sleeve too, but never been game enough to actually really look into it. The manager at Autograph here said it changed her life. She looks fantastic!

Well my shakes got derailed. I use a specific container to mix them up in, and on the weekend I let hubby use those containers to put soups into for the freezer! So I was starving when this dawned on me at breakfast and just had a slice of wholemeal toast with marg/vegemite while making the kids brekky. Snacks so far I've had 2 of those chicken flavoured rice cakes and a few vege chips with chicken pate. Just the last little bit in the tub - yum! I'm having soup for lunch so I can get one of my tubs back. Its homemade potato, leek and bacon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi imischa!

So food for today...
    1 coffe shake for breakfast
    1 strawberry shake for lunch
    400mls of water so far
    1 sip of lemonade
    dinner will be chow mein with noodles
    desert will be two pieces of cantelope and half a cup of fat free yoghurt
    Not enough water there I know very bad...explains my headache.

I bought myself a proper shaker to make my shakes today. I was out buying school uniforms for my daughter. The kids shared a 6inch sub, and I sat there and made up my strawberry shake. I felt a bit silly sitting in the food court but also proud of myself that I didn't give in and eat Macca's.

I've probably done about 3km's of incedental walking today. I'm about to get on my wii fit and weigh in. Was going to wait til Friday but thought I'd have a go with the Biggest Loser game that I've had for ages and never played.

Thanks
    Reviews
    iMischa I only joined this thread yesterday and have found these lovely ladies friendly, supportive and very welcoming. I've often thought about weight loss surgery but I'd like to have another baby and can't afford the procedure anyway. I'd be interested to hear about your experience. Most of all I wanted to say

Food diary It sounds like most of us have had a great day food wise. And for those who haven't don't punish yourself and remember that tomorrow is another day.

Breakfast - 40g Uncle Toby's Plus Essentials for Women, 1 medium sized banana chopped up and 1 cup skim milk. Shared with DD.
    Morning Tea - 1 bite WW bar and 1/2 an apple (was planning to have both but again DD).
    Lunch - Ham and salad wrap with low fat mayo and low fat cheese.
    Afternoon Tea - 1 small packet of plain Red Rock Chips My downfall for the day. At least it was a smaller packet than I would have had in the past.
    Dinner - 1 homemade rissole (80g 5 star mince, grated carrot, creamed corn, onion, oyster sauce, beef stock from the Symply Too Good To Be True books), 1 cup of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and beans) and 5 homemade oven fried chips.
    Dessert - Usually 1 diet nestle yoghurt or 2 cruskits with peanut butter or vegemite. But I probably won't have anything due to the chip incident earlier in the day.

AFM Today has been very busy but I still managed to fit in my 3km walk. I added a hill into the walk, including one that is dubbed around here as cardiac/heart attack hill). In the past I've never made it to the top of the hill in one go but today I did, so I'm feeling rather chuffed right now

Time to get DD ready for bed. BBL.