+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Hart congrats on your loss! I hope I can loose as much by this Friday. I'm waitimg for a bus to take me to my first training session. Sooo not looking forward to this. I think its to much too sopn for someone that hasn't exercised in 9 years!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

I have to confess to stalking this and the first thread. I really wanted to join your group, to feel your amazing support and to support you where I can, but I was feeling very uncertain. The reason for my uncertaincy is because I am currently taking 30mg of duromine daily and I know how many people feel about this medication. My Dr has given me this medication to help me loose weight before ttc #2. She and the nurse from her surgery are closely monitoring me with fortnightly visits to ensure that I am not suffering from side effects, giving me advice and cookbooks (including Christmas for the diabetes sufferer and a low fat magazine), weighing and measuring me and checking to see if I'm having any problems with the medication. So far I've been on the medication for 10 weeks and have lost around 10kgs. And best of all I haven't suffered any side effects at all! I'd like to loose another 10 - 15kgs before ttc #2 later in the year.

More about me. I'm nearly 34, happily married with a nearly 2 year old DD. She is my life, even during her current cheeky stage.

Immaculate You are right there are so many alternatives to our most favourite foods. One that I have started using is light evaporated milk instead of cream. I have started to use the Symply To Good To Be True books. One example is that cheese cake can have up to 20g of fat per server but there is a recipe in these books for a cookies and cream cheese cake that has around 4.7g of fat per serve. These recipe books really helped me over Christmas as there was a recipe for low fat Christmas pudding, potato salad, lemon meringue pie, cob loaf etc Since using these books I have started cooking everything from scratch instead of being a jar and packet girl.

PrincessJ I understand your annoyance at the expense of the exercise physio and dietician. My DH was sent to both of these due to his allergies and a couple of other problems, my DD was sent to a dietician at 12 months old because our Dr thought she was fat, even though she is totally in proportion, and both of these were covered by medicare, but me, even though I am 20ishkgs heavier than my DH had to pay to see the dietician because my weight wasn't considered a health issue

Bubmum I'll be in on the food diary on Wednesday. I'd love to hear what other people think of my current diet.

Kribby You are a true inspiration and an exercise MACHINE I'm reading how much exercise you do everyday! I roughly walk around 3km today, which takes me about 30 mins. My wonderful DH has just got me zumba for the wii, so I am pretty excited about that.

Loving5 with the others about getting some good runners. You don't want to get injured and let that prevent you from exercising. Like someone else mentioned I bought my new balance runners from a warehouse for nearly 50% off. You are another inspiration! I have been following you here and on your weightloss journal. Congratulations on all your hard work

PrincessM It's amazing how your mii on the wii can look normal size until you weigh yourself and then it plumps up to look like the Michelin wii.

Sorry for the post. Let me know if it is ok to join your thread. on your weightloss journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    Hello Ladies

I have to confess to stalking this and the first thread. I really wanted to join your group, to feel your amazing support and to support you where I can, but I was feeling very uncertain. The reason for my uncertaincy is because I am currently taking 30mg of duromine daily and I know how many people feel about this medication. My Dr has given me this medication to help me loose weight before ttc #2. She and the nurse from her surgery are closely monitoring me with fortnightly visits to ensure that I am not suffering from side effects, giving me advice and cookbooks (including Christmas for the diabetes sufferer and a low fat magazine), weighing and measuring me and checking to see if I'm having any problems with the medication. So far I've been on the medication for 10 weeks and have lost around 10kgs. And best of all I haven't suffered any side effects at all! I'd like to loose another 10 - 15kgs before ttc #2 later in the year.

More about me. I'm nearly 34, happily married with a nearly 2 year old DD. She is my life, even during her current cheeky stage.

Loving5 with the others about getting some good runners. You don't want to get injured and let that prevent you from exercising. Like someone else mentioned I bought my new balance runners from a warehouse for nearly 50% off. You are another inspiration! I have been following you here and on your weightloss journal. Congratulations on all your hard work

Sorry for the post. Let me know if it is ok to join your thread. on your weightloss journey.

Welcome and make your self at home. We are a very friendly bunch.
    As you might know I have had an op to help me lose weight and the girls have accepted me with loving hands. I am sure you will find it the same way for you. there is no judgement here. We are all fighting the same battle, just with different weapons.
    I did end up buying myself a pair of runners today at Kmart. I had to get men's though as my feet are just too big. Oh well they will do.

HART Congrats on the loss.

PJ good luck with your session tonight, I hope it all goes well.

PM thanks for the notatoes recipe i will have to try that.

I have to go the kids keep bring me food, i think they may be hinting that i need to go cook dinner.lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ariana Please come and join us. I tried duromine about 5 years ago, and I wouldn't do it now (because I have a past with "drugs"), but if it is working for you, don't feel like you have to explain your situation. This is your journey, and this thread is for support, not judgement. I have a friend who tried it at the same time, and all was fine and great for her, with no side effects, so I think it depends on how nutty you are to begin with. Ten kilos down so far is a great result

HART . Woohoooo!!!! Yay! Did your scales record a loss at all? how dodgy are they? I think I am going to have to get Mythbusters onto the problem with dodgy scales soon!!

Everyone is doing so well..you all make me so proud and inspired, and not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    Hello Ladies

Immaculate You are right there are so many alternatives to our most favourite foods. One that I have started using is light evaporated milk instead of cream. I have started to use the Symply To Good To Be True books. One example is that cheese cake can have up to 20g of fat per server but there is a recipe in these books for a cookies and cream cheese cake that has around 4.7g of fat per serve. These recipe books really helped me over Christmas as there was a recipe for low fat Christmas pudding, potato salad, lemon meringue pie, cob loaf etc Since using these books I have started cooking everything from scratch instead of being a jar and packet girl.

PrincessJ I understand your annoyance at the expense of the exercise physio and dietician. My DH was sent to both of these due to his allergies and a couple of other problems, my DD was sent to a dietician at 12 months old because our Dr thought she was fat, even though she is totally in proportion, and both of these were covered by medicare, but me, even though I am 20ishkgs heavier than my DH had to pay to see the dietician because my weight wasn't considered a health issue

Bubmum I'll be in on the food diary on Wednesday. I'd love to hear what other people think of my current diet.

Kribby You are a true inspiration and an exercise MACHINE I'm reading how much exercise you do everyday! I roughly walk around 3km today, which takes me about 30 mins. My wonderful DH has just got me zumba for the wii, so I am pretty excited about that.

PrincessM It's amazing how your mii on the wii can look normal size until you weigh yourself and then it plumps up to look like the Michelin wii.

we are all on different journeys as you have probably read, surgery, shakes, exercise, diet etc etc who cares how your doing it, your doing it and that's all that matters! And it's never ever all about medication or because of surgery there's a mindset change and that's the biggest thing! Never down grade your weight loss to "just the meds" or its "because of the surgery" because YOU did something YOU helped it along!!!! 10kg in 10weeks is amazing I wish it would come off me that quick! I do love exercise but something I've never shared is where I got my initial inspiration from....

It was a long long long time ago and I was watching oprah (I never watch her show) and saw John travoltas amazing weightloss and he shared how he did it... Exercise. He said he likes to eat he enjoys it but it was killing him! So instead of dieting something which he hates (like me) he just exercised his butt off to make up for the food he ate. So ladies there you go an odd odd place to find inspiration but he's the one that gave me the idea!

And ummm zumba for the wii??????? Where how what when??? Omg we've all been waiting forever and there's been no word on it released in aust!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HART View Post
    YAY lost 1.9kgs on the Tony Ferg scales! So its offical my scales are dodgy but in a good way today.. Not sure if next weeks weigh in is going to be as good as we are off to the beach for 5 days - I MUST stick to my plan! It is so hard when others are around and salt air always makes me hungry...

Welcome Princess Jasmine! I have only been doing TF for a week, so still new to it all. Make sure you go on their website as you can see a lot of their recipes without being a member. Like Kribby said Notatoes are cauliflower mixed with about 75g of lite cream cheese and I always put garlic in mine - its not too bad, don't think I will be able to convert DH though.

QueenBetty - Hope the weigh in today was kind to you... glad you had a good weekend though!

Immaculate - I agree there are so many low fat versions to our favourite foods, it is all about learning to adapt our diets - just wish it didn't take so long to see the results...

Bubmum - WOW what a horrible old biddy to speak to you like that especially when you are in there buying bras... I was out mowing yesterday as well, though nothing compared to you just our backyard - I don't mind mowing but racking and mulching blerh!

Magic - Chromium helps maintain normal blood sugar levels so you don't get that huge craving late afternoon and helps prevent headaches that you get as your body gets used to not having its normal sugar intake.... I haven't taken mine since Day 3 and hasn't been a problem...

Loving5 - Treat yourself for sure and buy yourself some good supportive joggers, my gilly gosh you deserve it! Super effort on the walk.... Hope your feet aren't too sore today..
    Omg I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats babe excellent effort!!!!!!!

I maintained so that goal isn't happening but I'm happy with the changes so far! 17.5kg on the bar for squats today that's an extra 5kg!! Killed me and my legs are gonna be sore tomorrow but yay!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so ive gotta not join this thread and then not read it for a few days coz i cant keep up!!

DH and I started Optislim today, has anyone done it?? We are replacing breakfast and lunch with shakes, so far vanilla is ick, but i dont mind chocolate!

Im going to try a soup for lunch tomorrow.

For dinner i made chicken marinated in soy, garlic and tomato sauce (sounds weird but tastes fantastic) and a huuuuuge salad! I had a little bit of dressing though but it was so good!

Im really hoping we can stick to it, i want to lose 40kg hopefully my cross trainer gets delivered tomorrow, im actually excited about using it!! We went and bought good joggers too to exercise, i never thought id be excited to go on a diet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the warm and supportive welcome You've made me feel at home already

Kribby You're right about the mindset change. Since starting my journey (this time ) I have bought the WW point books to make sure we are buying the lowest point food possible (we can't eat a lot of foods due to DH's allergies, but making sure the ones we can have are the best ones for us), started using the recipe books I mentioned in my OP, regularly weighing my food and watching my portion sizes. I was shocked when I heard that most people eat 2 or 3 times the recommended serving size of breakast cereal because they just pour what they feel is appropriate.

I am realistic in knowing that I won't be on the medication forever and I want to ensure that I have a healthy lifestyle/mindset to continue with. My DH is not a big fan of vegies or salads but has willingly been eating chicken and salad wraps for dinner and actually complained that there wasn't enough vegies in the soup I made the other night

As for zumba for wii...DH downloaded it for me I'm not sure if it is available here yet.

Noskie I've used optifast before and had good success with it. My Dr says that the shake brands that contain the word opti (optifast/optislim etc) are better than the other brands. I'm not sure that this has been proven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ariana! I'm new to the thread too no judgments here, i'm actually curious..there's a drug you can take to help loose weight?? wth why am I only hearing about this now! For someone like me who may struggle to get the weight off I'm very curious...but good on you 10kg in 10 weeks is amazing! and lol I downloaded the Zumba on my wii too, I can't do it! I also have the dvd's its so damn hard, I'm just too unco when it comes to things like that. Watching me try to do an aerobic class is a crack up.

noskie, I'm doing the Aldi ones but they all seem pretty similar. My local store only had coffee or choclate shakes. I tried a potato and leek soup...3 mouthfuls and it was down the sink. I have two friends who've tried TF and Celeb Slim both didn't like the soups.

My dinner tonight was skinless roast chicken and a big plate of caesar salad. Naughty me with the dressing and croûtons, but damn it was sooo yummy!

So I did my first training session tonight...I was really dreading it didn't want to go. I got there and was like OMG I can't do this I'm so unco! But you know what, it wasn't that bad. The trainer had his garage set up like a gym there was 12 of us some overweight, some just doing it to improve fitness. There was 12 stations we did a minute on each one and went around twice. First time around I was doing pretty good, second time around I had to take it easy. I'm starting to feel it now, I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow. So it wasn't as bad as I though, I'm going back next monday night. After that I'll have to look at if I can afford to keep going. At 16.50 a session it seems a bit expensive, but to be told what to do is something I kind of need to keep me motivated. A gym membership at tafe costs $60 for three months, but you're on your own there. In the long run I'm going to need to workout more than once a week so maybe a gym membership will serve me better. I just need someone to train with!! I'm off to jump in the spa (i have one of those mats you stick in the tub) my neck and shoulders are feeling a bit stiff already.
    Last edited by PrincessJasmine; 17-01-2011 at 20:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning! This is my accountability post.

I am dressed ready to get on the treadmill and sitting here with coffee reading BH instead of actually exercising.

So I am telling all you lovely ladies I'm getting off my butt now and WILL do 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then come back and post.

Got on the scales this morning, 119kg. So the 120kg scare did recede but not as far as I would have hoped.

Ok, i'm off!